Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GTA V Gameplay Discussion ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Where do I input the blimp code?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I've read that the driving is similar to the likes of Midnight Club, is there any truth to that? I hope not...

No nothing like that

Anyone found a way to get into trains?

I am just standing on the front of the train but cant see a door

Just playing it now for the last two hours or so. There are times I'm thinking 'jesus christ, this handling sucks!" and other times I'm thinking "this handling ain't so bad", so might eventually win me over. Still firmly believe IV will ultimately prove to be the better of the two.

On a more trivial note...

I'm one of those people (those people) who is big into emergency vehicles. One thing I notice is that driving cars, if you tap right you can turn on the headlights, tap right again and you turn on full beams and tap it again to turn it all off. Driving trucks, holding right will release the trailer (presumably any other vehicle that has a special ability can do something by holding right, like towing for tow trucks or such i'd imagine (though i've yet to drive, or even see, a tow truck).

It just irks me a little bit that they didnt think to make 'hold right' a way of turning on the police emergency lights without having the siren on. I love emergency vehicles, but i've been playing for only about two hours so far, and already im sick to the teeth of the siren in the game. Love the new lighting - would just love to be able to use it without that irritating wailing siren too.

A small point, but one that seems a simple one to implement. Maybe just overlooked?!

As others have said though, graphically so far the game is astounding. There's a lot going on. Getting a much better 'living, breathing city' feel from this game than IV gave me.

I also notice they didnt do anything about the camera angle being far too low when driving. Right thumb on the thumbstick permanently again... sigh... :(

All in all a good effort though.. enjoying it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I just smoked some weed and fought off space aliens...God this rocks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

I also notice they didnt do anything about the camera angle being far too low when driving. Right thumb on the thumbstick permanently again... sigh... :(

I read the other day you could change the camera angle in some settings? Might be wrong but have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Where can I find the who*es?

.......... in the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Change the camera angle then?

Where can I find the who*es?

.......... in the game

Strip club. High heel on the map. Shows up about 20 mins into the game after the prologue iirc

I read the other day you could change the camera angle in some settings? Might be wrong but have a look.

oh it looks like you could be right! :eek:

Rockstar listened! :D

• Advertisement

There's always been a camera select has there not?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I feel so overwhelmed playing this! for the last three hours have been just wandering around - went back to one of the strippers places for some hows your uncle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Flying is feckin hard :P

Graphics are superb....gonna take a long time to learn this map

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Anyone mess about with the gasoline cannisters yet? Great craic! I set a long line of fuel leading all the way to a petrol pump and lit it and walked off like a boss, should have took a selfie just as the whole thing went kaboom behind me! Robbed a couple of stores aswell, easy money.

I love how real the people act, I bumped into some fat chick and she fell over, she then gets up and whips out her phone and calls the police on me! So I bitch slap her to the ground and get the hell out of there before they show up!

Favourite vehicle so far is the dune buggy, police have no chance once you go off road with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Iceboy

Amazing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Why do people keeping calling the police when I try to look through the binoculars on mount chilliad? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Why do people keeping calling the police when I try to look through the binoculars on mount chilliad? :confused:

Because you're a perv :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Is it crashing on ps3 for anybody else. The first slim model

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

CptMackey wrote: »
    Is it crashing on ps3 for anybody else. The first slim model

I have the first slim, not crashing for me at all, not yet anyway.

I really don't know what the big deal is about the car handling, nothing wrong with it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I love not having a clue wher anything is on the map yet, where do I get the blimp?

edit: never mind, you have to order it on your phone, the draw distance in the air is amazing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭Glico Man

krudler wrote: »
    I love not having a clue wher anything is on the map yet, where do I get the blimp?

The blimp company sets it down at the closest available place, which for me when I called them, was at the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

How many 24/7 or liquor stores that you can rob have people found? I've only managed one so far and I stumbled across it and can't remember exactly where it was now!

Drove around for a good while last night looking for them and couldn't find any.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

"When at home, you can relax like a real American by smoking, drinking, or watching mindless TV"

It's the little things that count.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I think I seen Walter White :confused::D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Jumped out of the blimp :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

I got it yesterday and played it for a couple of hours and I really like it so far, I like the driving
    The new version of the BF injection is great fun to drive in the desert

How do I get a plane or helicopter? I went to the airport at the bottom of the map and couldn't find any, then to the airstrip in the desert,

Anyone else go into the military base? I drove through the gate and stole one of the big army trucks and went driving around the base with them chasing me, I saw some fighter jets and a helicopter but I got blown up by a tank before I could get into one, is that the only way to get one or are they somewhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It really looks and feels so much like Los Angeles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

You can get a plane at the airport that's flyable. It's one of those private jets that's painted in Ryanair colours. No parachute on board.

Anyone gone hunting yet? I shot a deer then when I got back in my car I saw and heard a mountain lion or something roar at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Settings>Display>Driving Camera Height

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Just got killed on Grove Street.

Advertisement