Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What TV programmes are you watching? May contain SPOILERS.

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

cobham wrote: »
    Seems like no program to look forward to now that The Good Wife has ended its recent season. I missed the first season of The Legacy. Would not that make it difficult to view the second?

Try Mr Robot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Browsed a few lists at IMDB to see what to download next, came across The Americans, rated 8.3 on IMDB http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2149175/?ref_=rvi_tt. Into its 4th season now, but I hadn't heard of it. Watched episode 1, has definite promise.

Also dipping in to Black Sails, Crossbones, and trying to finish Person of Interest and The Blacklist.
    Found a pilot of The Man in the High Castle. Big PKDick fan so season 1 eagerly awaited in 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭cobham

Thanks for recommendations.... I have since found out that series one of Legacy is still available on Sky iplayer but have to nab other half's "device" to watch it and only so many days left :). I must record remaining episodes of series two.

As for the Americans, I watched the first episode on RTE a year or so ago but could not work out who the 'good' guys were supposed to be :confused: so did not get stuck into it. Maybe give it another go....maybe on Netflix now?

Mr Robot is only on USA station.... I am only up to watching regular tv with help of upc box being an 'auld one'. But do try and keep up with bit (actually more than regular tv) of netflix and him inside has the sky stuff being a sportaholic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Ripper Street is back! Hooray! BBC1 NOW!

• Advertisement

And Ripper Street is still going, yay! More gory scenes to hide from! :D

I've calmed down again now. Did anyone watch 'Older than Ireland' recently? I loved it and the ladies and gents on it made me feel quite ashamed of myself for being so lazy!

http://www.herald.ie/news/dub-bessie-4-a-star-as-367000-watch-older-than-ireland-35018028.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭PMBC

Watched a few on Netflix recently that I thought were good/would recommend -
    The Shooter - action series in about ten parts.
    Sarajevo - film; excellent got me reading the history of the Balkans
    Jail Break - action drama series; watching fourth part tonight.

We don't have Netflix but considering it at the moment. Presently watching Jack Taylor series. I like the series but I often have questions relating to the storyline i.e. "but why did she..." and "how did they...." and "how did he know...." and "that doesn't make sense!" But we still watch it anyway. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 28,046 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I have become a netflix convert. Get the news from the computer and otherwise watch a netflix series. Tho I am guilty of asking those questions the odd time, all these young fellas look the same.

Yes another fan of Netflix... we share access to the account with daughter in London. I think she can have up to 6 users who do not have to in same household or even country. I found it very useful on holiday. Different regions have different selections to view.

Just finished season 1 of The Crown = excellent!

I also would mention I came across a few films on Youtube one being "Dancing at Lunasa" with Meryl Street and the other with Helen Mirren "the Door".

I have no regular tv at the moment and dont really miss it. I can use iplayer for RTE and Channel 4 and I regularly go to UK and can catch up with BBC iplayer when there. Himself has Sky and I can access the skyplayer for catch up etc and we share that with kids as well.

• Advertisement

I'm recording 'Holding Back The Years' on BBC1 9.15am now which discusses the issues of ageing. Thought our lot here might be interested.

Anyone watching this Spanish series on BBC4? Its getting very complicated, too many bends in the story. I hope the rest of the Spanish population are not like these characters, none of them are particularly nice people. There doesn't seem to be any hero to sympathise with. But I still want to know the end of the story so I'm sticking with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

watching the athletics world championships just now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Rubecula wrote: »
    watching the athletics world championships just now.

Yes, same here. Glued to it since Friday. A great week promises.

Saw the women's marathon today. Brilliant, exciting finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

sat here and watched it too. what a race!:)

Advertisement