Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Horizon TV App for Android

• 04-03-2014 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Any testing this app. I registered for the beta trial and downloaded it to my htc 1 . Can see EPG etc but no live tv even though conected to my home upc network.

Anyone testing same app ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Where can you sign up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.lgi.orionandroid

Just got a email advising new version out which gets rid of a lot of errors I was getting.. maybe it works now !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Link not working, is there a google + page to join?

horizon-tv-beta-test-ie@googlegroups.com

I can't find where I joined originally .. You could try emailing

• Registered Users Posts: 19,492 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Yeah, been playing with it for a couple of weeks. Stability is pretty poor, but it's due to improve later today, when the application is updated. I've had some difficulty scheduling remote recordings. It's also frustrating that it won't pre-fetch TV listings for programs later in the day (if you scroll to program later on in the evening, you have to wait while it fetches the necessary TV guide listings). Live TV is good when it works.

Nice to have:
    Links to Rotten Tomatoes/IMDB for TV programs/Movies.
    Swiping left or right should move to the next channel in the guide in single channel view (makes it easier to use the app one-handed on a phone).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

If anyone gets an invite or a link can they fire it on?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

MiCr0 wrote: »
    If anyone gets an invite or a link can they fire it on?

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭iknorr

Does anyone have the apk? Or will someone post the apk?
    ( I assume it will work for anyone once you have a upc login.)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,492 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

iknorr wrote: »
    Does anyone have the apk? Or will someone post the apk?
    ( I assume it will work for anyone once you have a upc login.)
    It integrates directly with the Horizon box (remote recordings, parental settings etc. ) so I'd hazard a guess that it may only work if you have a Horizon box.

The new app is still very buggy. It now lists two horizon boxes and still won't remote record, but now produces dozens of popup boxes to inform me of that fact. Also switching from portrait to landscape can scramble the picture.

• Advertisement

Still cant get app tp work . Got an email From Horizon-TV-Beta group to say they are aware a lot of people cant watch tv on the app and hope to have the bug fixed within a week !

It integrates directly with the Horizon box (remote recordings, parental settings etc. ) so I'd hazard a guess that it may only work if you have a Horizon box.

The new app is still very buggy. It now lists two horizon boxes and still won't remote record, but now produces dozens of popup boxes to inform me of that fact. Also switching from portrait to landscape can scramble the picture.

Sooo... can someone post the apk?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

did everyone not get the email afew weeks back with the link?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

iknorr wrote: »
    Sooo... can someone post the apk?

Yes, it will be helpful if someone can just the apk.

cough....apk?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pabloisme

I've found the app location on the PlayStore, but it can't be installed directly from there yet. Don't know about the legality of sharing apk files, so I'll just outline how I managed to get it.

What I did was, I took the link from the PlayStore
    (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lgi.orionandroid&referrer=utm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26utm_term%3Dgoogle+play+store+horizon+tv)
    and pasted it into this site (which gets the apk file directly):
    http://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/

That should generate a download link to the apk file and then you simply install the app!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭apope8

pabloisme wrote: »
    I've found the app location on the PlayStore, but it can't be installed directly from there yet. Don't know about the legality of sharing apk files, so I'll just outline how I managed to get it.

(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lgi.orionandroid&referrer=utm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26utm_term%3Dgoogle+play+store+horizon+tv)

That should generate a download link to the apk file and then you simply install the app!

Thanks for the above method! Learn something new everyday!

Have to say really impressed with the app on the nexus 7. Hats off to UPC for making a tablet interface. Very good to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

All seems to be working well on my Nexus 7, will try it later on the Nexus 7.
    Haven't come across any bugs as of yet but we'll see..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Thanks for that. And, just to let you know, what you're doing is perfectly legal. It only bypasses regional blocks, and it is in fact getting downloaded by a T-Mobile device in the US. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭leche solara

Great find. but I have a problem. It will work fine for looking at live TV on my Xperia Z1, but on Nexus 7 I get told that "In order to watch this you need to be on a UPC network" I'm using the same UPC wifi for both.

Any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Faz6r

it was released for dutch upc 3 days ago so i reckon ill wait rather than handing over my google log in details to a complete stranger
    where it has access to any credit card information and date of birth ect...
    the nigerians dont even need all these details to scam you so imagine what these fcukers can do with your details!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭south

Great find. but I have a problem. It will work fine for looking at live TV on my Xperia Z1, but on Nexus 7 I get told that "In order to watch this you need to be on a UPC network" I'm using the same UPC wifi for both.

Any suggestions?

Have the same problem using an LG G-pad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

Did the above-works great on xperia sp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

steveone wrote: »
    Did the above-works great on xperia sp

OK update. It runs some channels-such as those on free to air OK but anything satellite based discovery etc hangs after 5 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

south wrote: »
    Have the same problem using an LG G-pad

Ive the same issue on an Ainol Novo , but it works fine on a nexus 10 and Xperia T all on the same network.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

I'm on an S4 running CM11..... I can open the app just fine...view the TV guide etc and log in went just fine.....but I'm not able to actually watch anything live. As soon as I try it force closes.

Shame!

Any non rooted S4 users manage to get any further than I did?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭apope8

I'm on an S4 running CM11..... I can open the app just fine...view the TV guide etc and log in went just fine.....but I'm not able to actually watch anything live. As soon as I try it force closes.

Shame!

Any non rooted S4 users manage to get any further than I did?

I'm on a completely stock S4 and it works perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

apope8 wrote: »
    I'm on a completely stock S4 and it works perfect

Good to know.....thanks :)

Looks like i'm a victim of my own messing about

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I hope the android app is less buggy than the IOS version. Mine seems. To work when it wants on the iPad.

• Advertisement

There was a new version released on the 27th

Advertisement