Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last enterprise of the year

• 16-06-2003 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭

What did you thing ?

though it was alright

although yet again we see 23-24th cen technology PHOTON TORP ANYONE?:o
    it was good to see a few starfleet ship,s and a new nx class being built:) .About time as well the enterprise was beefed up abit it was far to weak for my tast.And we see the "old" bird of prey class nice looking and reto anuff to pull it off

Anyways over all it was good anuff let,s see what next year brings till then though ROLE ON STARGATESG1! :D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

ya i enjoyed it, surprised to see 3 other star fleet vessles, but twas kewl all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I thought it was pretty good. Really looking forward to next season now. Promises to be full of action what with the military on board. Thought we might get a quick glimpse of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,853 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Was pretty good. Looks like they're going to be turning themselves around for the 3rd series (notice a lot of sci-fi shows plod along for the first 2 series, and then pick up in the 3rd). Seems like the 3rd season could be a lot darker

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Most likely, the first couple of episodes next seasons will have a lot of the military stuff in it, but then some snotty nosed alien kid joins the ship and every major character tries to teach it what it is to be human, blah blah etc.
    Star Trek always promises to offer something new, but then regresses to the status quo. Look at Voyager - two enemies forced to work together on the same ship for their own survival. After the first episode (the second episode had everyone acting like starfleet officers without complaint) only a handfull of episodes from 7 seasons dealt with this plot line.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

It was a good ep.. i missed the beginning.. walked in during opening credits but i had seen the weapon being used in an ad.

Anyway whats wrong with photon torpedos? Kirk had them and they were never said to be anything new in TOS! Though maybe they should not have made them look quite the same as the one4s in the future. Besides other races had them that appeared in Enterprise (a few eps back!).

They need some shields though!! And more use of the transporter.

One thing.. was this war with that alien species covered in any of the other Trek series? Or was it just a whole new plot line?

Oh and on the other Star Fleet ships! That threw me off a little but then i remembered that Enterprise is only the first warp 5 ship!! They have other ships!!! It sometimes seems though its the first warp ship they have though... at least we now see otherwise. Cool to see the Klingons out manovered in battle :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,853 ✭✭✭✭Stark

They need some shields though!! And more use of the transporter.

I remember them referring in TNG to the transporter being unsafe in the 22nd century, various illnesses arising from it (the one where barclay was afraid to use the transporter).

Would be cool to see this explored.

Think that alien species is a new plot line, they said the war occurred in the 26th century.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

well lad.s im somewhat looking forword to year 3 ..............THOUGH the romulan war should have started in the 3th year (i bleave 2156 - 2160 was the year,s of the rom - earth war).

The photon torps where to "normal" should have been toned down AND FUGE SAKE they looks the bulb of the tng photons they wherent even bigger :confused:.

The marines will make for more away team mission,s (about time) but lets hope it,s not "archer get cauth (again) marine,s go a recuse him (again)"

Sheild,s hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Think that would be a bit to advanced anyway the "polorised" hull does the same job as sheild,s and it play,s well to the technology their "ment" to have

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

there's been no mention of the romulan-earth war, it happened around 2160 apparently, so what's the deal with that. It's fairly substantial to just forget about something like that.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

haha i didnt see your post bizmark, yeh i saw the text about the last episode and presumed it was romulan related, imagine my surprise..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

"slap,s taz" pay attention man lol :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i thought the episode was very good even watched it twice not something i would do with enterprise often if at all, looking forward to the 3rd season it has to be said, I originally thought it was the klingons who attacked earth ah well imagine my surprise and yes i think the military will make this interesting, roll on season 3

Advertisement