Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

i know its not a job im advertising here but its related in a way.

does anyone know of any places in waterford who can help me with my cv?

i just want someone who knows what they are doing in terms of cv's and what employers are looking for in them these days.

iv applied for loads of jobs, iv updated my cv but i want it look over professionally to what they think of it, thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

i just want someone who knows what they are doing in terms of cv's and what employers are looking for in them these days.

iv applied for loads of jobs, iv updated my cv but i want it look over professionally to what they think of it, thanks

Absolutely no idea but I can take a look at it if you like, from an employers perspective.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Me too if you like,

I'm far from an expert but if you want to PM me I'll look over it and give you some feedback. That's open to anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

"an obair" have a free service for cv writing or interview technique
    just call into them they are very helpful
    search in waterford forum as well i think someone started a thread about them a week or two ago

edit its on page 3 of forum

Absolutely no idea but I can take a look at it if you like, from an employers perspective.
    Me too if you like,

I'm far from an expert but if you want to PM me I'll look over it and give you some feedback. That's open to anyone

thanks for the offer lads appreciate it big time but i dont really want to send my personal details to people i dont know over the internet. thanks again though lads.

"
    an obair" have a free service for cv writing or interview technique
    just call into them they are very helpful
    search in waterford forum as well i think someone started a thread about them a week or two ago

edit its on page 3 of forum

thanks bud that sounds good, il ring or call into them tomorrow and see what they can do, they sound good. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I know this job offer is not in Waterford City but i saw Dominos in Dungarvan are looking for delivery drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Nickfro

From what I have heard Kfc in ardkeen are hiring + there is possibly management leaving soon so there may be positions open.

A friend recently got a job in Bausch & Lomb, weekend shift. Anyone know if the are still taking on people or even taking cv's?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Nickfro wrote: »
    From what I have heard Kfc in ardkeen are hiring + there is possibly management leaving soon so there may be positions open.

A friend recently got a job in Bausch & Lomb, weekend shift. Anyone know if the are still taking on people or even taking cv's?

Unfortunately not. They stopped taking cvs just over a month ago.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Unfortunately not. They stopped taking cvs just over a month ago.

Ah thats a shame! I was hoping to hand on in :/

Nickfro wrote: »

RE the kfc job : https://jobbank.fas.ie/servlet/Watis?SESS=-1176464608_4&SERVICE=CRITERIUMBROWSE&TEMPLATE=WWW_JS_VAC_CRITERIUM_BROWSE.HTM&ROW=23&BACK=TEMPLATE=WWW_JS_VAC_CRITERIUM_OVERVIEW.HTM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Not sure if they have hired yet but Rigney Dolphin are looking for customer services agents for the Meteor and Quinn Insurance campaigns. Also word on the street is they are also being looked at for the Eircom contract and if successful you would be looking at an extra 200-300 jobs for Waterford.

Also afaik Sky are taking up residence in the old NTL building in the next 2 months......

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sky rumour going around for ages, was told it wasn't true and that someone else moved into that building already (or is moving). Sky ended up elsewhere IIRC

O Riain wrote: »
    link not workin

Hm strange. Well I know there is a managerial position open and I believe they are looking for partimers during lunch hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Elbows22 wrote: »
    Not sure if they have hired yet but Rigney Dolphin are looking for customer services agents for the Meteor and Quinn Insurance campaigns. Also word on the street is they are also being looked at for the Eircom contract and if successful you would be looking at an extra 200-300 jobs for Waterford.

Also afaik Sky are taking up residence in the old NTL building in the next 2 months......

There may be a call centre going there but it won't be sky, rumour doing the rounds is its an outsource centre for orange and the jobs will be fairly low pay with bonuses for sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

yeah orange is opened here now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,699 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Forgive me if this off topic i just dont want to start a new thread and it is about jobs. Has anybody took any jobs from FAS where you dont get a salary. I have applied for a few jobs, but if i get a job its going to be hard working beside someone who is getting a good week's wages, but your only getting your dole and doing the same work. Has anybody had any experience in these type of jobs i need to got some experience on my C.V. or my 4 year degree will become worthless. I know its only the dole but it would be getting me out of the house and work experience. Has anybody got any success with being took on full time after their work experience. I dont even know what im asking just rambling in general about the only jobs i am qualified for are dole paid jobs from FAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tsoparno

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Forgive me if this off topic i just dont want to start a new thread and it is about jobs. Has anybody took any jobs from FAS where you dont get a salary. I have applied for a few jobs, but if i get a job its going to be hard working beside someone who is getting a good week's wages, but your only getting your dole and doing the same work. Has anybody had any experience in these type of jobs i need to got some experience on my C.V. or my 4 year degree will become worthless. I know its only the dole but it would be getting me out of the house and work experience. Has anybody got any success with being took on full time after their work experience. I dont even know what im asking just rambling in general about the only jobs i am qualified for are dole paid jobs from FAS.
    work place progammes is all that seems to be on the fas site,its a joke working for nothing basically.employers seriously taking advantage of the situation.

Nuts102 wrote: »

i done it once around 3 or 4 years ago, i was in a factory in waterford for 3 months working 8.30am - 5pm on the dole with an added 12 euro to cover travelling and lunch etc:rolleyes:, typical fas.

its hard stuff working knowing that the fela next to you is gettin 500+ quid and your doing the exact same for less than minimum wage. I done the 3 months the employer didn't take me on after it was a real kick in the balls as you could imagine.

in all i think its a joke and it just exploits people, for the sake of gaining some experience fair enough but dont get roped into doing a full day 5 day a week shift if you arnt promised a job after it otherwise it will just end up costing you money aswell as building yourself up to be let down like i did.

im on the dole again now for the last 6 months and i can tell you this i would never go back and do anything for fas they are just robbers and really dont care about you, your just a number.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭billiejosie

I just wanted to say thanks for stickying this thread, I lost my job yesterday so you can imagine I'm pretty down in the dumps, but at least with threads like this one I have a chance to find another one (I hope!)

Thanks guys :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,699 ✭✭✭Nuts102

i done it once around 3 or 4 years ago, i was in a factory in waterford for 3 months working 8.30am - 5pm on the dole with an added 12 euro to cover travelling and lunch etc:rolleyes:, typical fas.

its hard stuff working knowing that the fela next to you is gettin 500+ quid and your doing the exact same for less than minimum wage. I done the 3 months the employer didn't take me on after it was a real kick in the balls as you could imagine.

in all i think its a joke and it just exploits people, for the sake of gaining some experience fair enough but dont get roped into doing a full day 5 day a week shift if you arnt promised a job after it otherwise it will just end up costing you money aswell as building yourself up to be let down like i did.

im on the dole again now for the last 6 months and i can tell you this i would never go back and do anything for fas they are just robbers and really dont care about you, your just a number.

Thanks for your reply its just i graduated in 2009. Done a bit of travel and cant find a job. So i have been unemolyed 2 years. My degree is in the financial area which all they are doing is leaving people go never mind employing. My problem is i have zero experience and the longer im on the dole my degree becomes worthless. the jobs i applied for are 9 month contracts and i dont know if i could do it. A friend was saying they will throw you a few euro a week and probably take you on at the end of it, but i know thats very unlikely. i dont know if its a good idea by FAS to get people working, but surely the employers should put 100 to your dole or something. These employers are just going to take someone else on for free when your contract is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

I just wanted to say thanks for stickying this thread, I lost my job yesterday so you can imagine I'm pretty down in the dumps, but at least with threads like this one I have a chance to find another one (I hope!)

What line of work were you in?
    So sorry to hear your bad news. but something else will come up..maybe much better. keep your chin up

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭billiejosie

What line of work were you in?
    So sorry to hear your bad news. but something else will come up..maybe much better. keep your chin up

Thanks TheIrishMob :) I was in administration, loved it but cant afford to be fussy at the moment, rent is needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

So sorry to hear that, hope you pick up something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

tsoparno wrote: »
    work place progammes is all that seems to be on the fas site,its a joke working for nothing basically.employers seriously taking advantage of the situation.

Yeah, I was looking at the FAS site a couple of weeks ago, and the vast majority of the 'jobs' were work placement. Now I wouldn't mind if there was some particular training taking place for recent graduates etc, but FFS, some of the 'jobs' being 'offered' were in shops - stocking shelves, cleaning, tills etc.
    (Now if someone was to pay me to do that job, I'd have no problem, but to do it for free for some miserly shopkeeper......:mad:)

seriously though lads where are the jobs being advertised?

the last 2 jobs i applied for were baush n lomb and rigney dolphin and i heard about them through word of mouth.

there is nothing on the fas website and nothing in the papers etc

someone above said rigney dolphin again are taking on staff again? its not even on there website:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Tower Hotel are currently hiring:

A receptionist (8 month contract)
    Barperson (8 month contract)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭suirfire

Ability Matters are hiring a sales Rep see News and Star

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

someone above said rigney dolphin again are taking on staff again? its not even on there website:confused:

Jobs are after been filled in hte last few days afaik

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭alan89

seriously though lads where are the jobs being advertised?

the last 2 jobs i applied for were baush n lomb and rigney dolphin and i heard about them through word of mouth.

there is nothing on the fas website and nothing in the papers etc

It costs money to advertise. Why waste money when you still get a large amount of people applying by word of mouth?

With RigneyDolphin they were rushed positions as there were needed immediately so the first 20 or so were called for assessment centers and then hired. :confused:

Advertisement