Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've been avoiding this....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭madon

Hopefully I will shazkea- I'd love to for the boyne 10k since its a local race but unless I can really pull it out of the bag on the day I think 52 will be more realistic aim. The end of the summer I'll get it under 50!
    Hopefully you're getting on great in Star of the Sea- I used to run with them when I was a teen -I probably still have what would be now a retro signet in my mothers attic!
    More resistance training today then:p 6.15 miles with 6 up hill intervals in the middle with 150 yard approx sprints (my sprints!!) Was meant to go out yesterday but bottled it with the weather! So tried to get a bit of everything into this run! Felt great too- probably the few days rest, if today had to have been a race day I would have been in great running form!

6.3 miles ran for an hour- kind of tempoish style run but wit the wind still strong the fastest I got was around 8.30.

5.3 Not much of a run- it was supposed to be a lsr but the wind is too string- I ended up telling the dog to pull me to get me moving into the wind:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

madon wrote: »
    unless I can really pull it out of the bag on the day I think 52 will be more realistic aim. The end of the summer I'll get it under 50!

Madon...this is exactly the position i'm in. My current PB is 54.00 (Boyne 10k 2010) and nearest time to it since was 56.27 last July...i have being doing the hills & intervals for the last few months so should realistically get the 52, sub 50 would be the dream....but will hopefully get that by end of 2012!!!
    Maybe we should pace each other!!!!;)

Younganne wrote: »
    Madon...this is exactly the position i'm in. My current PB is 54.00 (Boyne 10k 2010) and nearest time to it since was 56.27 last July...i have being doing the hills & intervals for the last few months so should realistically get the 52, sub 50 would be the dream....but will hopefully get that by end of 2012!!!
    Maybe we should pace each other!!!!;)

LOL- extra pressure! I reckon you can well do under 50- you're running great if I'm aiming 52 you should do sub 50:)

Today ran 6 mile, got stopped on the way back by an old man who called me 'one tough fit woman' I laughed all the way home!

• Advertisement

Its great what people say to us sometimes......i'm always stopped for directions and then every time they offer me a lift:eek: and then laugh

2.74- Was just to get out and loosen the legs out, life got in the way the past few days do I hadn't even thought about running. Had stitch and a big heavy feeling in my stomach today but it probably had a lot to do with the:o big mac meal:o I had for dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭meathcountysec

Good luck tomorrow.

54.58:( gutted. I felt crap at the start- mouth was really dry and I couldn't get my breathing sorted but once I got water around 4k I was fine- nerves settled and I really thought i was running great Hit half way at 31 minutes and I felt that I ran the second half so much better- I knew I was nowhere near 50 or even 52 but I thought I'd get in under 53. My garmin is playing up and not holding the charge and switched off at 5.73 miles time was 49.01 minutes- I ran the last stretch very fast I powered up the hill, so, as much as I know the chip time is accurate I just don't know where it went wrong:confused:
    I'm not one for throwing personnel things in as a reason but we lost someone very close very unexpected during the week so it seems trivial to be disappointed that I didn't run a minute or so faster when I should be happy that i'm out there doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

54.58:( gutted. I felt crap at the start- mouth was really dry and I couldn't get my breathing sorted but once I got water around 4k I was fine- nerves settled and I really thought i was running great Hit half way at 31 minutes and I felt that I ran the second half so much better- I knew I was nowhere near 50 or even 52 but I thought I'd get in under 53. My garmin is playing up and not holding the charge and switched off at 5.73 miles time was 49.01 minutes- I ran the last stretch very fast I powered up the hill, so, as much as I know the chip time is accurate I just don't know where it went wrong:confused:
    I'm not one for throwing personnel things in as a reason but we lost someone very close very unexpected during the week so it seems trivial to be disappointed that I didn't run a minute or so faster when I should be happy that i'm out there doing it.
    Sometimes our heads and hearts are just not in it.... its a reason not an excuse :). Put it behind you plenty of other races to come and any way that was a bit*h of a hill at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Stress can definitely affect performance, even when you think you've got it all sorted out. Real life reminders like losing someone also help to put things in perspective, so that means run because you enjoy it and appreciate the positives you derive from training/racing/sharing, and remember that a PB is not the only yardstick to measure improvement by. You did great just being out there. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Onwards and upwards Madon :cool:
    you'll get there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

+1 on what the guys said. In the grand scheme of things it's one race which you'll forget about in no time. Hope you're doing ok.

ah Madon, sorry the race didn't go to plan for you...fair paly for getting to the start line. Sorry to hear about the Bereavement, this would definitely have affected you. Head up and the next one will be waiting for you.

Next time give me a shout out and we'll definitely get to chat...at lease it wasn;t uis that caused the traffic jam:eek:, bit of a mess the start wasn't it...but sure thats Irish racing for you.

Thanks for the encouraging words- the week that was in probably did effect the run when I thought the run would be a way of getting it out of my mind for an hour or two.
    There is something wrong with the time too, my gross and net are the same, my bro- in law who I started with has over 50 secs difference between his and a girl I know that started in front of me and I came in in front of has a quicker time so my chip most not have registered at the start line. Sure such a bad race might make me more determined on the next 10k:)

Today I went for a recovery jog- I noticed looking over some pics of Sundays race that my body was always twisted to the side so I became vry aware of this on todays run- I tried to keep myself faced forward and found it very difficult! Going down hill I especially noticed my body twisting side to side. I'm going to have to really concentrate on this now. Besides that I have a little niggle on my hip- that proves to me I did put effort in on Sunday. The niggle loosened up as the run went on. I'll ice and tiger balm it tonight though.
    I don't know what to do know! I'll just take things easy this week and see what the next move is- I'm still determined to get below 50 this year but I have to find a race to do it.

Today 4.85 miles plus Sundays 6.21=356.84

6.68 miles- nice and slow i'm still a bit stiff- just on my right side though:D
    I can feel it running from my neck to my ankle so I'd say the muscles in my hip is just pulling my right side all out of place. The run eases a lot of it. Was one of those runs that reminds me why i keep running and don't jack it in:)
    Miles this year 363.52

hi Madon, trip for a physio or sport rub probably need to sort that out...in my experience the longer you leave it, the worst it will get...my IT bands are in bits because i kept meaning to get them sorted..:)

hi Madon, trip for a physio or sport rub probably need to sort that out...in my experience the longer you leave it, the worst it will get...my IT bands are in bits because i kept meaning to get them sorted..:)

I know, I know:) my OH keeps getting onto me too:D It goes after a few days (like this morning) so I put it on the long finger. I'm afraid of how many sessions I'll need to sort me out:eek:

4.74 miles tonight- Stopped and started a good bit- met the family in the middle of the run, had a packet of randoms and continued on. I wanted a nice run before a few Coronas and thats what I got!
    Miles this year 368.26

6.25- no plan still for the minute- there is a 10k in the village on the 1st of July and I'd like to do the Tu;ferris 10mile if I can get a babysitter, if I can get Julys 10k in 52 mins I might like running 10k again but for the minute i'm gone off the idea of trying to get below 50!

• Advertisement

4.4 mile slowly, the wind is very strong (again:rolleyes:)!
    Been very bold this week and haven't ran too much but the rest is probably doing me good and since I have no plans for any target type races in the immediate future I might as well take the break!

3.1mile- Was a 5k canicross race in, was on trail too. We had a ball and won a bag of dog food and a brilliant goody bag! Really enjoyed this as did my running partner! Time was 26.32.

7.15 miles nice and slow, was a lovely evening beach was gorgeous nice warm breeze! I felt slightly sluggish but it kept me slow!

5 mile this evening- didn't time it or watch my pace but it could have been classed as a tempo.

3.5 miles- was planning to go a little further (maybe the 5.75 I need to bring me to 400 miles this year!) but I was a mile in when I realised that my back was a lot more sun burned than I thought! I should really have put on sun cream before I started painting the fences today. I fought with myself over what to do and decided better safe than sorry. Kept it about 10 min mile.

4 miles last night- I went out on Sunday and felt dizzy after a mile so stopped the run.
    Haven't been getting out much- I think this is the way it'll be for the summer:rolleyes:
    I'm going to keep myself ticking over try keep myself either running4/5 times a week at about 20 miles until the middle of June and then start HH half marathon programme again. I think I need to concentrate on one or the other (10k under 50 or half under 2 hour) and I'd prefer to concentrate on the half. Then seriously think about a Spring marathon:eek:

Another 4 miles- just ticking over:D

Another 4 miles- just ticking over:D

Well done on reaching the 400+

Do you know that Ecoli post a weekly training plan on here, if you wanted to follow it. The training is aimed at the min at the 10k in Dunshaughlin on June 23rd. After that he will be posting a weekly plan for the Dublin marathon :D

Well done on reaching the 400+

Do you know that Ecoli post a weekly training plan on here, if you wanted to follow it. The training is aimed at the min at the 10k in Dunshaughlin on June 23rd. After that he will be posting a weekly plan for the Dublin marathon :D

Thanks Anne- I'm going to give it another week or so of doing very little, I'm going to start HH half marathon plan again mid June- thats giving me an extra week or so in case I don't get out when on holidays!
    I'll have a look at some marathon plans in the mean time to see what I need to commit but the summer months is going to be tough trying to get out for runs as it is. I might leave the marathon until Spring, I seem to have more time to run in the winter.
    Last night 4 painful miles- it was very warm and I ran too soon after dinner.

• Advertisement

3.5 miles tonight- was hoping for a little further but i left it too late to go out and the tide was full in.

Advertisement