Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lack of options for Dunkel

Options
  • 16-05-2015 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭

I mostly drink Weihenstephaner Dunkel it's a very nice dunkel but a change would be nice. Drinkstore only seem to do eirdinger redmonds do weihne and eirdinger

Anyone know of any other off licenes around the country offering any other nice Dunkels?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,867 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Try Martins in Fairview, Dublin 3... they have online store also.
    http://www.martinsofflicence.ie

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Slightly off-topic, but I wish O'Hara's had bottled their Dunkel this year. It was my favourite of all the beers I sampled at 2 festivals in the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

limnam wrote:
    I mostly drink Weihenstephaner Dunkel it's a very nice dunkel but a change would be nice. Drinkstore only seem to do eirdinger redmonds do weihne and eirdinger

Are you looking for another wheat Dunkel or lager dunkel?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

oblivious wrote: »
    Are you looking for another wheat Dunkel or lager dunkel?

wheat mostly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Aventinus tap 6 schneider weisse is the classic dopple wheat bock. I would second carlows dunkel it was very good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,829 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

actually, regular Schneider (tap 7) is a Dunkel too so should be easy enough to find.
    Drinkstore has Unertl Dunkel. Not a fan of their beer but others swear by them, and they only brew weissbier so they must be doing something right
    http://www.drinkstore.ie/UNERTL-URSUD-DUNKLES-500ML-18001/

Advertisement