Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Wasn't too impressed with it...

Speaking of Duff, I'd say his daughter will be feeling the pressure when the tour rolls into Seattle in 8 days time..

• Registered Users Posts: 39,418 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Wasn't too impressed with it...

Speaking of Duff, I'd say his daughter will be feeling the pressure when the tour rolls into Seattle in 8 days time..

Why would his daughter feel pressure other than her dad is a legend playing his home town ? Or have I missed your point lithium.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Why would his daughter feel pressure other than her dad is a legend playing his home town ? Or have I missed your point lithium.

Because his daughter Grace's band The Pink Slips are one of two opening bands for the Seattle show, and the other opener being Alice In Chains.

Because his daughter Grace's band The Pink Slips are one of two opening bands for the Seattle show, and the other opener being Alice In Chains.
    Oh right okay. I knew Alice in chains were supporting didn't his daughter was supporting.

Jesus no pressure than young lady. I couldn't do that.

Oh right okay. I knew Alice in chains were supporting didn't his daughter was supporting.

Jesus no pressure than young lady. I couldn't do that.

Aye..

No pressure indeed..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Here's hoping

Was it the band or management who accidentally leaked the Australia/New Zealand dates?

And if they come to Ireland, big IF, it'd be a Dublin show or shows if we're lucky, and besides isn't PUC in Cork being redeveloped?

Why is it a big IF? I've noticed a fair few in here are not too confident the tour will come here but I'd be stunned if Ireland was left out. Axl, Slash and Duff have all played here several times in recent years.

Why is it a big IF? I've noticed a fair few in here are not too confident the tour will come here but I'd be stunned if Ireland was left out. Axl, Slash and Duff have all played here several times in recent years.

I don't know, probably just being cynical, plus if they were come here, I can just see the Anti-Axl brigade coming out in full force with their usual ****e of him being late/being a diva... Even though he's been well behaved the last few years..

I mean people are still butt hurt over the 2010 show..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

I don't know, probably just being cynical, plus if they were come here, I can just see the Anti-Axl brigade coming out in full force with their usual ****e of him being late/being a diva... Even though he's been well behaved the last few years..

I mean people are still butt hurt over the 2010 show..

Ah fuk em

• Registered Users Posts: 19,575 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Ah fuk em

Took the words out of my mouth.

Shut yer f*ckin holes.

Ah fuk em
    Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Took the words out of my mouth.

Shut yer f*ckin holes.

Got to agree with the both of ye, guess people love bitching just for the sake of it, hell Axl's the one laughing now, putting in solid performances with Guns, and stepping in for Brian Johnson in AC/DC..

• Advertisement

Have to say I was sceptical of how it would all pan out at the start and then throw in the whole Axl/DC arrangement in to the mix I honestly tought it wouldn't have a happy ending.
    But Axl and co have proven all the sceptics wrong and has shown the world he's in the "if carlsberg done rock stars territory "
    Hell even the majority of AC/DC fans have warmed to him and that's saying something.
    So unless you've no interest in music and living under rock since April you would of heard Axl and Gnr 2016 are a serious live band putting on a show band half their age can only aspire to
    The naysayers are exactly that naysayers good luck to them and ef em

• Registered Users Posts: 19,575 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

This day next week I'm going to actually see the mad bastards.

Literally never thought I'd see the day.

Have to say I was sceptical of how it would all pan out at the start and then throw in the whole Axl/DC arrangement in to the mix I honestly tought it wouldn't have a happy ending.
    But Axl and co have proven all the sceptics wrong and has shown the world he's in the "if carlsberg done rock stars territory "
    Hell even the majority of AC/DC fans have warmed to him and that's saying something.
    So unless you've no interest in music and living under rock since April you would of heard Axl and Gnr 2016 are a serious live band putting on a show band half their age can only aspire to
    The naysayers are exactly that naysayers good luck to them and ef em

I think everyone (myself included) were ready to stick the knife into Axl, when the Coachella shows were first announced in January, and when he was announced to be stepping in for Brian, then again everyone was probably worried what he'd sound like vocals wise, I mean he hadn't been heard live since June 2014.. But so far, so good, and I'm happy to be proven wrong, I tip my hat to Axl for going all in with both bands.. Long may it last I say.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    This day next week I'm going to actually see the mad bastards.

Literally never thought I'd see the day.

Enjoy it..

A minor mishap in Houston last night.

There was a problem during November Rain, Axl stops the song at 2:06

Can be heard better in this video

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

A minor mishap in Houston last night.

There was a problem during November Rain, Axl stops the song at 2:06

Can be heard better in this video

and so it begins... :pac::pac::pac::pac:

scudzilla wrote: »
    and so it begins... :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Wonder what Slash & Duff thought when they heard Axl say stop :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

"Is it STILL 1993!!!???"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

FFS, the asshole is back.

Okay what is alleged to have happened for Axl to say stop ? I didn't detect a mishap by the rest of the band. It sounded like November rain to me.

Okay what is alleged to have happened for Axl to say stop ? I didn't detect a mishap by the rest of the band. It sounded like November rain to me.

It wasn't a mishap on the band's part. Listen to the 2nd video and at 2:06 in, you can hear a weird sound, I don't know how to describe it, listen with headphones and volume turned up..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

It wasn't a mishap on the band's part. Listen to the 2nd video and at 2:06 in, you can hear a weird sound, I don't know how to describe it, listen with headphones and volume turned up..

The direction that Axl seems to be lookign at is towards the woman keyboard player, and i think that strange sound is piano/keyboard keys, maybe she decided to add to the song and he got pissed, that's the only explanation i can think of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭RayK0309

Sounds to me like (one of the ((he/she)) extra key-board's) can't keep time)...what does one say instead of Jesus Christ?!..terrible father.....

scudzilla wrote: »
    The direction that Axl seems to be lookign at is towards the woman keyboard player, and i think that strange sound is piano/keyboard keys, maybe she decided to add to the song and he got pissed, that's the only explanation i can think of

Think he was looking in Dizzy's direction and not Melissa's, that's what it looked like to me..

Either that or someone's in his ear backstage and talking to him trying to explain what's happening/why the malfunction..

It was just a tech fault with Axl's piano on the break down just before the coda for Nov rain he mentions gremlins or ghosts in the piano.
    All the media reviews of the gig give s small mention to it but commend Axl on how he handled it and got on with the song.
    I suppose be thankful for small mercies back in 91-93 he probably would of fuked the piano in to the crowd and feked off for the night. Ahhhhh you'd nearly miss mad Axl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭RayK0309

Damn, I must've been high last night! The whole thing is kind of tame so far. New music needed pronto.

Just watched a better clip of the faulty piano incident and the direct quote from Axl before the coda is " I don't mind ghosts or gremlins but they should probably learn the fukin song. " rock on Axl

Seeing as today marks 24 years since the Montreal riot.. Some of the gig, before it all went to hell in a hand basket

The Montreal riot were the citizens of said city getting the hump over one set being cut short over the singer of one band getting badly burned and the other band(GNR) not going on stage quickly enough and then leaving after only a few songs.

That was still no reason to damage parts of their own city.

• Advertisement

The Montreal riot were the citizens of said city getting the hump over one set being cut short over the singer of one band getting badly burned and the other band(GNR) not going on stage quickly enough and then leaving after only a few songs.

That was still no reason to damage parts of their own city.

Think it was more to do with on stage monitors and Axl not being able to hear himself properly rather than Guns not going onstage quick enough..
    After a long delay, during which the audience became increasingly restless, Guns N' Roses took the stage. However, the shortened time between sets did not allow for adequate tuning of stage monitors, resulting in musicians not being able to hear themselves.

Advertisement