Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

bluewolf wrote: »
    i've never tried one of those jagerbombs, though i have no interest in "racing" them...

Racing can be fun but expensive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Pembily wrote: »
    Racing can be fun but expensive!

And if you don't drop the shot in and knock it back, it's not even a Jagerbomb, it's a Flying Stag apparently.

There's one drink that I swear, I will never drink again despite only having one. It's called a Carbomb. Worst thing I've ever had the misfortune of tasting.

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    And if you don't drop the shot in and knock it back, it's not even a Jagerbomb, it's a Flying Stag apparently.

There's one drink that I swear, I will never drink again despite only having one. It's called a Carbomb. Worst thing I've ever had the misfortune of tasting.

Huh? You drink the Jaeger shot and then the red bull? :confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Pem can you PM me your flapjack receipe? I bought some cheap oats and some dried fruit so wanna make them tomorrow :D

Just back from a 3.6km run. Could have kept going but my sis is en route for tea!

Huh? You drink the Jaeger shot and then the red bull? :confused:

haha, no. I drop the shot in and knock it back. But apparently if you just mix the Jager in with the Red Bull and drink it like a normal drink, rather than downing it, it's called a Flying Stag.

• Advertisement

haha, no. I drop the shot in and knock it back. But apparently if you just mix the Jager in with the Red Bull and drink it like a normal drink, rather than downing it, it's called a Flying Stag.

Used to drink them too, I like them too :)

D I am having unhealthy M&S flapjacks :rolleyes: But yes I will message the healthy recipe to you :)

Used to drink them too, I like them too :)

D I am having unhealthy M&S flapjacks :rolleyes: But yes I will message the healthy recipe to you :)

If I'm able to get out on Friday, we should race a bomb. ;) I've heard about your drinking skills!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

If I'm able to get out on Friday, we should race a bomb. ;) I've heard about your drinking skills!

I reckon I could kick both of ye're asses at downing a jagerbomb (if someone else is buying :P)

I am zorbing on Saturday, not a fooking hope! I do not want to puke on myself while zorbing, Daisies is planning enough bad photos of me!
    Daisies wrote: »
    I reckon I could kick both of ye're asses at downing a jagerbomb (if someone else is buying :P)

Next time it's on :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭deisedude

Huge in America. It curdles which makes it horrible. Although after the day I've had in work i'd gladly drink anything right now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

cade wrote: »
    Hermione* wrote: »
    <3 Disney. Yes, yes I is child :o

Nothing worng with that. I love animation too, though I've yet to meet anyone who would rate Basil the Great Mouse Detective as highly as I do. Actually, I've had to listen to my work buddies telling me how great Toy Story 3 is so I may look into picking up a box set. It's been years since I last watched the first, which I'd still rate as the best Disney Pixar film, so that'll definitely be a night well spent.

I believe there are a few moments in life that people always remember and I'd say that your first own sofa is one of them, love mine though it's covered in work shirts at the moment. Fits perfectly in my room though I'd to carry it up a ladder onto the roof to get it in the window of my room as I incorrectly measured the size of the staircase :D

G'Afternoon all by the way, on a late lunch at the mo, I just want to be lazy today but I'm too stubborn not to force myself to go running later :)
    I am actually thinking of taking myself to see Beauty and the Beast at the weekend :D
    My sofa rocks - it's petrol blue leather and sooo comfy!
    Maguined wrote: »
    bluewolf wrote: »
    i've never tried one of those jagerbombs, though i have no interest in "racing" them...

It's so disgusting the quicker you can get it down the hatch the better to be honest.

Red bull is vile, jaeger is vile, putting the two together is totally vile.
    QFT. Fecking hate jagerbombs. Sambucca ftw.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

God TP, that's old news now, you really are showing your age now as you can't even keep up with the thread :pac:

OI!!!

I'm barely on here these days.. too busy doing some work unlike you.. :pac:

deisedude wrote: »
    Huge in America. It curdles which makes it horrible. Although after the day I've had in work i'd gladly drink anything right now!

Eeekk, that bad? Did your computer spontaneously combust?

Oh zorbing can'r wait! I wonder will we get soaked? Hmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Ohmygod so tired...
    Maguined wrote: »
    Could be worse though, I hate it when women call me "chicken" even in a familiar nice way, it's like nails going down a blackboard to me.

*adds to list*
    awec wrote: »
    Me and you could very quickly become mortal enemies Kitten. :P

Nah, I'm too loveable. :P

I miss Otis too. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

! I only really drink red bull with Jager, when I'm racing Jagerbombs. Still want to find someone who can beat me at that, the person who manages to beat me at that will get a free drink from me!

BRING IT ON!!!

Sambucca and 7up is lovely :D I tend to drink anything, also much to Hermi's disgust I love Westcoat Cooler and JD!
    ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    OI!!!

I'm barely on here these days.. too busy doing some work unlike you.. :pac:
    It's 17:22, not working and Otis closed his account over the WEEKEND, when I am not normally working!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I wonder will we get soaked? Hmmm

:D

zorbing sounds funny wouldnt want to be doing that after drinking though pemb is right :D

BRING IT ON!!!

Jaegerbomb racing at next beers! I have managed 10!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Lynda did you say before that you made pizzas for a living?
    Or am I thinking of someone else.......?
    Who was that?

Sauve wrote: »
    Lynda did you say before that you made pizzas for a living?
    Or am I thinking of someone else.......?
    Who was that?

Yes, I do. Not going to say where for obvious reasons. Thankfully, I'll be back in college soon, so I can make something of myself instead of wasting the qualifications I already have. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,331 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Yes, I do. Not going to say where for obvious reasons. Thankfully, I'll be back in college soon, so I can make something of myself instead of wasting the qualifications I already have. :pac:
    Oh what are you qualified in already? What are you going back to do?
    awec wrote: »
    10?!

You put me to shame Pem, you really do. :o
    Well we learned that the night I downed your drink while you sipped it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Sambucca and 7up is lovely :D I tend to drink anything, also much to Hermi's disgust I love Westcoat Cooler and JD!
    Oh, I drink it neat Pem. Most minerals are too sweet for me. This is why I'm a G&T girl ;pac :

Oh what are you qualified in already? What are you going back to do?

Well we learned that the night I downed your drink while you sipped it :P

Science and acting. I have a diploma in Science, had to drop out of my degree course to become my mum's carer. Been doing acting since I was a kid, all the exams and that stuff done. I'm going back to do IT, then when I qualify in that, I'll fund my way through a Psychology course because I eventually want to be a cognitive behavioural therapist! :)

Pem sounds like a crazy drinker. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭deisedude

Eeekk, that bad? Did your computer spontaneously combust?

Oh zorbing can'r wait! I wonder will we get soaked? Hmmm

Not quite. Office politics bleh :(

Science and acting. I have a diploma in Science, had to drop out of my degree course to become my mum's carer. Been doing acting since I was a kid, all the exams and that stuff done. I'm going back to do IT, then when I qualify in that, I'll fund my way through a Psychology course because I eventually want to be a cognitive behavioural therapist! :)

Pem sounds like a crazy drinker. :pac:

Would it not be better to just do the psychology course? What will IT give you? I love science :D

I was for a while!

Would it not be better to just do the psychology course? What will IT give you? I love science :D

I was for a while!

Yeah, it'd be much better, but you have to do personal therapy before you qualify, and I can't afford that til I'm in a better paying job, so IT it is! :pac: I love Science, but I couldn't see myself working in it. Genetics was always my favourite, organic chem was my worst.

Yeah, it'd be much better, but you have to do personal therapy before you qualify, and I can't afford that til I'm in a better paying job, so IT it is! :pac: I love Science, but I couldn't see myself working in it. Genetics was always my favourite, organic chem was my worst.

So you are doing an IT degree to make lots of money to study something else :confused:

So you are doing an IT degree to make lots of money to study something else :confused:

Basically I'm doing IT because I have a genuine interest in it and always have, but Psychology is the thing I want to eventually do. I don't want lots of money, but to study Psychology, I need a steady job, and IT is a steady sector to work in at the moment. It's a means to an end tbh.

That said, I could love it and never do psychology in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Man-perfume bought for grandfathers birthday, I'm so organised :cool:

who knows what life will bring, lynda :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement