Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

@Nolimits really impressive Stowa collection.

You must have a loyalty card from them by now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I love those Stowa watches, very nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

@Nolimits really impressive Stowa collection.

You must have a loyalty card from them by now!!

No but I should have :(

I was over there in September picking up the B dial, and Jorg gave me a bottle of his wine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

The Christmas present to self has arrived:

931055d1357843341-show-your-new-amphibia-100-dsc_0053-large-.jpg

931057d1357843341-show-your-new-amphibia-100-dsc_0054-large-.jpg

for once, the Vostok supplied strap is actually perfectly useable:

931056d1357843341-show-your-new-amphibia-100-dsc_0051-large-.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 64,762 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Metal strap was not very comfortable on a watch this heavy, also the Quondam needed a slightly bolder look for the new year :D

235865.jpg

235866.jpg

• Advertisement

Forgot to say the strap is a Hirsch Trapper light tan

After a few hours browsing watch forums, this image inspired me to buy a Trapper. How could it not have? :cool:

picture?PictId=%7BCBA6897B-5F51-4339-9849-7EE70B7063BA%7D&size=ORIG

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

These are already in the Steinhart thread but no harm in putting them here as well I guess. Received today and really liking it so far.

8371878422_c8f9809211.jpg
    Untitled by Pulsar_vzr, on Flickr

8371876822_e34e688088.jpg

8371876460_227bd5423d.jpg

8371875584_0a8166d5ba.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

While I'm at it, heres one of my Hamilton, a bit too 'dressy' for day to day so that's where the Steinhart's going to take over as a daily.

8371875218_d048c8184c.jpg

OREGATO wrote: »

Very classy. Steinhart FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

unkel wrote: »
    Forgot to say the strap is a Hirsch Trapper light tan

After a few hours browsing watch forums, this image inspired me to buy a Trapper. How could it not have? :cool:

Love it. Very classy, strap suits it too.

Sorry wibbs, I was on the mobile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Nolimits, any more pics of that Ikarus?
    Would love to see them if you do...just ordered mine and also went for the blue hands but opted for the onion crown

More iphone photos of dubious quality, unlike the watch.

Really like this Seiko, it solid and the strap is very comfortable.

236031.JPG

I think it was excellent value too, got it from CW's for €183.

Its replaced my Breitling Navitimer on my wrist (at least temporarily) and I reckon I'll get great use out of it in the summer.

Thanks to Trigger Happy for helping me sparking it to life!

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

More iphone photos of dubious quality, unlike the watch.

Really like this Seiko, it solid and the strap is very comfortable.

I think it was excellent value too, got it from CW's for €183.

Its replaced my Breitling Navitimer on my wrist (at least temporarily) and I reckon I'll get great use out of it in the summer.

Thanks to Trigger Happy for helping me sparking it to life!

TbL

Eh more, better photos please! What's the Seiko model number?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Looks like my one, but in a different colour and strap. Think the model number is SSC021P.

Eh more, better photos please! What's the Seiko model number?

KH,

Eoin is right its a SSCO 21P

I saw it after Eoin "poached" a similar model (on boards.ie), with a metal bracelet, from under my nose!

Decided to go for the rubber strap and am really happy with it.

I'll try and load some better quality Photos.

Can anyone please tell me how to load a picture directly into the post rather than as an attachment. I'm a bit of a Luddite!

Thanks

TbL

KH,

Eoin is right its a SSCO 21P

I saw it after Eoin "poached" a similar model (on boards.ie), with a metal bracelet, from under my nose!

Decided to go for the rubber strap and am really happy with it.

I'll try and load some better quality Photos.

Can anyone please tell me how to load a picture directly into the post rather than as an attachment. I'm a bit of a Luddite!

Thanks

TbL

Attach the photos as normal to the post. Then from the edit menu at the top you can select the little photo button. To insert your photos into the post just right click and copy the URL (address) of the newly attached photos one at a time and they'll then appear in the post. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks Bedlam,

I see I even posted the photo upside down!!

236118.jpg

236117.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Niiice KH :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Very nice KH.

Looking at this thread is starting to affect my finances!!

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭A+-Guru

awesome watch KH, well wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

18012013.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Here's my no date flieger on the Rios Aviator strap. I took off the enormous chrome plated loop keeper and it looks much better without it. Took a couple of photos today as I plan to switch to one of Eddie's grey NATO's to see how it looks on that.

DSC_0181.jpg
    DSC_0211.jpg
    DSC_0196.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Now I looove NATO straps myself, but IMH that style of watch looks way better on the leather.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Wibbs wrote: »
    Now I looove NATO straps myself, but IMH that style of watch looks way better on the leather.

I would have agreed with you until I saw a photo of one, and thought I'd give it a try for variation, obviously would look ridiculous on a bond NATO but grey or black with matt/brushed rings.

2013-01-20%2013.44.33.jpg
    2013-01-20%2013.42.09.jpg

Zagato wrote: »
    I would have agreed with you until I saw a photo of one, and thought I'd give it a try for variation, obviously would look ridiculous on a bond NATO but grey or black with matt/brushed rings.

Beautiful watch Zagato, well wear.

It's all subjective but I don't like that NATO strap, on the Stowa, it cheapens the look of the watch in my opinion. There again I have yet to see a watch that suits that style of strap.

Anyway best of luck with it.

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Picked this up for a change of pace. Solar powered, radio syncs time every night, 200m WR and G-Shock tough... Not bad for €70... I felt bad wearing my mechanical watches going out washing the car etc so this is great. Throw it on and forget about it...

C6BDB1E6-554D-46E8-926E-E8FDE3D1EBA8-2445-000001376CFD2ACC_zps8f3e56f7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

This arrived earlier today.

Saw a pic of one of these on a watchuseek and loved the blue dial, off I went to the Artego website only to find out that they were out of stock :mad:

I shot an email off to the company asking if/when they were available again and I got a reply from the owner Robert Lex. He had one available in blue with the stainless bezel and he asked if I was interested, :D

44mm case size and a much more wearable for me 48mm lug to lug and the 24mm lug width makes it more balanced. The movement is a Miyota 8215 not the greatest but not a deal breaker for me.

IMG_3631_zpsa287e93b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Was going to wait until I could do proper photos of this but I couldn't! Just back from collecting this beauty. Was one of my favourite watches for as long as I can remember. Got an unbelievable deal on it. It's going away tomorrow morning to fix a problem with the date mechanism that was disclosed to me (takes about an hour to change over) and a service. Then it's all mine...!

Photo's not great, I'll address that when I get it back.

BF76B7C5-E656-4F47-8C8B-340E7A2E87F1-2775-0000016DE1EA2034_zps8943a8b2.jpg

804F5F08-D708-4EB9-A03C-B6121806FBA4-3111-0000016F77636F53_zpsfe5ec918.jpg

• Advertisement

Niiiiiice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement