Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ireland to go down the Electric car route?

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Great programme that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭reboot

thebman wrote: »
    The problem with the Leaf and other electric cars is quite simply distance on a charge sucks donkey balls.

People say, oh this will get better with time but it is useless now for most people. Even people that only occasionally want to go on a long distance journey would prefer to take their 30,000 car than have to leave it at home and take public transport.

They are particularly screwed if they want to go to an area public transport doesn't service as in a scenic area as these areas are very unlikely to have a fast charge station at them and your not going to be able to ask for a jump charge of a friendly passer by.

I was genuinely looking a getting the leaf as I'm looking to switch cars and held off until the prices and details were announced but it seems most of the negative press about it is completely accurate as it is also featured on Nissans website.
    I take your point, and wonder if the introduction of the Renault Zoe at a much cheaper price down South might be a solution. It will charge from the 22kva points in half the time it takes a Leaf to charge AC. UK price around 13 K Sterling. Its a great little car.

Advertisement