Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

British and Irish Lions vs Western Force, Wed 5 June 11am; Sky Sports 1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

some kicking from halfpenny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Will want to be some display to keep BOD, SOB, and Heaslip off the starting test team (early I know)
    The Hpenny has it nailed too, awsome kicking, and will help Sexton concentrate on his game. Should work in his favour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Great run from North, leg drive from Heaslip and nice finish from Vunipola(sp?)

10-41 Lions 52 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Metronomic kicking from Halfpenny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

I can see now why wilkinson wasn't called up you have half Penny and if he fails you have Sexton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

lads halfpennys kicking is outrageous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

seanm92 wrote: »
    Agreed, I think he's been very good in the way he's handled the game, Rolland hardly played professionally did he? Pity a few front rowers wouldn't become referees, might help with the scrums a lot

Rolland played with Leinster & has a couple of Irish caps too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,376 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Taken a serious disliking to that Force number 9

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Swiwi wrote: »
    I don't understand how people keep questioning HP's selection. Goalkicking or not, he's an immaculate fullback. As it is, with his world class goalkicking he's more certain than certain.

What's that - 3 or 4 touchline conversions?

Yeah at the moment there's absolutely no looking past him. If Kearney wants to challenge him he needs to play like 2009

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Sexton's line kicking is very underrated, spot on so far

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 373 ✭✭Ruck Inspector

is evans even on the pitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭crisco10

stackerman wrote: »
    Will want to be some display to keep BOD, SOB, and Heaslip off the starting test team (early I know)
    The Hpenny has it nailed too, awsome kicking, and will help Sexton concentrate on his game. Should work in his favour.

SOB and Heaslip make it? hard to see...That would mean not picking three of Lydiate (a Gatland favourite), Falaetau (the best 8 in the 6 nations and a Gatland fave), Tupuric (himself in great form, brilliant on Saturday) and Warburton (Tour Captain)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

Glen Jackson has been great btw, really like him since he took up the whistle.

Is he the first ref at this level with professional playing experience?

I think Wayne Erikson played prop at a high level. Dreadful referee though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

Lets just hope there's nothing in the biting stuff.

Especially since Healy was asked by the media about being targetted in the warm up games after his indiscipline against England, it'd be very disappointing if he resorted to foul play after only 15 mins.

Lets just hope there's nothing in the biting stuff.

just have to wait and see. it be a shame to see some one go out, for something silly as that, just like Dylan when he used Language on the reg

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

is evans even on the pitch?

What do you think Ian Evans responsibilies are?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

trouttrout wrote: »
    In this form Vunipola could be the dark horse to start a test, even if Healy is fit and able

Vunipola would be perfect impact player to come off the bench once a few holes start to appear, his ball carrying is impressive to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 24,816 ✭✭✭✭emmet02

Yeah at the moment there's absolutely no looking past him. If Kearney wants to challenge him he needs to play like 2009

Don't think Kearney could do anything to force himself ahead of Halfpenny tbh.

With 1/2p kicking like this he's worth +3 points per game ahead of Sexton at first choice kicker.

Kearney would need to be in try scoring form to a ridiculous extent and bring defence up some levels too to be in with a shout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

Christ. Halfpenny and his boot have my knickers wet. Unreal stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

Really liking the look of Vunipola alright.

Sexton's kicking from hand has been spot on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

AdamD wrote: »
    Taken a serious disliking to that Force number 9

I want to bite him:eek:

hope there's some better opposition coming up otherwise the Lions might risk going in to tests undercooked

• Registered Users Posts: 24,816 ✭✭✭✭emmet02

What do you think Ian Evans responsibilies are?

Hide

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Principal Skinner

Does north ever pass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Croft has been really quiet

Hersheys wrote: »
    Christ. Halfpenny and his boot have my knickers wet. Unreal stuff.

maybe if you washed them once in a while they stay Dry

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 373 ✭✭Ruck Inspector

North at his destructive best, Bowe and BOD quiet but when they get the ball they've been impressive

Nice one Tommy, your playing very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Well done Tommy, super pass from Murray

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Lovely wide pass by Murray for that Bowe try

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

Ok, the Leinster lads & Bowe have had stormers. POC has also gone up, the Lions locks have been pretty quiet today.

Advertisement