Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭lurtz

As expected, D'Arcy and Birch will be leaving at the end of the season

yeah birch is off to rotherham,wheres darcy going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

lurtz wrote: »
    yeah birch is off to rotherham,wheres darcy going?

Doesn't seem to have anywhere confirmed but the rumour was France.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

Aegen I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

Hi folks, working late tonight with no access to a TV...

Do you know if I can watch this match online?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭overshoot

rte & bbc2NI are showing it so id imagine it will be on their iplayers too... short of that there are always alternatives...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

damianmcr wrote: »
    Aegen I think.

Agen are in big trouble financially, they could be relegated to Federale 1 (the division below ProD2). They have been forced to cut the player numbers and cut the wages of those still there. I'm not sure if D'Arcy wants to go there tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭RoundBox11

• Administrators Posts: 53,125 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

#ourDS

;)

We owe this lot, big time. Going to be a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,724 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Any chance whatsoever that Ulster and Leinster might have had a private chat in the build up to the semis last week and said look if we both make the final shall we move it to the Aviva? I guess they wouldn't have publicly acknowledged that as it might have been seen as counting chickens by the Scarlets and Glasgow. It's obviously unlikely but surely a league final between Ireland's oldest rivals could sell out the Aviva. Ulster brought 35,000 down last year for a HEC semi final, I'd say we could bring 25,000 down for a league final quite easily.

All unlikely I know but it would be nice.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Not gonna happen. We've already opened the STH lottery for tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭overshoot

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Not gonna happen. We've already opened the STH lottery for tickets.

id agree... (personally speaking id love it to be in Aviva as it would give me a shot at tickets) but I think it being in Aviva would give leinster an ability to get a slightly bigger crowd and Ulster want to keep it neutral. Lets face it if it wasn't leinster Ulster would have been guaranteed the bigger crowd

overshoot wrote: »
    id agree... (personally speaking id love it to be in Aviva as it would give me a shot at tickets) but I think it being in Aviva would give leinster an ability to get a slightly bigger crowd and Ulster want to keep it neutral. Lets face it if it wasn't leinster Ulster would have been guaranteed the bigger crowd

I don't think Leinster would have got a bigger crowd if Ulster ha sold their allocation.

Nevertheless something Ive heard is that Ulster did in fact nominate the Aviva but the Pro 12 said no saying it wouldn't sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

bilston wrote: »
    I don't think Leinster would have got a bigger crowd if Ulster ha sold their allocation.

Nevertheless something Ive heard is that Ulster did in fact nominate the Aviva but the Pro 12 said no saying it wouldn't sell out.

That's interesting. If ticket prices were reasonable, they would have got a hell of a crowd at the Aviva. As a Leinster supporter, I would feel that we are slightly advantaged by being in the RDS, but you beat us well last time. The way you played on Friday night, I can't see any Rabo team beating you, anywhere, but Leinster will be well pumped up and this match will be a cracker. Can't wait!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I presume Ulster will have the home dressing room for the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Stanza2

CatFromHue wrote: »

Yes, suppose so, but don't think that it will bother Leinster one bit which dressing room they use. After that Glasgow game they would be glad to be in any dressing room !

Think it's what takes to the pitch that counts, not where you tog out.

189561_473791886033249_1977800473_n.jpg

incrediblehulk033108-1.jpg

CatFromHue wrote: »

Not necessarily. The top seeded side get to nominate the ground but after that I think it's a neutral ground so it may be a toss of a coin to decide who gets the home changing room.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

bilston wrote: »
    Not necessarily. The top seeded side get to nominate the ground but after that I think it's a neutral ground so it may be a toss of a coin to decide who gets the home changing room.

I somehow doubt either team will care which changing room they get.

vienne86 wrote: »
    I somehow doubt either team will care which changing room they get.

Hmmmm I'd say Ulster would want to make it as much of a non home match for Leinster as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

As a neutral I thought it was a poor game to be honest. I thought Ulster were better but Rolland and his touch judges helped them along big time. They were awful and I'm normally an admirer of Rolland.
    Ulster have no chance if it's Leinster they meet in the final.
    I'm sorry if this is too negative but it's as i see it.
    I wouldn't get too excited by Nick Williams either,he's very average imho.
    awec wrote: »
    189561_473791886033249_1977800473_n.jpg

incrediblehulk033108-1.jpg

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Someone who's handy at photoshop should make a tanned hulk.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Hagz wrote: »
    Someone who's handy at photoshop should make a tanned hulk.

Or a green Williams.

this is a bit of the topic above but:

has anyone else noticed how poor Sky Sports News coverage is of Pro12 results and games?

Either results are not mentioned/covered at all or the News reader will just say "Ulster beat Scalets to make the final" - and thats it

Now maybe this will change with the rights to games being bought for next season but its something that alway bugged me as you have to consider the amount of sky subscribers living in Ireland, Scotland & Wales who would like to see coverage on power with AP coverage!

Is it just simply down to a rights issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Utah_Saint wrote: »

Yes, I guarantee they will have more coverage on SSN once they broadcast the live games.

this is a bit of the topic above but:

has anyone else noticed how poor Sky Sports News coverage is of Pro12 results and games?

Either results are not mentioned/covered at all or the News reader will just say "Ulster beat Scalets to make the final" - and thats it

Now maybe this will change with the rights to games being bought for next season but its something that alway bugged me as you have to consider the amount of sky subscribers living in Ireland, Scotland & Wales who would like to see coverage on power with AP coverage!

Sky Sports News only really covers events that Sky have the rights to. The FA Cup final barely registered on Sky Sports News at the weekend.

Sky News is a bit different and you'll see the results from the Pro 12 from that on a Saturday morning.

Yes, I guarantee they will have more coverage on SSN once they broadcast the live games.

good, thought we were getting a raw deal :D

sick of seeing coverage of AP 'bosh it up' rugby instead of the free flowing utopia of Pro12 games ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

good, thought we were getting a raw deal :D

sick of seeing coverage of AP 'bosh it up' rugby instead of the free flowing utopia of Pro12 games ;)

To be fair Leicester vs Harlequins was pretty good to watch.

More fantastic news:

http://www.ulsterrugby.com/news/11478.php

Luke Marshall 3 year deal :D

awec wrote: »
    More fantastic news:

http://www.ulsterrugby.com/news/11478.php

Luke Marshall 3 year deal :D

Was wearing a crash helmet part of the deal? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

I see Jamie Smith has been dropped for next season by the NG Dragons. It shows how far Ulster have come in that a few years ago that the likes of Smith and D'arcy got alot of game time..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement