Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Following on from LC Japanese

• 23-07-2014 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

So, i finished my Leaving Cert just over a month ago, i'm wondering if anyone could advise me on self-study for the JLPT N4. Just looking to know if anyone has advice on any books,websites or apps that would bee of any benefit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Japanese Lessons

Hi there
    I definitely know how you feel- after the LC it's hard to find good resources on intermediate learning.
    I did the N4 myself two years ago and I found this book to be very helpful
    Oh okay I can't post a link- its called Nihongo Challenge N4&N5, it's a pink book by mariko yamabe and you can get it off Amazon. Very good for the Kanji.

I actually give grinds for LC, but I have quite a lot of material from my JLPT, and I'd be happy to offer you some grinds before you do it in December.
    I'm just back from living in Tokyo, and I start up again next week.

I know it's just as easy (and cheaper) to study yourself, but if you would like a few lessons to push you in the right direction let me know.

Shereen Perera

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ian5005

Thanks, i've actually come across a video on youtube recommending those books, i was just curious should i go for the N5 or N4, i'm starting college in UL in two weeks and hoping to do Japanese as an extra module along with my main degree

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Japanese Lessons

I think the N4 shouldn't be a problem, its not too much harder than N5 in my opinion!

Advertisement