Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

magical 50 posts?

Options
  • 25-07-2014 2:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

How does one achieve the magical 50 posts?
    I posted in a thread and someone deleted the entire thread?

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

That was a thread full of nonsense designed to reach 50 posts as quickly as possible for you and some other users. This is not permitted.

One achieves 50 posts by engaging in some threads and contributing to the discussion, simple as that.

Any attempts to 'postcount', i.e. post any old thing to increase post counts, will be deleted and continuing to do so may result in a site ban. Just contribute genuinely at your own pace, you will reach 50 posts eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Valkerie33

ok i guess.
    seems a bit monotonous though. I was able to post video links when I first joined and then BAM..new rules. why were existing members who could post not grandfathered in?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,053 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There's no functionality to do such a thing unfortunately. Even the paid for verified rep accounts have to be manually bumped to 50 posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Valkerie33

ok...guess I'll just post then...cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

Hi, I hope it is okay to ask here, I have 56 post by now but still get this message

Boards.ie Message
    You cannot post with images, URLs or attachments because you are a new user.

when I tried to add link to book just now in one of posts

Can you please help me?

Also is there a way to enable full html text editor options for posts, because I still have just the "plain text" "option".

thanks a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,053 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's 50 posts plus 10 day old account.

Spear wrote: »
    It's 50 posts plus 10 day old account.
    for what? just links or full editor? thanks :)

To post links. The editor options in turn depend upon the ability to post links.

Spear wrote: »
    To post links. The editor options in turn depend upon the ability to post links.

okay thanks. i'd be looking forward to 1st of August then to be able to colour some text in my posts or make it italic or so : )..

Advertisement