Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postage stamps

• 17-02-2012 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Anyone know of any charities that accept postage stamps for fundraising?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

noodles80 wrote: »

Where are you based? Many Churches (particularly Catholic) have a small box inside the door. The items are normally sent on to their missions who operate in the developing world and sold to raise funds.

If your in the North there is some collection points for a few charities (offhand I think the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds is one) and they accept postal contributions in certain circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭easterbride

I send mine every year to: St. Patrick's, Kiltegan, Co. Wicklow,
    Ireland. It helps their mission work abroad and the priest always sends a little thank you letter/prayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 pollypierce

noodles80 wrote: »

Hi, I am collecting issued & unused postage stamps for the Offaly Dyslexia Group.

We are a non-profit group, part of the Dyslexia Association of Ireland and our aim is to provide literacy workshops for children & adults with Dyslexia.

Look us up on facebook or our website <http://offalydyslexiagroup.org>;

• Registered Users Posts: 31 pollypierce

I am no longer collecting stamps for The Offaly Dyslexia Group.
    Hi, I am collecting issued & unused postage stamps for the Offaly Dyslexia Group.

We are a non-profit group, part of the Dyslexia Association of Ireland and our aim is to provide literacy workshops for children & adults with Dyslexia.

Please direct any future donations to another worthy charity such as the Irish Peatlands Conservation Council, etc

Many thanks for all previous donations your generosity has been astounding!

Polly

Advertisement