Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

another few twists in the tale

gnr selling original line up merchandise and richard fortus siad in an interview 'guns n roses will probly be doing something next year'.

huge rumour the orginal gnr are headlining leeds and reading festivals next year

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

would back to Slane be too much to ask for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

horgan_p wrote: »
    would back to Slane be too much to ask for ?

Well let's see if the rumours of them getting back together sre true first.

please god will slash, axl,duff or any of the original members please come out and say its true or its not getting a bit fed of all this speculation

latest is there playing leeds/reading or glastonbury next year ??? and a reunion is definate because they started selling orginal member merchandise on there offical website.

I think we will see them in Ireland in 2017 not next year unless its a world tour. Croke park would be fine with me (although the residents will have a hissy fit)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    please god will slash, axl,duff or any of the original members please come out and say its true or its not getting a bit fed of all this speculation

latest is there playing leeds/reading or glastonbury next year ??? and a reunion is definate because they started selling orginal member merchandise on there offical website.

I think we will see them in Ireland in 2017 not next year unless its a world tour. Croke park would be fine with me (although the residents will have a hissy fit)

You know that either of them aren't going to do that, fan the flames, keep the fans guessing, though at some point it does begin to wear thin..

Where have the Reading/Leeds & Glastonbury rumours come from??

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    You know that either of them aren't going to do that, fan the flames, keep the fans guessing, though at some point it does begin to wear thin..

Where have the Reading/Leeds & Glastonbury rumours come from??

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Guns-N-Roses-tipped-Reading-Festival-headline/story-28267771-detail/story.html

http://www.itv.com/news/west/update/2015-11-30/guns-nroses-for-glastonbury/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The original Guns N' Roses line-up are reportedly set to play two UK festivals in two years' time.

Loaded claims that an insider source has said the original band line-up will headline the Isle Of Wight and Download festival in 2017.

It's believed that a comeback tour won’t happen for another two years to allow Rose and Slash complete all their existing commitments.

Rose apparently wants to play more gigs in 2016 to show some loyalty to his existing bandmates, who have toured under the Guns N’ Roses name ever since guitarist Slash and fellow original members Duff McKagan and Steven Adler left during the 1990s.

It is also thought that the band have ruled out any plans to headline Glastonbury with the source adding: "The simple truth is that Glastonbury doesn’t pay enough money to its headliners for GN’R to consider playing there. Also, Michael Eavis doesn’t have many hard rock acts at Glastonbury and everyone in the camp wants the comeback to be as hard and heavy as possible."

Rumours that Guns N' Roses will reunite in 2016 recently increased after the band began selling new merchandise that features the group’s original line-up.

Blankets and a hockey jersey emblazoned with the band's 'Appetite For Destruction' album cover were placed online. Cartoon versions of the five original band members as skeletons were also made available.

Slash and Axl Rose have previously feuded over the trademarks of the band's old logos in the past, suggesting that the pair have come to an agreement of some sort to sell the new merchandise.

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/90142?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=gunsnroses#IUhoMz62yPyHrYX3.99

• Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Damn fine trolling by axl.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,631 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Maybe......just maybe.......there could be an announcement on New Year's Day??

Just a guess....?

• Advertisement

This teaser has apparently being played in cinemas before Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

https://youtu.be/QopDUuxq3D4

Feeling more confident of something happen now after seeing that trailer but I still don't know.

Don't think they will play Ireland til 2017 slane or croke park being the venue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

gunsnroses.com has been updated to show the old logo.

gunsnroses.com has been updated to show the old logo.
    It could be a documentary or there releasing a new greatest hits collection.

2016 could be a good year if a reunion happens. We will then see how much of a mess the new gnr were .

It could be a documentary or there releasing a new greatest hits collection.

2016 could be a good year if a reunion happens. We will then see how much of a mess the new gnr were .

I'd actually prefer if it was a release of 'Perfect Crime',the documentary they were working on during the illusion tour.

Maybe it's just me but it seems like as soon as people heard axl and slash were talking they put 2 & 2 together and got 5! None of the original gang,Adler excepted,have been clamouring to reunite.

Check out mygnrforum.com

There conveinced a reunion is happening

Check out mygnrforum.com

There conveinced a reunion is happening

Just had a look at it,that's 20 minutes of my life I'm never getting back. That place is still full of loopers!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Isn't Slash doing well enough with his solo stuff, hard to know but it seems like he doesn't need the money, I remember reading his book and he got sick of Axl's antics, would he be willing to put himself through all that nonsense again for the money when he seems to be financially secure.

That's probably doubt I would have about this reunion going ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Isn't Slash doing well enough with his solo stuff, hard to know but it seems like he doesn't need the money, I remember reading his book and he got sick of Axl's antics, would he be willing to put himself through all that nonsense again for the money when he seems to be financially secure.

That's probably doubt I would have about this reunion going ahead.

To be fair, that was 20 years ago and neither side has since reached those heights again. Time heals all wounds and a fuck load of money doesn't hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Headlining Coachella next year

• Advertisement

From the billboard report they said the band are asking for 3 million dollars per show and ticket prices will range from 250-275 per show

I'm sure mcd will try and bring them over here but 3 million would be a lot to pay. It would have to be croke park or slane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Rock journo Mitch Lafon is hinting that GNR will appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live on January 6th.

https://twitter.com/mitchlafon/status/681993202270732288

Interesting times. If it turns out that Izzy and Steven are not a part of this I'd be very disappointed, especially over Izzy. I mean, I can see why he might not go for it but it wouldn't be the same. With Steven, there's just the potential for some serious problems. They just couldn't afford to have him **** things up for the rest of them (again!) so Sorum is by far the safer bet.

Rock journo Mitch Lafon is hinting that GNR will appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live on January 6th.

https://twitter.com/mitchlafon/status/681993202270732288

Interesting times. If it turns out that Izzy and Steven are not a part of this I'd be very disappointed, especially over Izzy. I mean, I can see why he might not go for it but it wouldn't be the same. With Steven, there's just the potential for some serious problems. They just couldn't afford to have him **** things up for the rest of them (again!) so Sorum is by far the safer bet.

as crazy as it sounds im not too downhearted by the absence of Izzy because im happy enough with Slash and Duff joining again. would like to see Sorum or Adler on the drums. A dude like Frank Ferrer would not suite this line up.

its going to be epic. hopefully they play Ireland at some stage. The 2010 disaster is long forgotten and slash loves playing here but like many irish concerts this one will be full of uninterested gits who will ruin it for real fans. Ive seen people post reunion news on facebook that would only knw SWCOM and lets just say they would not be ur standard rock fan lol.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/axl-rose-to-talk-guns-n-roses-on-jimmy-kimmel-live-20151230

A twist In the tale ???.

Will be rightly pissed off if the reunion talk was all bull

Why would axl go on Jimmy kimmel to say that the reunion rumours are bollocks ? He could have done it with a statement like for the rock n roll hall of fame. No, he's going to tell us something that's big.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Why would axl go on Jimmy kimmel to say that the reunion rumours are bollocks ? He could have done it with a statement like for the rock n roll hall of fame. No, he's going to tell us something that's big.

Axl is unpredictable so it could be anything lol. Looking forward to the announcement and hopefully we will see a show over these shores in 2016.

Kind of regret getting the live in Vegas DVD now with the new lineup. Could be a blip in gnr history the Chinese democracy era

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Axl is unpredictable so it could be anything lol. Looking forward to the announcement and hopefully we will see a show over these shores in 2016.

Kind of regret getting the live in Vegas DVD now with the new lineup. Could be a blip in gnr history the Chinese democracy era

Why? It's the best clearly the best official DVD they have released

Also new line up?? :D
    Apart from Axl on that release

Dizzy Reed (1990-)
    Tommy Stinson (1998-)
    Chris Pitman (1998-)
    Richard Fortus (2002-)
    Frank Ferrer (2006-)

Departed: DJ Ashba (2009-2015), Bumblefoot (2006-2014)

DJ Ashba aside these newbies have outlasted the key former members in the band their most known for.

Why? It's the best clearly the best official DVD they have released

Also new line up?? :D
    Apart from Axl on that release

Dizzy Reed (1990-)
    Tommy Stinson (1998-)
    Chris Pitman (1998-)
    Richard Fortus (2002-)
    Frank Ferrer (2006-)

Departed: DJ Ashba (2009-2015), Bumblefoot (2006-2014)

DJ Ashba aside these newbies have outlasted the key former members in the band their most known for.
    That's funny when you look at how long Stinson and fortus have been in guns n roses compared to slash and maybe Duff. Slash was 1985-1996(11 years) and duff was 1985-1998(13 years)

Would a reformed guns n roses fil croke park for a gig if they came around this way ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    That's funny when you look at how long Stinson and fortus have been in guns n roses compared to slash and maybe Duff. Slash was 1985-1996(11 years) and duff was 1985-1998(13 years)

Would a reformed guns n roses fil croke park for a gig if they came around this way ?

Deff but wud be full of bandwagoners. The residents will have fits if they play there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Deff but wud be full of bandwagoners. The residents will have fits if they play there

Be great craic, especially if dickhead decides to go onstage at 1am then you'll have 70,000 people hitting the streets at 3am :pac::pac:

Advertisement