Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SANTA STRIKE FORCE 2014! PLEASE DONATE AND SHARE!!!! :)

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yeah only the transactions that were made on dec 1st before 3pm were affected (exactly a month ago). All others have been confirmed.

I have been keeping an eye on the back account so thats fine too.

I've contacted everyone who reported the problem on this thread by PM too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

thanks. mine has gone through now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

Mine resubmitted

Transaction ID #*****42982M

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yep, apparently they all got sorted. Jaysis... just what I didn't need after NYE's night! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Resubmitted the one that didn't go through. €20 transaction ID ends in 4414.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Ruu wrote: »
    Resubmitted the one that didn't go through. €20 transaction ID ends in 4414.

Same here transaction ending.....2746

Happy New Year to all but especially the main players in this venture. Amazing generoisity not just financially. May 2015 bring you health, happiness and prosperity

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

kenco wrote: »
    Same here transaction ending.....2746

Happy New Year to all but especially the main players in this venture. Amazing generoisity not just financially. May 2015 bring you health, happiness and prosperity

I think everyone who donated is a main player tbh, doesn't matter how big or small the donation! Well done to all, it's great to see!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

€30 sent via PayPal. Happy New Year everyone :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Think I need to redo mine after the mix up, I'll sort it later :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Re-sent my initial donation as it was returned.

Is there any chance Whoopsy's donation for my name change didn't go through? :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

No only transactions for the first half of Dec 1st were affected I'm afraid :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Beasty wrote: »
    Total €2,500 from me so I'll call it a (XMas) day there

€250 donated, as promised, albeit a little late.

Sometime this week or early next week (when I'm not literally typing this from my sick bed) I will do up a total for 2014... donations aren't closing or anything, in fact they never close :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

DeVore wrote: »
    Sometime this week or early next week (when I'm not literally typing this from my sick bed) I will do up a total for 2014... donations aren't closing or anything, in fact they never close :)

9677.61 from "in-thread" pledges, if that helps.

(not including people who said they pledged but didn't say how much.... obviously...)

In the end of the day, its cash-in-bank that is the most interesting number and also people donate directly to the bank account as well as events like the Comedy Night.

Hopefully I will be able to break down a figure for AH alone but it should easily exceed 10k for the thread on its own. Merry Xmas everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭aidanathome

Everyday for the past 3 weeks I've seen the updates to the thread, and everyday I said I'd do it tomorrow.

€50 finally done via paypal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Well done, Tom. Happy New Year.
    kincsem

• Registered Users Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Sorry I'm late this year and that it's so little but I'm just back from holidays: €20 just sent via Paypal, Transaction ID: 6M778126CB964851E

So, I've just done the totals and while there is some flow in and out because of existing projects I'm still supporting from last years collection (like Bumbleance)... this years collection raised a whopping 12,500 euros and our account now stands at 17,000 for the next year (we have some commitments to come out of that, like the delayed project with Liams Lodge and awaiting garden planning permission for Don Bosco's house).

So, now the work begins of finding and funding projects for this money! If anyone has recommendations please forward them to me or post them here. Our only restrictions are:

1. We don't do specific gifts for specific kids. It needs to be a general purpose project with access for as many kids as possible.

2. Generally that means a residential area for the gift/project to reside.

3. We don't do medical equipment... we've occasionally done things like "sensory rooms" and occupational Lego rooms, which blur the line between "medical" and "life-improvement" but we don't do dialysis machines or something like that.

4. Its aimed at kids or young adults. We've kinda stretched that to late teens/early 20s in the past but predominantly its what most people would term "kids"

5. Registered charities only, we don't support one-off events or fund-raising drives... we generally fund things that are going to be around for the year so that every kid that passes through gets the most benefit from something "infrastructural". This is based on a "most good for the most kids" philosophy.

So, those are the boundaries... pretty broad I think! if you know of any that fit it DO let me know, because its crazy how hard it is to give this money away in projects (some charities are pretty blunt about just wanting a cheque and we DONT do that). Its also hard to find residential charities which is why BarretsTown and Bumbleance are such good targets for us.

Anyway.... CONGRATS ALL and Merry Christmas!! Well done to everyone who contributed and who cajoled others to and who spread the word!

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

€50 sent via Paypal.

Congrats all, that's a huge figure. Looking forward to seeing it put to use. Hope we're kept updated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Who stripped this year?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Neeson wrote: »
    Who stripped this year?

They stripped my dignity with this username

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

They stripped my dignity with this username

Don't lie, you suggested it yourself in the mod forum :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭CJ Haughey

It twenty 15 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

You probably want to keep this inside Ireland. My favourite charity is World Bicycle Relief http://www.worldbicyclerelief.org/
    It is $134 for one bicycle. When I win on the horses I buy one, and at Christmas. This Christmas a generous donor matched contributions to $1 million so I got to gift two bicycles for one contribution.
    (My excuse is I worked in Africa and I have four bicycles :o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

The children's heart centre in Crumlin could probably use some things like new dvd players or baby equipment. The play therapist Olivia would be over the moon with any donation.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Temple Street has a CF ward that could probably do with some new stuff, the toys and things they had were looking a bit threadbare when my cousin was an inpatient earlier in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Simply Wonderful xx

Following on from my thread here I am finally getting my act together on the movement of monies :)

Donated 400euros just there reference '*Dads' name* / kerry4sam :) xx' transaction ID ending in 4304J

Lotsa Love Santa Strike Force,
    kerry4sam

So having put on at least a fighting show during the xmas and new year, my immune system caved in the face of... wait for it... H3N2. :eek:

So, after having a 10 second freak-out... the docs told me its a mutated influenza virus that's doing the rounds. Allow me to suggest something... do NOT get it. Its a solid 2 weeks and I'm only now back on my feet. But, we have our first few targets and while Santy is dragging his flu-ridden ass around late this year, hopefully we can catch up on lost time. Tbh, most charities I deal with could care less when they get their gifts, they are all just happy to get them! :)

Still looking for more suggestions... its amazing how hard it can be to give away free stuff! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement