Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Power Washer Still Available?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Thought this was the most appropriate section.. Its a bargain after all the lidl pressure washer http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/SID-25233634-E17344BC/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_18947.htm O Only on sale since Thursday went from my local shop extremely quickly,is it still available elsewhere?

Thanks for any help.

There were a few in Rathmines a couple of hours ago, if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,375 ✭✭✭fletch

Anyone know what connection type it is? lavor or karcher or somethin else?

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Mandzhalas

fletch wrote: »
    Anyone know what connection type it is? lavor or karcher or somethin else?

LAVOR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Gav.80

are they open sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Mandzhalas

Gav.80 wrote: »
    are they open sunday?

yes. opening at 10am i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Thanks for info,any other places still available just in case?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,375 ✭✭✭fletch

Anyone know any Lidls around Dublin that still have these in stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

Was definitely 6-7 in Rathmines yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭s8n

is it any good ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

s8n wrote: »
    is it any good ?

Yes,very powerfull,but a tad on the noisy side.

But thats what protective ear muffs are for.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Picked up one today still about 4-5 left in the Celbridge store.

W

• Registered Users Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Spudzzmurphy

Charlie19 wrote: »
    A friend of mine has one of these and I must say the noise from it is VERY loud !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭s8n

Halfords is 1400 watt but lidl is 1800. Pick lidl one up tonight will give it a spin tomorrow. Thanks OP

s8n wrote: »
    Halfords is 1400 watt but lidl is 1800. Pick lidl one up tonight will give it a spin tomorrow. Thanks OP

The Lidl (Parkside) Power Washer is actully 2100 watt and 150 bar pressure.

See my pictures above.

Would the Lidl washer be worth the extra €60?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

The Halfords one is pretty poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Would the Lidl washer be worth the extra €60?

Halfords one would be very slow going compared to a 150bar unit.

Word of warning to people though 150bar can wreck the sidewalls of you tyres rendering them very dangerous. Max recommended pressure for washing tyres is 110bar.

moodrater wrote: »
    Halfords one would be very slow going compared to a 150bar unit.

Word of warning to people though 150bar can wreck the sidewalls of you tyres rendering them very dangerous. Max recommended pressure for washing tyres is 110bar.

Reason why I bought the Lidl (Parkside) 2100 watt 150 bar power washer,was/is for cleaning down the likes of the patio area and also the driveway.

Some serious whack off of it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,842 ✭✭✭Soarer

Two questions for those with the washers...
    First, I assume the pressure can be dialled down for washing cars and stuff?
    Second, these are hardly Karcher models rebranded to Lidl's own?

• Advertisement

Think Ill go for the Halfords one, I suppose you get what you pay for.

Soarer wrote: »
    Two questions for those with the washers...
    First, I assume the pressure can be dialled down for washing cars and stuff?
    Second, these are hardly Karcher models rebranded to Lidl's own?

You cant dial down the actual bar pressure,but you can dial down the turbo lance to give a high power jet blast of water of else a wider,less powerfull flow of water (wider is ideal for washing a car).Theres also a 2nd lance for more delicate water flow and delicate cleaning.Then theres a brush lance too.

Not Karcher rebrand.

Lidl (Parkside) come with a 3 year warrenty too.

Look at my picture on previous page to see what you get for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Close shave

Buyer Beware!!!
    Hi bought a Parkside pressure cleaner PHD 150 A1 for €119-99 back in November 2011. The first time I used it the Rotating brush started leaking at the conection to the Jet Gun.Second time I used it (march 2012) the Jet Gun squirting water from the body/lance in every direction.
    Contacted the store and was told LIDL have 60 day rule and told me to contact Head office. I was then put in touch with Parkside (UK) who told me that the parts are covered under warranty but that it will up to 28days to receive the parts. (coming from Germany). Its now day 31 and still no parts.
    I don't thing I will buy anything Mechanical from LIDL again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭Technique

For only £67.50 this Nilfisk would be a far superior pressure washer:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nilfisk-X-Tra-Pressure-Washer-Cleaner/dp/B001TUYV1O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335111007&sr=8-1

It's got an aluminium pump which makes all the difference, and Nilfisk pressure washers are highly thought of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Technique wrote: »
    For only £67.50 this Nilfisk would be a far superior pressure washer:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nilfisk-X-Tra-Pressure-Washer-Cleaner/dp/B001TUYV1O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335111007&sr=8-1

It's got an aluminium pump which makes all the difference, and Nilfisk pressure washers are highly thought of.

got the exact one (without the patio stuff) from amazon...very good power washer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Close shave

Thanks Technique, This is a very good deal, Nilfisk is a very good brand, I will give this one a try as soon as I get my money back from LIDL.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 REDLINE@

Buyer Beware!!!
    Hi bought a Parkside pressure cleaner PHD 150 A1 for €119-99 back in November 2011. The first time I used it the Rotating brush started leaking at the conection to the Jet Gun.Second time I used it (march 2012) the Jet Gun squirting water from the body/lance in every direction.
    Contacted the store and was told LIDL have 60 day rule and told me to contact Head office. I was then put in touch with Parkside (UK) who told me that the parts are covered under warranty but that it will up to 28days to receive the parts. (coming from Germany). Its now day 31 and still no parts.
    I don't thing I will buy anything Mechanical from LIDL again.

same happened hear ......twice ...only used it a handfull of times....took exactly 28 working days to replace

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tidyweb

the Nilfisk one has far less power,

or does the fact that its a better brand make up for this

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Loch Garman Gael

How ya

Same thing here bought one of those in Lidl gun has cracked after only using it 3 or 4 times can't find receipt & can't do d parts for it anywhere. Happy enough with power washer & don't mind buying another gun - anyone know where I can get one ?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Check this out on amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006Y8GX76/ref=nosim/?tag=hotukdeals-21

Looks okay to wash a car!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement