Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Penis Sensitivity

Options
  • 26-02-2012 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

(Going unregistered for this one as kind of embarrassing)

So I've noticed over the past while that I've begun to loose sensitivity in my penis (glans).

When I'm having sex I can go for quite a while but it's not enjoyable as I get soft in between because of the lack of sensitivity - many times I can't even reach orgasm. It's quite embarrassing when it happens and I don't want to make a show of myself in front of my partner. I think this is effecting our relationship somewhat, even though it's not all about sex.

I'm nearly 21 and uncircumcised, and from what I've been reading this lack of sensitivity is quite unusual for someone my age and for someone who is uncircumcised. I masturbate a lot because my partner and I live quite far away from each other - could masturbating too much be effecting the sensitivity of the glans?

Do/did any of you guys have a similar problem? If you do/had, how did/are you treat(ing) it? Is it permanent or temporary?

Mature answers please, and I'm not looking for any specific medical advice, just want to know from people who've had similar issues. If this forum isn't appropriate for this thread, could one of the mods please advise?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Increased masturbation/sex will likely cause sensitivity to decrease to a certain extent so I wouldnt worry too much to be honest.

Maybe lay off the masturbation for a while and see does that help.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

try masturbating less, if you do it ever day or two try doing 3-4 days without and see if it makes a difference, which it should. if you use condoms with your missus then try getting the ultra thin ones and see if it makes any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

a fungal infection maybe?? does it look different?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Go to the doctor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I've never experienced nor heard of frequent masturbation causing this problem. It's a new one on me.

My first impression was blood flow changes leading to a numb sensation, which is really getting into a medical area I'm not knowledgable about. Ask your GP or any friends you might have with a medical background, perhaps.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

does it happen when you masturbate?

if it doesnt, then lay off the masturbation for a while or if you do masturbate then dont grip the wee lad as tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

Ye know... you could just not find her physically attractive anymore. Most likely your not admitting it to yourself...

And thus, during sex.. It goes on the flop cause you just dont like her..? hmmmm?

Advertisement