Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car insurance renewal

Options
  • 12-06-2014 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Just got my renewal quote not a long ago. I always match it on their websites as I were a new costumer. The system came up with the same amount. I wonder any chance for getting a little bit more off the renewal quote (been with them for 1 year) or just go ahead? (They are the cheapest AFAIK) Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,326 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Ring them and say you have a better quote from xxx, see what they do. Unless you have had a claim in the past 12 months (in which case you can't move), they should bend a bit, won't cost you anything to try.

Your case is very unusual, there are dozens of threads here and in Motors where people got outrageous renewal quotes, the message as always is to shop around, including phoning your own company to see if they'll reduce it which they almost always will.

Advertisement