Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wifi problem HTC One X Android 4.2.2 Sense 5

• 04-09-2013 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭

Since I updated my firmware at the weekend I can't pick up any wifi signals at all.

Has anyone else got this problem?

Any fixes for it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Daverk

Can you give more specific information? What,router, service are you using? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Please bear in mind that the One X is notorious for Wifi problems already.

Check if you squeeze the front and back of the phone together near the top right corner if it improves the signal. If so, you've got the usual One X Wifi problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

I've no problems at all with the update, same phone etc. Wifi works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

MY WiFi has been a bit flakey the last while as well

• Registered Users Posts: 19 grahamb1

since the update my htc one x camera and most of the sensors auto rota gps light sensors all stopped working its a known issue .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Pique

Sorry for the delay in updating.

It's not a general problem with the wifi as I've discovered. Using a Thomson router is fine, as is the work wifi.

However, the DigiWeb FritzBox 7360 is an unknown entity as far as my phone is concerned. Doesn't exist. I've got WiFi Analyser downloaded and it doesn't see it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Pique

Please bear in mind that the One X is notorious for Wifi problems already.

Check if you squeeze the front and back of the phone together near the top right corner if it improves the signal. If so, you've got the usual One X Wifi problem.

I've a more serious problem in that area of the phone. I dropped the phone from a couch onto a wooden floor and since then the feckin SIM card loses contact and needs a squeeze to get the phone to see it again. I've a bit of masking tape behind the SIM to try to improve things but the case I have is very tight and must flex the phone ever so slightly to make it lose contact so I am sans-case atm.

A fatter SIM would solve that particular problem nicely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manti452

Actually yeah I've had the same wifi issues.

On UPC at home and had no problem with picking up a signal anywhere in my house and since the update (same router, same phone, same case on the phone etc) I can't get a signal in my bedroom and can't get a signal in my Mams house from her Sky box out in the hall when I'm in the sitting room.

The wifi also turns itself on randomly (I've checked my settings it's only on always when charging) and when I turn it on it takes ages to actually activate.

Topping it off something is killing the fck out of my battery.. It's a joke.. I can watch it drop 2/3 at a time :(

Sorry but this isn't anything that can be explained by a router.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Similar wifi issues here, not with it turning off or dropping signal but seemingly reduced range around the house since the update like manti452 reports.

No change in broadband provider, router or its position since the update so can only put it down to something in the software.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Sure Thing

Same issue here exactly. Unreliable connection to both my wireless routers, diminished range and throughput down nearly 90%. Was working perfectly before the update.

• Advertisement

There is a known WiFi problem with this due to a broken wireless antenna. I emailed them and got nothing back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

6 feet from my UPC Horizon box I get 1 bar WiFi signal...Bull****!

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

I have the same problem, called HTC and they said it's a known problem with the latest update. No date for fix as yet. This is a joke TBH. My phone just back from repair also so no idea what caused the issue.
    If I send it away again it will take another 2 weeks.. Jaysus....

Dermighty wrote: »
    6 feet from my UPC Horizon box I get 1 bar WiFi signal...Bull****!

I am getting them same since 4.2.2 update next to my router.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 PorridgeHead

Same problems here.

Wifi was trying to connect to APs (if it could even see them), but would not authenticate.

All the talk about connection to 5MHz and 2.4MHz or the brand of AP/Router is a load of pants! If the stupid bit of kit is choosy about what kind of AP it will work with, that means WiFi in pubs, hotels, busses, airports, offices, etc. are useless to us One X owners.

One X was sent back to HTC UK Repair Ctr. 3 weeks ago, repaired and returned. Lots of parts replaced, but No better.
    In fact it seemed worse. It started to drop Bluetooth connection to the car kit, with a frequency similar to the WiFi search function.

So I sent it back again. Just received an email from HTC Service this morning saying that the phone was being returned today. So I rang them to find out if a fault was found. ..... "Yes Sir, I can see on the job record that parts were replaced".

OK HTC, so why was it not Fxxxing working and tested properly after it was repaired 3 weeks ago?

If it is still not working, then I can send it back a 3rd time (and for some reason their courier has NEVER arrived to collect it in Ireland). At this rate, it will be out of warranty by the time they conclude that the One X is toast!

I have been a LONG TIME LOYAL HTC PUNTER having had the TYTN, TYTNII, Hero, HD2, HD7, Flyer 512, Desire Z, and then the One X.

Given that there is such worldwide confirmation of the problems with the One X, which HTC finally owned up to, WHY do they ruin their reputation by treating customers like shxt? Do they not understand the pain in the Arse and time it takes to reinstall all APPS and configure the unit after each "please do a Hard Reset Sir", and what phone are you supposed to use during the 2 week return to base cycle?

I was going to go HTC ONE, but SONY or Motorola is looking more likely now. I like HTC Sense, but owning a HTC no longer makes sense!

What you describe is near to exact my experience, phone repaired and now worse, they replaced my board etc but I would say they replaced with a worse one..... I would even say they probably replaced the same parts on yours as they did on mine.....

I too was looking at getting a one but am also looking at the Sony Z1 or the soon to be released Nexus 5 as an alternative cause my last 2 experiences with HTC have lead to handset issues.

I also reported the last issue with the handset 4 days ago and nothing from customer care.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bjp1967

I updated my HTC One X+ last week to version 4.2.2, since then I have been unable to send txt messages, the problem is when I type message and press sent button it is unresponsive, no problem receiving messages and typing, it is just the send button wont work.

anybody have this issue!!!

What is HTC customer care email address please

UPDATE.
    Received my One X back from HTC (Regenersis) on Friday, after its 2nd visit to them in succession.
    Absolutely Not Fixed.
    Could not connect to WiFi.
    I have sent it back to them again, demanding a replacement, which they agreed to..... BUT......
    They want to replace it with a REMANUFACTURED unit.

I wrote to them to say that they had effectively remanufactured mine TWICE already and failed to fix the problem (or even test it properly after repair) and that I had no confidence in their Remanufactured units.

Let's see what happens.

UPDATE.
    Received my One X back from HTC (Regenersis) on Friday, after its 2nd visit to them in succession.
    Absolutely Not Fixed.
    Could not connect to WiFi.
    I have sent it back to them again, demanding a replacement, which they agreed to..... BUT......
    They want to replace it with a REMANUFACTURED unit.

I wrote to them to say that they had effectively remanufactured mine TWICE already and failed to fix the problem (or even test it properly after repair) and that I had no confidence in their Remanufactured units.

Let's see what happens.

What did ye use to contact HTC? They haven't respond to me

naughtb4 wrote: »
    What did ye use to contact HTC? They haven't respond to me

To contact HTC (from Ireland)
    1800 995 482. They will give you a ticket number.
    Then to send them something (including letter as attachment) http://www.htc.com/ie/contact/email/ For some reason it wouldn't work in IE 10, but Google Chrome worked fine.

But I know what you mean. HTC do their best to keep you at arms length away from them and won't provide a direct email contact. Typical bloody Taiwanese aftersales.

AND... Let them know on https://www.facebook.com/htcie?fref=ts

• Advertisement

Cheers finally heard back today giving me a list of option with different issues.

Its a shame cos its my favourite phone iv ever had, but its such a killer issue

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Daverk

I reported this issue to htc but got the run around, saying it's Google that I need to contact. Took a month to respond, but no constructive help

Daverk

I got a response today saying it will be taken to the Repair Centre after only two emails.
    This is definitly a HTC issue (though i suspect you knwo that already)

They also took mine back on Friday with the same issue.

Talk about a "run around".
    HTC have admitted that the phone is faulty and will be replaced... HOWEVER.....
    "subject to parts availability".

Apparantly HTC don't actually issue a replacement device. Their Global Repair Partner "Manufactures" a replacement device, "Subject to Parts Availability".

I assume therefore that they re-use bits from phones that were previously returned as "faulty" and add in parts. What is the point? The same people have already attempted to "Repair" the device with "NEW PARTS".

The only people getting a result out of this ridiculous gombean process is the Service Agent. I bet you that the cost is higher than if HTC just replaced the device with a new one.

I'm without my phone now since early July. I'm not prepared to wait another 3 months, http://www.consumerhelp.ie/faulty-goods

Talk about a "run around".
    HTC have admitted that the phone is faulty and will be replaced... HOWEVER.....
    "subject to parts availability".

Apparantly HTC don't actually issue a replacement device. Their Global Repair Partner "Manufactures" a replacement device, "Subject to Parts Availability".

I assume therefore that they re-use bits from phones that were previously returned as "faulty" and add in parts. What is the point? The same people have already attempted to "Repair" the device with "NEW PARTS".

The only people getting a result out of this ridiculous gombean process is the Service Agent. I bet you that the cost is higher than if HTC just replaced the device with a new one.

I'm without my phone now since early July. I'm not prepared to wait another 3 months, http://www.consumerhelp.ie/faulty-goods

Wow that is making me wary of giving it to them, even ten days seemed like alot to me!

Wow that is making me wary of giving it to them, even ten days seemed like alot to me!

Mine was away for over 2 weeks the last time I sent it away !

irelandjoe wrote: »
    Mine was away for over 2 weeks the last time I sent it away !

Im due an upgrade in two days, might just upgrade, send it away to be fixed and sell it then.

Seems less hassle

Im due an upgrade in two days, might just upgrade, send it away to be fixed and sell it then.

Seems less hassle

I already got my upgrade call from three but contract not up until Dec 16th. tempted to wait for Nexus 5 the last few HTCs I have had have developed problems and not overly impressed. what is worse i am having to use the only "semi smart" phone I have at home as a spare with happens to be an iPhone :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement