Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Kay Burley Appreciation Thread. Mod Note Post 1

• 07-10-2012 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

She's back Again doing what she does best.

Another great clip.

When interviewing the wife of the Suffolk strangler "6 murders in 5 weeks - do you think that if you had had a better sex life, he might not have murdered the women?"

Completely inept anchorwoman. Still a bit of a MILF.
    Mod note: the discussion of her attraction is not relevant. Drop it. If it continues, cards and possibly bans will be handed out.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Sky news.
    They are what they try to be - oft time cheap tabloidism in moving media format
    Enough said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Sack Kay Burley.

Watch the BBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Tom Watson seems to have summed it up well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

I don't think she realises what she does tbh she is not the brightest star on the Christmas tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

went to the Geoff Shreeves school of broadcasting,

sat what the man on the street is thinking, but not to be said on air to millions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

I remember watching 9-11 as it happened and she was in the chair. She kept repeating "this is one of the worst ever terrorist attacks", talk about understatement......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

She has got about as much tact as an ageing, newly escaped Alpha nun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Has no idea how to interview people. She's a twit.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Fúck all that, she doesn't even like Radiohead.

A true monster :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭some random drunk

When interviewing the wife of the Suffolk strangler "6 murders in 5 weeks - do you think that if you had had a better sex life, he might not have murdered the women?"

I thought you were making that up until I found the clip on youtube.

• Advertisement

jpfahy wrote: »
    I remember watching 9-11 as it happened and she was in the chair. She kept repeating "this is one of the worst ever terrorist attacks", talk about understatement......

Eh, understatement isn't something I would accuse her of. As far as I can remember one of her quotes after a break on 9/11 was "If you're just joining us the entire Eastern seaboard of the United States has been decimated by a terrorist attack."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

one of the few things she didn't argue when it was put to her, is that she is dim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I remember watching her trying to flirt with Brendan O' Connor on The Saturday Night Show a couple of years ago. He was not impressed, handled the situation very well in fairness, and she came across as looking like the complete idiot that she obviously is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

I remember watching her trying to flirt with Brendan O' Connor on The Saturday Night Show a couple of years ago. He was not impressed, handled the situation very well in fairness, and she came across as looking like the complete idiot that she obviously is.

*Shudder*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

In this case, it was definitely HIM I felt sorry for.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Is this the same Kay Burley who has delusions of being a writer? Last year she released a novel, First Ladies, which had the Guardian reviewer a little perplexed:
    It's like Bridget Jones in reverse: instead of a catalogue of ineptitude and mishappenstance that leaves you thinking "it can't have been that bad", it is a catalogue of triumph and sexual wizardry that leaves you thinking "it can't have been that good".Incidentally, the acknowledgments also thank Bertie Ahern, the former Taoiseach, "for his guidance on Irish politics". I know, it's a baffler. There was no reference to Irish politics that Wikipedia couldn't have guided a person through.
    Nope, I have thought it through: there is no such thing as namedropping in a book like this. It's actually product placement. La Senza paid big, and are rewarded with a walk-on in almost every sex scene, despite the fact that if you were just about to shag the prime minister, you would almost certainly loosen the purse strings a bit (is Agent Provocateur too much to ask, ladies? I mean, I know I'm not Barack Obama, but I deserve more than a polyester teddy.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Rachel Riley for me please.

Oh lordy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I wouldn't have answered any more of her questions.

http://www.thefword.org.uk/blog/2008/02/sack_kay_burley

Kay Burley Rides Again!

The amazing story of Kay Burley’s on-air absurdities continues!

Back in May, after her astonishing attack on a voting reform campaigner during an interview, Iain M Hepburn documented a list of the presenter’s total screw-ups.

They demand to be read, which they can be, here.

This lady - who was forced to apologise on-air after describing an Ash Wednesday cross on Joe Biden’s head as a “large bruise”, who once said “the entire eastern seaboard of the United States has been decimated by a terrorist attack”, and who really, really did say to the wife of Ipswich ripper Steve Wright “do you think, if you’d had a better sex life, he wouldn’t have done this?” - nearly surpassed herself when, a few weeks ago, she interviewed Chris Bryant MP equipped with an exceptional degree of ignorance.

Bryant was very polite in telling her, on air, that she was a bit dim. The accusation was justified, as you’ll see from the clip here.

Bryant wrote about the episode for The Independent, here.

But I think the Sky anchor has surpassed herself, if not in ignorance, then in her disgustingly patronising tone when talking to Tory hero Harry Beckhough after he was introduced at their conference.

Guido has produced a transcript of a key section here.

But I really do insist you listen to the whole chat, which can be found here.

If you are not shocked at her tone of voice in speaking to a man born in 1914 – she thinks it charming, for example, to remind him he didn’t have 24-hr news in his day – then I’m surprised.

Maybe, instead, you’ll be shocked to discover that she genuinely does appear to think that “Stafford Cripps” was the name of a regiment in which he fought.

Almost beyond parody, and having got the date of his birth muddled, she asks:

KB “You fought for the Stafford… Cripps, was it?”

HB “I didn’t fight for him, I fought against him”

KB “Did you…?”

The last of those words are uttered in the tone of a middle-aged mother appeasing a difficult toddler.

The best bit comes at the end, where she says: “I wonder, what it’s like being interviewed on live telly. You ever had that happen to you before?”. And he says “Yes”, explains where he’s been interviewed, and then she congratulates him on having been interviewed on Sky specifically.

Forget that it’s shockingly bad journalism.

Even those who propagandize on behalf of her organisation should have the decency to admit: it is rude, from first second to last.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

A dim and spiteful woman. I'd still tear her panties down and give her a fierce going over.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Rachel Riley for me please.

Oh lordy.
    In-****ing-deed. Yes please.

Although, when googling for topless photos of the lovely Rachel, it's highly advisable not to mix her up with the similarly-named, Lisa Riley, formerly of Emmerdale fame.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Biggins wrote: »
    Sky news.
    They are what they try to be - oft time cheap tabloidism in moving media wallpaper format
    Enough said.
    fyp

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

She's back Again doing what she does best.

Another great clip.

Completely inept anchorwoman. Still a bit of a MILF.

No chance. She must've spent a fortune on that mush??? Ugly cow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Has she had more plastic surgery on her face?
    Her face appears less expressive than normal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I remember her nearly combust with "excitement" when Middleton was about to drop her chavvy. "The world looks on". Eh. no it doesnt love. She's a moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

It would be great if she was walking along doing an interview and fell down a man hole that was never ending.

They've sent her on a thirteen hour plane excursion to Kuala Lumpur.
    The Malays must express their appreciation of her..or else

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

She absolutely hates her job. All these hot new reporters coming in. I'd say she feels a lot of pressure and might just quit in the near future. I can't stand her personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

snubbleste wrote: »
    Has she had more plastic surgery on her face?
    Her face appears less expressive than normal

I noticed that yesterday deffo a bit of botox in her forehead and cheeks

Advertisement