Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sheffield!

• 13-03-2014 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Anybody know if you can fly from any where in Ireland to Sheffield or Doncaster? Have looked on the usual Skyscanner etc but nothing showing up! Or any idea what is the best alternative?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Probably the easiest option is to fly to Manchester, you can get a train direct from the airport to Sheffield or else change in Piccadilly.

There are other options like East Midlands, but there are fewer flights there and you need to do an additional journey, one to Derby train station and then to Sheffield and there aren't as many trains (or at least there weren't when I was looking a few weeks ago).

Make sure to book your train ticket early or it can get expensive.

I usually use www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk for booking trains.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 corfu

Thanks a mill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Would Leeds Bradford not be closer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Would Leeds Bradford not be closer?
    Geograpically, yes, but it's a pain in the hoop. Bus to Leeds then bus or train onwards to Sheffield.

At least flying into MAN you've a choice of airlines and a train every hour to Sheffield. Last time I went that way the train from the airport was going to Sheffield via Picadilly, but no need to change trains, which was handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,764 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Manchester and direct train from the airport to Sheffield is the easiest option. I have done it many times... Also went via East Midlands and it's much less convenient and will cost you more as there is no longer a bus service between East Midlands Parkway station and the airport.

Sheffield is a nice city and the people are great. Pop down to Fagans pub if you get the chance an old style boozer with amazing home cooked food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 corfu

Many thanks to all, Manchester it is:)

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Flew to Sheffield a few times last year, knock to east midlands. very handy!

Advertisement