Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of not being straight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

Fozzydog3 wrote: »
    My friend was telling my other russian friend whos not the most liberal person known to man that i was gay and his description of his reaction was

"it was exactly like a child finding out santa wasn't real "

Housemate of mine was from Lithuania and not the most gay friendly person. So one day a couple of my friends came over (they're straight) and when he walked in they all started saying things like "oh he is cute!" "oh yeah" ect. ect.
    I was mortified but it was nothing compared to him who just walked to the fridge stared inside for about 10 seconds and walked back to his room.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

Fozzydog3 wrote: »
    ".....finding out santa wasn't real "

:eek::eek::eek: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

DubArk wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek: :(

wasn't real... really that fond of snow!!!!

Don't worry! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

:pac:theres no shortage of happy to be gay stories!

when i came out to my mam and dad i was 21 or 22 - i says to her one night 'so. im gay' she laughs and says she knew that ages ago. i ask her how flippin long she knew. she said since i was a young teen. so i says 'so you kne beforei did and never thought to tell me you b*tch?!' we slag each other off with the bitch word for effect. but upon reflection - i think it may have been my obsession with captain janeway of star trek voyager that told her.
    hadnt accepted it myself til 20. so it was funny in a sort of 'oh for f*ckssake' kinda way.

a few years ago i was in carlow shopping with the folks. this girl walks past in small denim shorts - almost knee high boots. bit crazy. but she had the as$ for it. my jaw dropped, maybe i drooled a bit. i was walking beside dad at the time. i looked over at him in a sorta 'cor' knowing way. HES looking jaw dropped too at her. looks over at me in the same way. we laugh our asses off. never leered before or since in such an eye popping public way. the woman had her back to us (A1 view) which is probably a good thing unless she likes being appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I remember last year sitting in the corridor in school and me and one friend were joking about how we seemed to attract bi people since we have a lot of bi friends, the majority of whom hadn't come out when we met them originally. Our other friend asked how many we had and I started naming them out while counting them off on my fingers. I named myself, forgetting she didn't know I was (just never came up). she said 'You're bi?!' really loudly. We then realised that our guidance counselor was standing right behind us. She stood unsure of what to say for about ten seconds and then just handed us sheets and walked off.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

U7BuL.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

^ Love Sassy Gay Friend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Never seen Disappointing GBF before, but thank you CS love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Aard wrote: »
    Never seen Disappointing GBF before, but thank you CS love it.
    Agreed.

It's funny cause it's true :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭SparkyTech

These videos crack me up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

Disappointing Gay Best Friend is magnificent. Her little song at the end cracks me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Ive been slowly coming out to my mates the last month, ive a very close bunch of 11 lads-i told 5 more of them saturday night with 3 there that already knew.....i said it and then one goes "this is gonna make us so cooooolllll!!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

df1985 wrote: »
    then one goes "this is gonna make us so cooooolllll!!!!"
    My friends: "now all we need is a foreigner and we'll be untouchable"

My group were more concerned about completing the "set" of minorities!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MissMoppet

Heard some class ones at Pink Training..But my friend defo has one of the funniest coming out stories I've heard..One night he got reallly pissed came downstairs opened the sitting room door and went..'Mum..Dad..I like the cock'..Then passed out..They were more mad about the drink than the coming out! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endymion

MissMoppet wrote: »
    Heard some class ones at Pink Training.. :p

From memory everyone in those sessions agrees not to repeat what they hear outside them.

Endymion wrote: »
    From memory everyone in those sessions agrees not to repeat what they hear outside them.

Yes, but MissMoppet didn't. Their anecdote was from a personal friend, not one they heard at Pink Training.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MissMoppet

Yes, but MissMoppet didn't. Their anecdote was from a personal friend, not one they heard at Pink Training.

Thanks!
    Also its only certain closed spaces in Pink Training..But I would never tell anything personal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

You guys are amazing. Seriously.

//straight, but would love a gay/les friend & not in an "O.M.G. That looks amazing on you" way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

iMax wrote: »
    You guys are amazing. Seriously.

//straight, but would love a gay/les friend & not in an "O.M.G. That looks amazing on you" way.
    That's what you need!

:D:D

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

mothersday2.jpg

Mmm... grammar Naziism...

Links234 wrote: »
    mothersday2.jpg

Utterly wonderful, both for the grammar and for the sociology. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Me: 'I'm surprised I didn't realise I was into girls as well as guys earlier. I was obsessed with Rose McGowan as a kid, I even made a badge with her face on it.'

My (straight) friend: 'I had a badge with Peggy Mitchell on it, what does that say about me?!'

XzsVr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

So a couple of years back I decided I was gonna come out to two of my best friends who I hadn't yet told. I told the first one anyway and he was really sound about it, as I'd anticipated. I told him that I felt uncomfortable telling the second one, so he told me that he'd ring him and tell him if I wanted, so I said okay.
    He called me a few minutes later anyway to tell me how it went.

Me: So?
    Him: Well I rang him and told him, and he was just like "Shane, we have a gay friend, we're so modern!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

So a couple of years back I decided I was gonna come out to two of my best friends who I hadn't yet told. I told the first one anyway and he was really sound about it, as I'd anticipated. I told him that I felt uncomfortable telling the second one, so he told me that he'd ring him and tell him if I wanted, so I said okay.
    He called me a few minutes later anyway to tell me how it went.

Me: So?
    Him: Well I rang him and told him, and he was just like "Shane, we have a gay friend, we're so modern!!!"

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

ninty9er wrote: »
    My friends: "now all we need is a foreigner and we'll be untouchable"

Haha, reminds me of my LCVP class. The only people not doing it are me, my aforementioned friend Shane who has red hair, and two Lithuanian girls who've lived here for a good few years, so they're friends with everyone. We all have to sit at the back anyway and we were having a conversation one day about something pretty important when out of nowhere one of the girls comes out with "Two foreigners, a ginger and a queer, what kind of group is this?" to which the 4 of us died laughing. :D I suppose you had to be there!

Advertisement