Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tragic yet worrying scenes in waterford last night

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭lighterman

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Yes I was discussing it openly at lunch time with people and the majority agreed with me. So no issue here stating my feelings in public.

I'm delighted to hear that. Sure there must be loads of room up there on that horse for them all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Hopefully the other 3 in the group will also fall off the earth and so all society a favour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭damienirel

Lost now are they falling off horses they were up on or just falling off the earth??:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

And anyone who believe it was a co incidence that a group of 4 men arrived outside a senior guards house and threw glass bottles at it really needs check themselves into the loony bin

The media are telling us it was a coincidence. Funny how people pick and choose the bits they want to believe.

lighterman wrote: »
    I'm delighted to hear that. Sure there must be loads of room up there on that horse for them all

When not going around causing damage to peoples property and assaulting people means that you are on a "high horse" it really shows the depths to which society has sunk

• Advertisement

And anyone who believe it was a co incidence that a group of 4 men arrived outside a senior guards house and threw glass bottles at it really needs check themselves into the loony bin

Why? You mean voluntarily admit themselves in to a psychiatric unit because they hold an opinion that isn't the same as yours.

slight over-reaction.no???

When not going around causing damage to peoples property and assaulting people means that you are on a "high horse" it really shows the depths to which society has sunk

As does celebrating a kids death when you dont know all the facts I suppose

drumswan wrote: »

Please enlighten me with all these facts that you have come across then.

Please also point out this celebrating I was engaging in. I must have missed it.

Please enlighten me with all these facts that you have come across then.

We dont know the facts

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

That child has been let down by the adults who should have been bringing g him up properly.

That "child" is 18 years of age. Correction "was 18 years of age"

Yes lets please stop this "child" rubbish. He was an adult who knew exactly what he was doing.

don't think anybody is celebrating anything. you're making stuff up now.

yep that's it.

A little reading on what high-horse means: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/high+horse

yep that's it.

A little reading on what high-horse means: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/high+horse

What a crime, feeling superior to criminals. Whatever should I do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

No. You are reflective of the depths that society has sunk. A child has died in tragic circumstances. You gloat, you call him a 'scumbag'.

LorMal wrote: »
    No. You are reflective of the depths that society has sunk. A child has died in tragic circumstances. You gloat, you call him a 'scumbag'.

An adult died, please direct me towards this gloating that I took part in.

What a crime, feeling superior to criminals. Whatever should I do

I know exactly what you should do. But 1 reported post is enough here so ill say no more.

damienirel wrote: »
    don't think anybody is celebrating anything. you're making stuff up now.

Its the usual little internet fantasy-violence circlejerk from boards' keyboard warriors, plenty of daily mail reading types on here love to revel in this stuff

yep that's it.

glad that was explained...here was I thinking...

• Advertisement

Its the usual little internet fantasy-violence circlejerk from boards' keyboard warriors, plenty of daily mail reading types on here love to revel in this stuff

LOL!

I know exactly what you should do. But 1 reported post is enough here so ill say no more.

First thing you have said that I 100% think you should do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

At the end of the day, its the garda that has to go back and live in the house he was attacked in. I am sure he be nervous every dark night there.

Feel sorry for the man after what these thugs but him thru.

At the end of the day, its the garda that has to go back and live in the house he was attacked in. I am sure he be nervous every dark night there.

Feel sorry for the man after what these thugs but him thru.

Agreed, the only people who get my sympathies are the family of the home that was attacked

Hi Patww79 - you must be one of those keyboard daily mailers circle jerking that drumswan was on about! lol!
    you could almost taste the hatred in that post. glad i'm a tree hugging guardian reader that abstains or drumswan would seek and destroy me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

An adult died, please direct me towards this gloating that I took part in.

Yes, numerically 18 is viewed as an adult. Were you a fully mature and totally responsible adult at 18?

I am not condoning his behavior but:
    1. He has died in a tragic accident
    2. He was very young
    3. His family must be devastated

You should not judge. You don't have the full facts. His actions do not warrant his death. You should certainly not call him 'a scumbag'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

MrStuffins wrote: »
    He was a young boy. Whole life ahead of him. maybe he was a little terror or a scum bag but there's nothing to say he couldn't have become a perfectly respectable adult. He is DEAD and everyone is acting like he got what he deserved because someone, not even proven to be him, threw a bottle at someone?

A few people in this thread really need to look themselves in the mirror!
    Sigh. This young man, went with a group of other men to a familys home to terrorise them at night time. Children should be able to sleep safely in their homes.
    While I'm sure you would have the same sympathetic attitude if they came at night to your house, to your children, I certainly wouldn't.
    They, when confronted, didn't choose to run off. They threw a bottle at the fathers head. That man could be in the morgue this morning, but thankfully he isn't. These men didn't care less for his life or the life of his wife or family, and you have have the audacity to question our sympathies; to ask us to look into the mirror? Pffft. Jog on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

LorMal wrote: »
    Yes, numerically 18 is viewed as an adult. Were you a fully mature and totally responsible adult at 18?

I am not condoning his behavior but:
    1. He has died in a tragic accident
    2. He was very young
    3. His family must be devastated

You should not judge. You don't have the full facts. His actions do not warrant his death. You should certainly not call him 'a scumbag'.

It wasn't an accident, it was an criminal act, pre planned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement