Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Golf Society 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

is it too late to get involved in this guys?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

is it too late to get involved in this guys?

It's never too late ......but...... Unfortunately the last 4 events are marquee courses are heavily subsidised by the society so only members from the very start are eligible for the reduced green fee. You are most definitely welcome , as is anyone else, but the green fee will be slightly higher.

Ah ya that's no prob. I'll just make sure I'm free. How do I join? Sorry if this is available somewhere and I'm not seeing it!

Ah ya that's no prob. I'll just make sure I'm free. How do I join? Sorry if this is available somewhere and I'm not seeing it!

Send on your name, handicap, email address and phone number to either me or seve and we'll add you to the text service for the rest of the rounds.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,742 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

mafc wrote: »
    All bar two of the top 10 have attended every outing thus far so I reckon it won't be until after the Killeen Castle outing that the picture will become clearer 😜

You are right - as a top 3 has you in the mx.

But points in the bag worth more than points in the future. ;)

Well - -except your win in The Curragh.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

You are right - as a top 3 has you in the mx.

But points in the bag worth more than points in the future. ;)

Well - -except your win in The Curragh.

In hindsight I think I'd need a few more shots lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Ciaranra

Yes, I'll pay up to €10 extra
    mafc wrote: »
    In hindsight I think I'd need a few more shots lol

Already have 1 back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dwd

Yes, I've money to burn and will pay whatever it takes to play the best courses
    Just outside the top 10 now after my 2nd place at the weekend, great to see I'm back in the hunt after missing Naas and Tullamore, roll on The Curragh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Well it's not quite the Claret Jug Rory McIlroy picked up last July when he won the British Open, but The Captains Prize in September is our Major and now we have our very own Claret Jug perpetual trophy.

I must extend a very special thank you to Boards and Dav in particular, who have been very kind and generous to weigh in with some sponsorship towards this little beauty.

17476527814_d947b23e09_z.jpg

Those of you who played last weekend will have seen it up close and personal. So come September, who will be the next to have their name engraved on Our Claret Jug?????

18095651742_abd64a10f0_z.jpg

• Advertisement

OK, so I thought I'd have a little fun with this one. Every other year when the Ryder Cup is not being battled for at the end of September, The Europeans compete for the Seve Trophy. Well I thought that us golf nuts would like a little of both every September when we are winding up our very own Order of Merit, so now for the Golfer of the year, we have our very own Ryder Cup replica, The Seve OB Trophy (Complete with the engravers equivalent of a typo!:rolleyes:)
    As if points are hard enough fought for, now we might just see a royal battle on our hands by the time we get to Meath :D:p;):P:cool:

17911380190_6b810673f8_z.jpg18099138625_17f507ed7a_z.jpg

Just to clarify SeveOB - have you just named a trophy after yourself :p:D

:D

Just to clarify SeveOB - have you just named a trophy after yourself :p:D

:D

might be the only way i ever get my name on it!!!!

Seve OB wrote: »
    might be the only way i ever get my name on it!!!!

Says the man in first place. :D

No good laugh, fair play.

Says the man in first place. :D

No good laugh, fair play.

there is a long way to go yet......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Well it's not quite the Claret Jug Rory McIlroy picked up last July when he won the British Open, but The Captains Prize in September is our Major and now we have our very own Claret Jug perpetual trophy.

I must extend a very special thank you to Boards and Dav in particular, who have been very kind and generous to weigh in with some sponsorship towards this little beauty.

17476527814_d947b23e09_z.jpg

Those of you who played last weekend will have seen it up close and personal. So come September, who will be the next to have their name engraved on Our Claret Jug?????

18095651742_abd64a10f0_z.jpg

That's class Seve :D

But shouldn't I take ownership of it until September :pac::p

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ciarraiabu1977

Lads,
    looking to become involved with the society-based in the dublin area, is it too late or can i still join?

Cheers

Lads,
    looking to become involved with the society-based in the dublin area, is it too late or can i still join?

Cheers

No you can still join but as Charlie says above, there won't be any subsidy available for the marquee courses
    Drop me a PM with your name, number, email, handicap & Club and I can get you set up

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭technodub

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Alright dude, how's things?! When are you joining us for a round? Captain Seve has the reigns this year.
    Enjoy the jug, we're bringing it home this year!!!!!

Not bad mate golf is good and the jug is shiny :eek::rolleyes: I am getting used to having it on my mantle piece not gonna let go to easy! Hopefully get out with ya soon and talk over venue ideas!
    Hey there Technodub, we are all playing great golf this year. take a picture of that Jug and frame it :D

Mail sent ! Best to take it to email now if possible as i will be brutal at replying on this! What dates are the events you have left??

Updated GOTY table guys and girls. The battle is beginning to heat up now for the Jug team spots. You would think the top 5 might be secure at this stage, but with 4 rounds still to play, there is still a lot to play for, so I wouldn't be counting your chickens just yet!

18054049375_4b4b95ab84_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭technodub

Alright dude, how's things?! When are you joining us for a round? Captain Seve has the reigns this year.
    Enjoy the jug, we're bringing it home this year!!!!!

Not bad mate golf is good and the jug is shiny :eek::rolleyes: I am getting used to having it on my mantle piece not gonna let go to easy! Hopefully get out with ya soon and talk over venue ideas!
    Hey there Technodub, we are all playing great golf this year. take a picture of that Jug and frame it :D

Updated GOTY table guys and girls. The battle is beginning to heat up now for the Jug team spots. You would think the top 5 might be secure at this stage, but with 4 rounds still to play, there is still a lot to play for, so I wouldn't be counting your chickens just yet!

18054049375_4b4b95ab84_b.jpg

Mail sent ! Best to take it to email now if possible as i will be brutal at replying on this! What dates are the events you have left??

• Advertisement

Just looking at the table there, 2 of the top 10 are not playing this weekend but it will take a few strong results for them to drop to far.

Going be a good run in!!

Just looking at the table there, 2 of the top 10 are not playing this weekend but it will take a few strong results for them to drop to far.

Going be a good run in!!

I've a feeling this could be a good week for you

I've a feeling this could be a good week for you

Dunno Seve, think I might have used up my good score there!! Been doing a lot of short game practice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

Yes, I'll pay up to €5 extra
    How good does one need tobe to join the BGS?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

All levels very welcome Jake. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭bobster453

How good does one need tobe to join the BGS?

Haha considering i am a member not very good at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭tigerwood1

Macker can we bring back the good old days ?:D
    311859.jpg

well it was never going to last was it:rolleyes:.... congratulations to 3putt who with 3 great solid performances on the trot, makes the leap into first place. Myself and fix are hot on your heels so make sure you bring you c game to Killeen to give me a chance :D

thinks are warming up nicely in the race for a jug spot also. few guys in there who have games in hand, and with 5 events already played, good perfermances can really seen them make strong moves up the table over the next 3 events

my guess is that somewhere between 430 and 450 will be the requirement for a top 10 finish, so get practising guys... we need that jug back :)

19326572762_96d4497e2b_b.jpg

Very tight again this year (in fact much closer) - many ex players in top 10 again.

Interesting stuff.

But plenty to go. Anyone can get in top 10 yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Anyone can get in top 10 yet.

hope so :)

Advertisement