Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What to wear to a christening in June?

Options
  • 21-04-2013 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hey, Can someone recommend what to wear to a Christening in June, I am the god mother. I was thinking white skinny jeans and a navy blazer, is that too casual? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Too casual IMO.

What age are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 shellbean

Yeh I thought it might be, I'm 29 thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I think it sounds perfect. I don't think you need to be too dressed up for a christening. You just need to look smart. That outfit sounds good, or a nice day dress.

You can dress it up a bit with the accessories you choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I think it's perfectly ok. Just wear heals and more formal or dressy top.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

It really depends on the families involved to be honest, there is no set attire for a christening. That said to my mind, for the godmother to wear jeans is a bit casual and not necessarily in line with the joyous but serious tone of the event.

I'm sure there are situations where it is more casual but I can only comment on a recent christening I was at where the father, grandfather, godfather and many of the male guests wore suits.

The mother, grandmother and godmother wore dresses of a matching formaility with the mens suits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

I think jeans are too casual, but as SF has said it depends on the families involved. They might prefer everyone to be dressed casual.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

If they were blue jeans I'd agree that it would be too casual but white skinny jeans will just look like white trousers. It's a nice, smart daytime look that's perfect for a christening, particularly if they get a nice day. My sister in law wore regular jeans to her niece's christening and she looked out of place but most people stuck with smart casual.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

If they were blue jeans I'd agree that it would be too casual but white skinny jeans will just look like white trousers. It's a nice, smart daytime look that's perfect for a christening, particularly if they get a nice day. My sister in law wore regular jeans to her niece's christening and she looked out of place but most people stuck with smart casual.

But was she the God Mother?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

I think it's perfect. A christening is not a very formal event.
    Skinny jeans and blazer is a great look. Choose the right accessories and shoes and it's gorgeous.
    Google it and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 shellbean

Thanks everyone for the replies, ill have a think about it, i know ill be most comfy in jeans than a dress, ill talk to the mum and see what she thinks

• Advertisement
Advertisement