Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Electrical engineering

• 17-04-2012 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,wondering has anybody here gone back to cit to do electrical engineering part time. I am a qualified electrician and can go into second year but as I'm not great at maths was going to take the first yr module of math and some of the other second yr modules for my first year part time. Would be great to here from someone that went back to get the elec. degree to find out how they got on,I'm also 34

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Paulie Walnuts

Hey Rich Tea. Not an electrician and haven't done Elec Eng but I'm in another engineering department. Went back as a mature student without any previous background in engineering. I would have done the Maths modules you'll be doing. It can be tough, but it's do-able. I know a couple of people that did what you're planning to do ie. sparks going into 2nd year Elec Eng. They both got through it alright, If you feel that you're weak at Maths then there is a Learning Support Centre where you can get one on one tutorials. If you haven't already done so you can check out the modules here.
    http://courses.cit.ie/index.cfm/page/course/courseId/376

Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Rich tea

Thanks for the information Paulie

Advertisement