Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Viber

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

sick of waiting for the beta invite and especially as i cant share it with other android users that i would be ringing, can i unsubscribe?
    When is it planned to release the public version

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Viber

We regret to hear that you are sick of waiting, but unfortunately there is nothing we can do to help - we never announced that the Beta would be public. It was originally planned to be a closed-group project, with a limited amount of invitations per day.

We still don't know when the official version will be released.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Accountsplus

I downloaded and installed viber on Sunday. So far the results are not great.

Yesterday I called one of my iphone owning friends using viber.
    The call couldn't connect so I called using Regular Mobile and she said "Don't use viber, its not reliable". She could see that I tried to call but couldn't hear me.

Today, then I called another friend - also iphone. Again, it didn't connect.
    The friend rang me back and said viber only works on wifi.

Something funny going on. Both have these have viber since the start of the year, both have iphones. Both say use regular calls - viber doesn't work if they're away from the office/wifi.

I'll keep trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Well thats to be expected, I wouldn't be using a VoIP client over 3G in Ireland, 3G here is useless.

What's written above is true - many times 3G networks could be the source of the problem. There is nothing we (Viber) can do to help it.

We can only suggest to simply always switch to WiFi when available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Got the key today and so far so good. working well but needs good 3g as said.

really like how others using it just show up in your list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

god's toy wrote: »

really like how others using it just show up in your list.
    Yeah that's dead handy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Hey Viber any chance you could push me up the queue?!

Need this ASAP!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

scudzilla wrote: »
    Can somebody email me the .apk file?
    Send me a pm and i'll give you my email
    Viber wrote: »
    Note that if you get the APK without following this procedure, you will NOT be able to activate.
    In order to activate you'll have to subscribe here: http://eepurl.com/bW1Ln and wait for your turn in receiving the invitation emails (a few weeks from subscription).

Nah, Fcuk Viber then, will use other Apps

Le King wrote: »
    Hey Viber any chance you could push me up the queue?!

Need this ASAP!

:)

Unfortunately there is no way for me to manually push you up the queue.
    However, next week we might noticeably expand our daily quota, so waiting will become much shorter.
    I will fill you in on exact details in the beginning of next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭McSween

just adding my name for the queue if possible, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

McSween wrote: »
    just adding my name for the queue if possible, thanks

Hey mate,

check out http://www.viber.com/download
    There is a link there to sign up as a beta tester.
    Thats how you get in the queue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Viber wrote: »
    Unfortunately there is no way for me to manually push you up the queue.
    However, next week we might noticeably expand our daily quota, so waiting will become much shorter.
    I will fill you in on exact details in the beginning of next week.

Thanks for the reply. It looks awesome guys. Used it on a friends phone today. Would save me a bomb!

Delighted it's coming to Android.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭virmilitaris

Viber any idea at all when this will be released to the public ? Just a ball park figure, no one will hold you to it.

P.S -> I have no way of testing it since I have no contacts who use it, how is it performing for other beta testers ?

We honestly don't have an estimate for the release of the public version since bugs are still being reported by our testers, and more and more devices are being examined these days.

However, we do plan to start speeding up the sending out of the invitation emails as time goes by - so the wait for subscribers would be much shorter (thus coming closer to making the Beta "public").

I see the Viber beta got an update this morning.
    Wonder if it's just a bug fix or something new?

god's toy wrote: »
    I see the Viber beta got an update this morning.
    Wonder if it's just a bug fix or something new?

Mainly bug fixes (though major ones).
    Try it out and see if issues have been fixed for you (especially volume related bugs and crashes).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Our waiting list is long, but we invite a few thousands each day to join the beta testing.
    My guess is that you should receive the invitation email within a week or two, but no promises yet.

However, I can guarantee you that you will eventually get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I've been waiting 4 or 5 weeks now at this stage I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Ya myself and the OH are on the list for 4 weeks and no sign of a invite yet.

Come on lads pick up the pace

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Viber, I just got a new phone the HTC Sensation. When I installed initially it worked ok but some of my contacts were not showing up - maybe the first half alphabetically but any names after were missing. I reinstalled but now none of my contacts are showing up at all.

Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

My contacts are gone aswell after renstalling :(

I have found refreshing the contacts works. didn't see any users untill I did a refresh and close down/ reopen then everything was back.

I assume you all mean that your VIBER contacts are all gone, yes?

Enter Viber and find a person you know has Viber in the "All" contact list. Enter his details, change a digit, save and exit. Then enter his contact again, change the digit back (to the original, correct number), save and exit. Wait about 10 minutes and see if he's recognized as a Viber user now.

If it doesn't work, please try manually dialing the number in its FULL format (including the "+" sign, the country code, area code, etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I signed up Beta launch day (4th) and got my invite this morning (30th)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Thought I signed up on the 4th aswell. Just checked my emails there though and it seems like i didnt. Was full sure I did.

Sickened, Now I have to wait another month

We apologize for the wait, but please subscribe now and you will eventually get your invitation as well.

A pretty obvious tip to those waiting for the invitation: make sure to also check your Spam folder ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

got my invite yesterday and installed - looks great so far

Only problem is none of my contacts have Viber as they are all still awaiting their invite so I cant test
    Maybe I should pester some of my contacts that have an iPhone and get them to install

@Viber
    One question is - can this be installed on the SD card? It takes up a lot of space and I am wondering if it runs from the SD card. Might be a deal breaker if it wont work from SD as poor ol' Desire users have limited space on the phone for installs

Advertisement