Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unbe-f**kin-lievable - ITV

• 24-04-2005 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

How f**kin **** were ITV?!

Taking a break for 2 of the last 3 laps in what was the closest race I can remember in YEARS?!

Then, coming back for the last lap and going to ANOTHER break!!!

:mad:

I'm very f**kin' pissed off if you can't tell.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭dor83

I know I was going to throw the remote at the TV coz of that, and it was the first time I wished that RTE were still showing it. Great race though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Even my Mrs. who's an F1 widow, awoke from her nap to watch the end of the race said at the time "what the f**k are they doing?!" and then "sher they only just took a break".

Their lame attempts at appeasement were too little too late. Showing the last 3 laps of the race after they show Schumacher didn't catch him...not on ITV!

I went to look for the ITV - F1 Forum but I don't think it's there anymore...bastards!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

Those swines!!

I hope they get fleas! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

It was a rediculous time to go to a break. Even that wouldn't make me want to switch to RTE though. ;)

What a brilliant race though. I can't remember the last time we saw a real scrap for 1st place... hopefully there will be more as the season progresses. Is anyone else scared by the performance of the Ferrari though? 2 seconds a lap quicker than anyone else! Schumacher looked gutted at the press conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

http://tinyurl.com/azuoe. go here to leave some negative feedback on the itv site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

More here!

They are a shower.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Do you remember Silverstone when that mad priest ran out. The commentators were building up to the ad breaks then just before they cut to the break, James Allen starts shouting about a guy running onto the track.

What did they do?!

Still went to the ads.

I have to admit I love ITV's coverage. 90% of which is due to Martin Brundle. Blundell can be slightly tolerated when he's not confessing his love for Montoya. James Allen is a contrived Murray Walker. It feels like everything spontaneous he says is scripted.

If the BBC could get Ben Edwards & Martin Brundle and show the races live I would surely say "**** you very much ITV".

I just feel so robbed of the edge of my seat stuff that the laps had been building up to .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

I've just sent ITV a very, very angry e-mail through that feedback link there now.

All I can say is....... ITV....... BASTARDS! :mad:

Hope the BBC gets the rights back when ITV's contract expires in a few years time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hope the BBC gets the rights back when ITV's contract expires in a few years time.

I would'nt hold my breath, BBC is'nt pushing out the boat to aquire new sporting rights and with F1 popularity on the slide a bit they may not see any good reason to bother. Not when there's Crown Green Bowling rights to renew! :D

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Martin Brundle is a motorsport commentator God but the other ITV guys are pretty good too. I've never really understood what Louise what's her face is doing there. She doesn't know anything, she sounds like she has a mouth full of food when she's talking, and she's not good looking. Come on this is motorsport, minimally they should have some spandex wearing babe as part of the "team".

Gary Anderson tries to insert the odd bit of usefulness in the Setanta coverage, but the other two guys are complete spanners. It hurts to listen to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,247 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I was so shocked by what ITV did that I did the unthinkable and switched over to Setanta for the last couple of laps. And what did I find there? Celtic vs Rangers! Bloody crappy Scottish football. When will that lot realise that the SPL is not real football and nobody gives a crap? They could have had their highest ratings ever for those last few laps if they'd got their priorities straight. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Yeah shame Setanta showed the footie live rather then the GP.
    Thank god the football is nearly over so we can flick over while the ads are on ITV.
    Strangely I went shopping after the GP was over. Damn those ITV feckers and their ad breaks.Bought myself a LG fridge,TV,phone and two cars :D:D:D

Come on we want to watch racing not ads. :mad:

Advertisement