Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WANTED: islabike 14" or 16" inch for 5yrs old girl

• 31-03-2012 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

Looking for one of these light bikes (preferably 16") for my little girl if anyone has a second hand in good condition to sell on

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭multifunction

Hi Clod
    I have a isla benin 20 small for sale got it for my girl when she was 5

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭munsterleinster

Hi Clod
    I have a isla benin 20 small for sale got it for my girl when she was 5

Hi
    How much are you selling for?
    Any photos?

It cost over 300 was looking for 180.Will take 150

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭clod71

It cost over 300 was looking for 180.Will take 150

thanks multifunction, it looks nice, but it's a bit over budget for me...

Bump

• Advertisement

No problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

I have a Cnoc 16 in excellent condition that I was thinking of selling to move my 6 year old up to a Benin 20 (ideally large but I small would do). BUT I'm in Dublin, clod71 appears to be in Cork, and multifunction is in Galway. If we could figure some place to meet in the middle we could all swap cash/bikes and go home happy.

I'd be looking for about €120 for the Cnoc 16", a new one would cost twice that once shipped from the UK, and could swing €150 for the Benin. Whats are the chances we could all end up in Portlaoise some weekend soon? Or Dublin would even better, for me anyway :D

If thats too difficult I'd be interested in the Benin 20 small but won't be anywhere near Galway in the foreseeable future, you coming anywhere near Dublin anytime soon multifunction?

Excuse the feet!!

IMG_2349.JPG

Hi quenching
    I will probably be in Dublin at the end of the month if you are still interested

Hi quenching
    I will probably be in Dublin at the end of the month if you are still interested

Thanks multifunction, I am indeed still interested and can happily wait until the end of April. Is it in good condition with gears/brakes etc all still working well?

I'm sure I can sell the Cnoc 16 locally.

Thats grand.The bike is in perfect working order.I will let you know nearer to time.

• Advertisement

Thats grand.The bike is in perfect working order.I will let you know nearer to time.

Great, I'll send you a PM with my contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

hi there, just wondering what model the Cnoc is? I'd prefer to get one without the backpedal brake... don't suppose you are in Limerick any time soon?

cyberspi wrote: »
    hi there, just wondering what model the Cnoc is? I'd prefer to get one without the backpedal brake... don't suppose you are in Limerick any time soon?

The one has have doesn't have the backpedal brake, levers for both front and back. No plans to be in Limerick anytime soon I'm afraid! I thought the world revolved around Dublin and so far on this thread we have Dublin, Cork, Galway and Limerick......Port Laoise is looking good at the moment.....

Hi there, rather than wait until you're in Dublin at the end of April would you be willing to send the bike to Dublin by courier? Postplus.ie will ship a bike for €15, which I'd be happy to pay top of the €150 for the bike. I can send payment by PayPal, cheque, or bank transfer, whichever you prefer.

quenching wrote: »
    Hi there, rather than wait until you're in Dublin at the end of April would you be willing to send the bike to Dublin by courier? Postplus.ie will ship a bike for €15, which I'd be happy to pay top of the €150 for the bike. I can send payment by PayPal, cheque, or bank transfer, whichever you prefer.

@quenching would you take 100 euro for the CNOC 16?

clod71 wrote: »
    @quenching would you take 100 euro for the CNOC 16?

Already sold I'm afraid clod71, they don't stay for sale very long so if you find one elsewhere you should snap it up quickly. Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭WhisperingDeath

Hi

I'm looking for a 142 or 16" Islabike for my little girl. Am based in Dublin but would be willing to pay postage.

thanks

Bumping again...

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭BigGeorge

Bump - on the lookout for a islabike cnoc 16 or beinn 20 (small). leinster based but can collect anywhere really.

have a cnoc 14 already & its a great little bike but about to be outgrown & passed down the line!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Hi. I'm looking for a Beinn 20 Large or Small, actually 2 of them if possible:D
    Prefer large but small would do.
    I have a Cnoc 16 (2011) in excellent condition with mudguards and original box to trade if anyone wants to go down that route?

• Advertisement

Hi CJ

Would you be interested in selling your cnoc?

what colour is it?

what price?

Location?

Thanks

WD

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭BigGeorge

interested in the cnoc 16 too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I'll keep you in mind, I don't really want to just sell it with nothing to replace it with, Thats why I'd ideally like to part-ex it for a Beinn 20 S or L

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sully86

Hi WhisperingDeath,
    I have a purple Islabike Cnoc 16 for my daughter. It is immaculate, has hardly been used and has been kept indoors. Upgrading shortly to a Beinn 20 small so hoping to sell her Cnoc. I am in Cork, but could try to arrange for it to get to Dublin. I am looking for €160 for it. It is as new.
    Regards,
    Sully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Mods,
    We need an Islabikes thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Konkers

Agreed. Islabikes thread required. Looking for a 16" cnoc for my son. Based in Dublin.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 allgood123

Sully86 wrote: »
    Hi WhisperingDeath,
    I have a purple Islabike Cnoc 16 for my daughter. It is immaculate, has hardly been used and has been kept indoors. Upgrading shortly to a Beinn 20 small so hoping to sell her Cnoc. I am in Cork, but could try to arrange for it to get to Dublin. I am looking for €160 for it. It is as new.
    Regards,
    Sully

Hi Sully86...Long shot I know...but wondering if you still have that Cnoc16? Am looking for one for my little girl.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sully86

Hi allgood123,
    Thanks for your interest. Unfortunately the bike was sold a while back. Good luck and hope you get one.
    Sully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

An alternative is the Cuda brand built with 6061 Aluminium. Fitzcycles stock them in Dublin. They are the junior range of Barracuda. Cheaper than the Islabikes, but a decent step up from the cheaper kids bikes that you usually get. Thats what I went for when I couldn't stretch to a Isabike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 allgood123

Thanks for info BostonB.....just went to Fitzcycles website to find out more but it is down for maintenance:( ...will definitely be following up...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement