Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Golf Society Outing - Dundrum House Hotel Golf & Leisure Resort 23rd May

Options
  • 08-05-2015 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭

Well it was a few years ago now when a few lads from the golf forum got together and formed the Society. Fair play and congratulations to all you guys involved, you did a great job and just look at how popular the society has become as a result of all your hard work during the years. So it is time to return home and back to the venue of the very first Boards outing at Dundrum. It was before my time so I for one am really looking forward to this one as it is a course I've never played before.

Another great turnout is expected in just over 2 weeks time so make sure you guys are hitting the range and on top of your game, as the competition is starting to heat up for the coveted prizes and the bragging rights of hard fought GOTY points. Tee times from 11:20 AM and as usual we will get a time sheet out beforehand. Leave a message here or drop me a PM if you have any requests. The rate will remain great value @ €35 for members & €40 for visitors. If you are not yet a member, you can still sign up, it's €30 for the year. Prizes galore and as usual if you hang around after there will be a few picky outs for anyone not in the winners enclosure.

If you haven't spotted it already, we are going to organise some embroidered Polo t-shirts for the society so hopefully I will have some information on them by then and be in a position to take orders. Again, I will take deposits on the day for Captains night hotel and if I have a prize belonging to you from last time, don't forget to ask me for it.

Teamer messages being released shortly, so please accept or decline as appropriate.

A few of you got lost the last time, so make sure you get the directions right before you head off :D so Here are the directions to the Golf Club

Club Website

Can't wait :)
    the-main-house.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Best of luck lads, have a stag on that weekend so won't be around. Great to see it going back to the home of the first outing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

Cant make this one unfortunately, but it be a great day as always. A bit gutted to be missing it to be honest, as I'm really enjoying the boards society! great work by the board keep it up lads.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Where it all began
    Thanks Keano and everyone else involved in getting things up and runing and keeping them going so well for so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Who won that 1st event ???

Who won that 1st event ???

think it was yer man who did up the Logo to get embroidered onto the Polo shirts ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Seve OB wrote: »
    think it was yer man who did up the Logo to get embroidered onto the Polo shirts ;)

Touché!!!

I have accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,742 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Funny how many of the guys involved in golf and forum at that time - not around any more.

The internet has a shelf life - and many here way past their sell by date :P:D:p:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Funny how many of the guys involved in golf and forum at that time - not around any more.

The internet has a shelf life - and many here way past their sell by date :P:D:p:o

you don't need the internet to be way past your sell by date :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Never played here before, managed to miss all outings here so far!! Looking forward to it though.
    I'll be traveling from athlone if anyone wants to car pool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

For me this course is a must. Every hole is totally different. One of my favourites and I'm going to miss it as well. Enjoy everyone, the 11th looks like something from Augusta.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

charlieIRL wrote:
    Never played here before, managed to miss all outings here so far!! Looking forward to it though. I'll be traveling from athlone if anyone wants to car pool.

I'll be only delighted to provide entertainment for the journey :)

shaunac93 wrote: »
    I'll be only delighted to provide entertainment for the journey :)

I thought you got rid of that pole in the jeep Cathal

I thought you got rid of that pole in the jeep Cathal

Deeply offended by that sexist comment!! expected more form the Captain.

change of plan charlie looks like I wont be attending anymore boards outings!

LOL luckily I can take a joke :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Never played here before, managed to miss all outings here so far!! Looking forward to it though.
    I'll be traveling from athlone if anyone wants to car pool.

Bags front seat.

SHOTGUN!

Rikand wrote: »
    Bags front seat.

SHOTGUN!

Not a chance!! Shaunas better at directions and wont fall asleep!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Unfortunately I'm gonna miss this one lads. Clashing with a family get together that I can't duck out of.

Never played here & was looking forward to it

Seve, I'm still in the market for a boards tee shirt. Reckon I'm a similar enough size to yourself, so stick me down for whatever you're going for.

Will sort you out with cash for that & deposit for captains at the following outing.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭recycled

Unfortunately I'm gonna miss this one lads. Clashing with a family get together that I can't duck out of.

Never played here & was looking forward to it

Seve, I'm still in the market for a boards tee shirt. Reckon I'm a similar enough size to yourself, so stick me down for whatever you're going for.

Will sort you out with cash for that & deposit for captains at the following outing.

I was looking forward to the company teeing up again, enjoyed the last day, maybe next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

recycled wrote: »
    I was looking forward to the company teeing up again, enjoyed the last day, maybe next time.

Thanks recycled, was looking forward to my guided tour round the course.

Will catch you at the next one

guys I have a timesheet done but after the last time I'm not posting it yet :) :rolleyes:
    if anyone wants to make a request please do so asap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Macker1

guys I have a timesheet done but after the last time I'm not posting it yet :) :rolleyes:

Myself and TheChamp26 will be arriving down together so would appreciate a mid to late slot.

Macker1 wrote: »
    Myself and TheChamp26 will be arriving down together so would appreciate a mid to late slot.

Myself, Rikand and Shauna should be travelling together as well. If athlone99 is travelling from home he'll be with us as well.

Myself, Rikand and Shauna should be travelling together as well. If athlone99 is travelling from home he'll be with us as well.

Think Seve may have got the message the first time :P but sure you alway like too be dramatic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,742 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Myself and golfgraffix car sharing.

So Would be great if playing near each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

Sorry Seve but I'm going to have to withdraw from this. I'll be on call next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dwd

Lads, I'm heading down from Walkinstown direction in Dublin, if anyone wants to car pool just let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 johnny_cahill

Stephen could you be kind enough to team Peter pistol Walsh with myself and who ever as I'm driving us two down
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dwd

Actually, if I could get out early that would be great. cheers

no probs guys, have all that sorted.. will post the timesheet later on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭princess poppy

Anybody passing by kill or naas with room for one? Am still having car trouble

Advertisement