Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick I just won a contest and I need your help!!!

• 24-03-2012 4:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 81,137 ✭✭✭✭

NEWS TEAM! ASSEMBLE!

Ok tl:dr I entered a contest as part of a microsoft thing: I HAVE ABOUT AN HOUR TO MAKE A SELECTION FROM TWO LAPTOPS. HELP.
    Hello and Congratulations!

Based on your submission to the Windows Blog for the Best of CES 2012 Device Giveaway ExpertZone contest, your entry has been chosen as one of the top 5 posts! You have not only one but TWO of the following devices show at CES 2012:
    · Samsung Series 9 (2nd gen) – MSRP $1,399
    · Asus Zenbook UX31 – MSRP $999.99
    · Samsung Series 7 Slate – MSRP $1,149
    · HP Envy 14 Spectre – MSRP $1399.99
    · Sony Vaio Z – MSRP $1,999
    *Note* that actual MSRP of each PC listed above depends on exact specifications and configuration of the PC, which winner does not have the ability to choose.

NEXT STEPS:
    1. You must reply to this e-mail by 11:59pm PST on March 23, 2012 with acceptance of your prize selection.
    · If you do not reply to this e-mail by 11:59pm PST on March 23, 2012 with acceptance of your prize selection, you may be disqualified and we may award the prize to an alternate judged winner.
    2. Choose two of the devices listed above in your reply.
    3. Verify your shipping address; before we send your prize, we will need you to complete some paperwork.
    4. Once you receive the paperwork, please sign and return (return envelope and postage will be provided).
    5. Allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of your prize.
    Thank You,
    SO ****ING GLAD I checked my mail before bed. ****!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,137 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

HP Envy is choice One. Asus UX31 or the Slate. Damnit.

After Hours you aren't being you're usual self. Someone should have butted in by now, at least with your ma was blasted with piss. or something. Damn.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Overheal wrote: »
    HP Envy is choice One. Asus UX31 or the Slate. Damnit.

I'd go with the slate there. No point having two ultrabooks is there? Also, the touchpads on those UX31s are meant to be awful, unless they fixed them. If you can get two of the HP Envys send one my way for being ever so helpful.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

You take the hp and i'll take whatevers left

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

Don't you work selling this stuff? Surely you should know what you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Boobs.

Don't you work selling this stuff? Surely you should know what you want.
    You would think :D

I decided on the Slate and the Envy. It did really help to have some good advice (thanks Cush, knew I could count on a C&T Reg being on).

Now I just hope the Slate has a nice pen. It would be damn nice to have a screen thats truly drawable on. iPads were a letdown there :p

Damn the email said
    NEXT STEPS:
    1. You must reply to this e-mail by 11:59pm PST on March 23, 2012 with acceptance of your prize selection.
    · If you do not reply to this e-mail by 11:59pm PST on March 23, 2012 with acceptance of your prize selection, you may be disqualified and we may award the prize to an alternate judged winner.
    I was FLIPPING MY SH*T because my clock said March 24, 2012, 12:23 AM when I read that. Time zones man. Time zones. Oh my god. CAN YOU IMAGINE if I didnt check my email one last time before bed?: #($@^&#($@^&(#$@*&

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Not another first world problem, I'd go with the Samsung Series 7 Slate

Advertisement