Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Those Ads...

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Wibbs wrote: »
    To be fair S we hardly need to import right wing religious types. We've been growing our own for a very long time.

Who also have been saying the same thing,

This was their page yesterday from google cache
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:26d-yNazTgcJ:www.prolifeinfo.ie/women/sexual-assault/pregnancy-as-a-result-of-rape/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

Which said 218034.png

And now after the fuss about that american politican they have edited the page to remove those statements.
    http://www.prolifeinfo.ie/women/sexual-assault/pregnancy-as-a-result-of-rape/

Youth defense sings off the same right wing hymn sheet as the pro life groups in the USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭seeing_ie

Wibbs wrote: »
    To be fair S we hardly need to import right wing religious types. We've been growing our own for a very long time.

Fully agree.

It feels to me like we're starting, finally, to emerge from our own religious past in this country, only for cóir etc. to start importing crazy from a more religious country.

I suppose I was referring to the evidence that youth defense, cóir etc. appear to be getting their funding from evangelical organisations in the US, which would explain how they can afford this very expensive billboard campaign.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I would have an almighty heart attack if they turned up on my doorstep. All hell would break loose, frankly.

But a more light-hearted take (still very relevant, though!):

6fs6A.png

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭NotForResale

An copy of one of their documents on rape that they pulled from their site a few days ago.

http://imgur.com/a/YEr6c citing a survey on 37 women in 1992?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

An copy of one of their documents on rape that they pulled from their site a few days ago.

http://imgur.com/a/YEr6c citing a survey on 37 women in 1992?

I love the last line about how abortion becomes a cover up for rape. Wasn't the point of the x-case that the girl's family wanted to use DNA or blood samples from the fetus to aid in the conviction of the man who raped her? Does an aborted fetus suddenly loose all that data?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Twinwolf

I really struggle to understand why people are so anti-abortion. And if they are, what gives them the right to be so forceful in their beliefs, what gives this group the right to plaster these disgusting, disturbing, emotionally blackmailing posters all over the place. I’m surprised they don’t have on their posters, ‘have an abortion and you’ll go to hell..’ – I bet if they could get away with this they would.

And, even though I would like to paint over each poster – where is the equality in the message they’re putting out there, why don’t they have a poster underneath these ones, with a mans face saying ‘your fault, wear a condom’ (Not that I agree with that in any shape or form, but its just to show how their message is totally anti-women, a woman doesn’t get pregnant on her own, yet these ads are directed only at women.

I’m absolutely pro-choice, I’ve never been in the position where I’ve had to consider abortion, and anyone who has not been in that position has no right to judge. 100% of women who have had an abortion did not ‘choose’ to be put in that position, but they were and they made the best choice for themselves at that time. This is what I really struggle to understand, that the anti-abortion brigade can’t see this.

I myself have lots of opinions people wouldn’t agree with, we all do and that’s fine and should be fine, what’s not fine is shoving it down your throat. Its like those religious nuts who come to my front door and try to interrogate me on my beliefs! I just hate to think of the women this will directly affect, someone who is in the position of having to consider abortion, or someone who has had one and it is painful for, its just an added pain. I’d love to know if there are any women out there who have had an abortion and are thinking, this add is fantastic, I’m delighted its up there.

And a bit off topic.... Did anyone watch that programme on Nat Geo 'I was in a cult' = this message totally smacks of cult like thinking!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Just to let you know they out at doors again. I'm actually pissed off my bell isn't working, they must have knocked earlier as I found a leaflet in my hall this evening.

They have just been here, out in Dublin 15.
    Seems that YD have gotten teams in each parish going door to door.
    Got told I am going to hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Sharrow wrote: »
    They have just been here, out in Dublin 15.
    Seems that YD have gotten teams in each parish going door to door.
    Got told I am going to hell.

FFS, if Heaven is where the likes of YD end up spending eternity, I'll happily take Hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Gauge wrote: »
    FFS, if Heaven is where the likes of YD end up spending eternity, I'll happily take Hell!

Devil has all the best tunes anyway. :D

• Advertisement

Well there is leafleting for the March on the 29th of Sept going to be happening over the weekend if anyone wants to give a hand get in touch with https://www.facebook.com/notalwaysabetteroption/posts/500955023248164

The March organizers are looking for people to act as stewards on the day.
    If they don't have enough the march won't go ahead.
    There will be some training for those who are interested.
    If you want to give a hand contact irishchoiceawareness@gmail.com

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2012/09/22/meanwhile-outside-the-gpo-2/

Flyers were handed out today and posters were put up.

250147_502401019770231_65505105_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Am up in Dublin for the match, and was walking over O'Connell bridge yesterday evening around 6pm. Most of the poster's had been ripped apart so they are completely unreadable :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Ginny wrote: »
    Just to let you know they out at doors again. I'm actually pissed off my bell isn't working, they must have knocked earlier as I found a leaflet in my hall this evening.

Things like this always make me glad I live on a main road.

I rarely get canvassers.

Advertisement