Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any fans of Homeland out there?

• 29-01-2013 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Four episodes into the first series and still f*ck all has happened. I get that it's a thriller and all but there's only so much tense build up without anything happening that I can take. Was very excited fr the show after the opening episode but just feel like it hasn't moved on from there. Anyone that can convince me whether I should stick with it or not? Getting the feeling that it's been so popular in the States just because it appeals to the whole 'Don't screw with my Murrican freedom you terrorist pigs' kinda attitude... :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,643 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Yes theres many threads on it, the search function is your friend, give it time it gets going

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I thought the first season was a small bit above average. It does pick up towards the end though. I also started season two tonight incidentally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Yeah it's worth sticking with. End of season 2 is epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Dymo

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Yeah it's worth sticking with. End of season 2 is epic.

And the first 4 episodes of season 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

Yes, it's massively overrated. But worth watching if only for Saul 'the Bear' Berenson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Jaggy

Great show, well worth watching. Can be a little slow in places but for the most part I really like it. Probably not enough explosions and gun fire for a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 AnotherTool

Cheers lads. Think I'm gonna stick with it. Don't think it's gonna help a whole lot with my opinion of Clare Danes though :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

I started watching it yesterday and ended up getting to episode 10 of season 1, when I stopped watching tonight. The joys of being sick!

It's slow paced but it certainly is picking up at the moment. It's the first series since 24 that I've been able to stick with.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Having finished season 2 all I can say is that this show is a load of nonsense.

Carrie is one of the most annoying characters in all of television and I found myself rooting for the bad guys because of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

snausages wrote: »
    Yes, it's massively overrated. But worth watching if only for Saul 'the Bear' Berenson.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

• Advertisement
Advertisement