Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Dearly departed....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Can't picture her as an 82 year old. This has been a nasty old year for the arts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Sorry to hear about Andrew Sach's death. We won't forget him for giving us Manuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭garancafan

cml387 wrote: »
    Funnily enough I thought he'd toddled off a while ago.

"What's the recipe today, Jim?"
    RAYMUNDO it was who used to "leap through the window" and utter those immortal words. As happens, it just came to me out of the blue - my sub-sub-subconscious was clearly working on it since cml87's post.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

funniest episode ??

https://vimeo.com/180918320

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

A Desert Island Discs program from a couple of years ago (1980)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p009mw07

He had quite a highbrow taste in music. Can't say I read any of William Trevor's work though I do believe a had a book of short stories of his around here somewhere at some stage.

John Glenn has passed away at the ripe old age of 95. What a guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Coral Atkins 80 Actress.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Zsa Zsa Gabor. Almost made the hundred, bless her. An old style star. Somehow the Kardashians are not in the same league, darling.

"I call everyone 'Darling' because I can't remember their names."

• Advertisement

Aah! Poor Darlink! She was gorgeous.!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭garancafan

Aah Zsa Zsa. "I am a vunderful housekeeper. I haf been divorced eight times but I haf always kept ze house".

George Michael, only 53, RIP....

It appears Status Quo have finally died this Christmas with the sad passing of Rick Parfitt. RIP

Ah here lads, what's up at all, 2016 isn't done yet:

George S. Irving, 94 Actor.

Liz Smith, 95 Actress,

Will someone f**kin hide Neil Diomand for a few days please....

And throw a blanket over Brian Wilson, Aretha Franklin, Al Jardine, Paul Simon, Art Garfunkle, Charlie Watts, David Crosby, Mike Love, Eric Burdon, Don Everly, Phil Lesh and Garth Hudson please,....

If really needs be we could tie Jerry Lee Lewis, or Jagger, Dillon and McCarthny out front, we all know they are immortal anyway....

Watership Down author Richard Adams dies aged 96

Carrie Fisher aged 60

Whoever is up there deciding this sort of thing needs a serious talking to this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

2016 reads like a new novel by George RR Martin.

Glad I'm not famous and still here...

It has been a nasty year for certain

Ok, I'll do it then......Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds. Only two more days to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Astronaut Eugene Cernan, the last man to walk on the Moon, has died at the age of 82.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

Mary Tyler Moore.

Youtube allows you to see what a legacy she leaves, to television in general and particularly for the advancement of women in the media.

And no one noticed the passing of Gorden Kaye? Au Revoir Rene Artois!

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    And no one noticed the passing of Gorden Kaye? Au Revoir Rene Artois!

He was well able to hide the sausage......:D

Steady now. Down with that sort of thing! :D

The brilliant John Hurt passed away. RiP.
    Unforgettable performances in The Elephant Man and as 'Bird' in The Field.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/showbiz/john-hurt-dies-after-battle-with-pancreatic-cancer-774395.html

I first saw John Hurt in The Naked Civil Servant. He was a brilliant actor, he was blessed to play interesting, intriguing, amazing characters, he made me cry, he made me laugh, and he could frighten me to death!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

Peter Skellern died yesterday.

He was an officiando of 1920's and 30's type music and had a number of hits during the seventies.

I really liked his mix of choir and brass band that characterised his music, check out "Love is the sweetest thing" recorded with the Grimethorpe Colliery band.

There is no let up at all is there?

Rubecula wrote: »
    There is no let up at all is there?

The way I look at it Rube, is, it's a queue. We all have our place in the queue. Unlike most queues, this queue is one I don't want to be first in! The interesting thing about this thread is that we can care so much about complete strangers, some of whom we may not even like if we met them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

My mums favourite actor Mike Connors from Mannix passed last month, I see.

Advertisement