Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

jd83 wrote: »
    red menace wrote: »
    I'm guessing because it in essence a holiday visa they are not going to allocate a lot of resourses to it. I bet migration visas and PR applications get priority.

Its a visa were a person has decided to move to another country for a year of their life to work, pay tax and probably spend their pay in said country. Im not expecting the process to be quick and easy. But this is an absolute joke. Even the long wait would be fine if there was communication and assistance if needed.

I'm not defending them and agree its not well run just making the point its never going to get the same resources as other visas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Rejected

No its not its a year long holiday visa where you can work to support your travel

Fúck off if you've nothing to contribute but your arrogant presumptions. For the vast majority of people applying for this visa it will be anything but an extended holiday for a leisurely swanning around Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

I'm not defending them and agree its not well run just making the point its never going to get the same resources as other visas.

True but still head wrecking all the same. However ive read that the permanent resident visas are pain to apply for also :)

Rejected wrote: »
    No its not its a year long holiday visa where you can work to support your travel

Fúck off if you've nothing to contribute but your arrogant presumptions. For the vast majority of people applying for this visa it will be anything but an extended holiday for a leisurely swanning around Canada.

Relax pal just trying to say as far as the government pf canada is concerned its a holiday visaif you thing this is a bollox try wait til you apply for pr

And for what its worth I came here on and IEC and am now on a temp work permit. I know ezactly what a pain in the hole the application process is. I am just trying to reset people's ezpectations a bit. Everything migration and immigration related is slow and painful here. Masses and masses of paperwork and you do the legwork and following up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭hellothere1

Frustrating.com!! I paid my €105 on 6th of March and have heard didely squat since then....I don't necessarily think its a bad thing, if my payment wasn't received I would have heard from them by now, but it still so frustrating not knowing. Especially when there are people here who have paid later than me and many others, but yet still have received their LOI at this stage. The IEC just seem to have their own magical way of doing things!

Rant over.... for now!!

I paid the same day, seems there was a problem with the payment and I just heard about it today. They couldn't find it because the bank didn't include all the letters in my last name. Process this year is so stressful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sleepyhollows

AH jeazus the saga continues....

I have been waiting 3 weeks since paying and have heard nothing. So I emailed them this morning. I was very nice about the whole thing and just explained my situation, AND....they actually replied!!!

Anyway - long story short, they can't find my payment and they need more info. I paid using online banking - AIB to AIB. I did exactly as they asked but somehow the ref got totally screwed up.

So they have asked for the date it was paid and the ref that will appear on "THEIR" statement in relation to my payment.

I rang my local AIB and the lady was very nice - she was able to log into their account details and she said there are hundreds of payments that look like mine (as in they look nothing like LDN-IE-WHP000***) Most of them start with GTSONUD********* - I have no idea how this happened.

She is going to ring me back in the morning as she spent 30mins scrolling through all the payments and was just getting so confused. Lets hope she can sort it out for me.

Anyway - if you paid your €105 and are waiting more than 2 or 3 weeks I would suggest you email the IEC crowd explaining your situation.

TOP TIP - if you are emailing them try be as nice and as clear as possible. Writing the whole email in CAPITAL LETTERS and using lots of exclamation marks isn't going to get them reply any quicker :D. Also Include you full name, D.O.B. and you LDN at the bottom so they can trace your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭calgary bound

clio_16v wrote: »
    How long is it since you were "passed on to 2nd phase / sent to IEC" or however they phrase it? My timeline looks like this:

Posted: 26th January
    Arrived in London: 31st January
    Acknowledgement of receipt: 23rd February
    Payment Request: 19th March
    Paid: 20th March
    2nd Phase: 26th March

Not sure how long before I get the medical and then LOI, hopefully it will be soon

Here's my timeline (my boyfriend posted a separate app on the same day and his timeline is the same except his LOI came 4 days before mine)
    Posted 23rd Jan
    Receipt of acknowledgment 21st Feb
    Payment request 13th Mar
    Paid 14th Mar
    Confirmation of payment 18th Mar
    LOI 28th Mar

Neither of us got the medical email but we included the form in our application

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭galwaygal27

I have been waiting 3 weeks since paying and have heard nothing. So I emailed them this morning. I was very nice about the whole thing and just explained my situation, AND....they actually replied!!!

Anyway - long story short, they can't find my payment and they need more info. I paid using online banking - AIB to AIB. I did exactly as they asked but somehow the ref got totally screwed up.

So they have asked for the date it was paid and the ref that will appear on "THEIR" statement in relation to my payment.

I rang my local AIB and the lady was very nice - she was able to log into their account details and she said there are hundreds of payments that look like mine (as in they look nothing like LDN-IE-WHP000***) Most of them start with GTSONUD********* - I have no idea how this happened.

She is going to ring me back in the morning as she spent 30mins scrolling through all the payments and was just getting so confused. Lets hope she can sort it out for me.

Anyway - if you paid your €105 and are waiting more than 2 or 3 weeks I would suggest you email the IEC crowd explaining your situation.

TOP TIP - if you are emailing them try be as nice and as clear as possible. Writing the whole email in CAPITAL LETTERS and using lots of exclamation marks isn't going to get them reply any quicker :D. Also Include you full name, D.O.B. and you LDN at the bottom so they can trace your application.
    the easiest thing for you to do is send a screen shot of your bank account showing the €105 coming out of your account. Thats what we did :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sajada85

Sent application: 23 January 2012
    Acknowledgement of receipt: 23 February 2012
    Payment Email: 19 March 2012
    Paid: 20 March 2012

Just received the following email from them today:
    Good afternoon;
    We have not been able to reconcile your payment because the information inserted in the reference line of your payment by your bank is insufficient. Please contact your bank and obtain the following information: The exact date your payment was transferred to our account, the name of the account holder from which the payment was made, and the reference line information exactly as it was inserted in our account. Please do not make another payment as it will only cause greater confusion with reconciling the first payment you made. Once you provide us with this information we will hopefully be able to trace your payment and continue processing your application.
    Kind regards,
    The IEC Team
    UK / Ireland

I previously sent them all this information in the email that they replied to sending this. I just resent them everything again so hopefully they can trace the payment!! So stressful!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 fc04

Sajada85 wrote: »
    Sent application: 23 January 2012
    Acknowledgement of receipt: 23 February 2012
    Payment Email: 19 March 2012
    Paid: 20 March 2012

Just received the following email from them today:
    Good afternoon;
    We have not been able to reconcile your payment because the information inserted in the reference line of your payment by your bank is insufficient. Please contact your bank and obtain the following information: The exact date your payment was transferred to our account, the name of the account holder from which the payment was made, and the reference line information exactly as it was inserted in our account. Please do not make another payment as it will only cause greater confusion with reconciling the first payment you made. Once you provide us with this information we will hopefully be able to trace your payment and continue processing your application.
    Kind regards,
    The IEC Team
    UK / Ireland

I previously sent them all this information in the email that they replied to sending this. I just resent them everything again so hopefully they can trace the payment!! So stressful!!!!

Today must have been their day for sending out these e-mails as myself and my gf got the same e-mail! I had my payment traced so we knew what the problem was before today hopefully the bank can get the correct info for all of us. Did everyone that got this e-mail send the payment through AIB?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

Rejected wrote: »
    Add to that list their utter reluctance to communicate with applicants either via email correspondence or telephone leaving people entirely in the dark.

And you're dead right. The whole thing is a joke. Especially when your life is on hold indefinitely. They have no consideration. Had I known that the process was going to be this long and drawn out and stressful I would have not bothered at all.

After 5 weeks since the notice of receipt I'd like to know whether I've been accepted or rejected so I can move on with my life. If I am rejected for a second time I don't think I'll be bothered reapplying.

I feel your pain and utter frustration. My visa runs out soon and I won't get my new one beforehand thanks to them screwing up my payment in January and the incompetence with handling my application 2nd time around. Now I have submitted another application (third time). I'm working over here as well, so it screws me up because I won't get my new IEC visa in time meaning I could be out of work for a month at least.

I still have not got my money back that I paid in January. If they can't match my payment to my application how will I? How will they refund people in similar positions? They don't respond to my enquiries and they will have cost me an awful amount of money for something that should only have cost me $172.

I'm guessing because it in essence a holiday visa they are not going to allocate a lot of resourses to it. I bet migration visas and PR applications get priority.

I would agree with you here up to a certain point. They have no excuse however for not responding to people who have genuine concerns/questions that are not answered on the website.

The whole process could be a lot more efficient if they give people the option to pay by credit card. This would immmediately eliminate the problem of them losing reference numbers that matches particular applications - (as happened in my case).

Also, if their scanners can't read a barcode on one of the pages, get the applicant to e-mail that page to them so they can print it off their own printers.

Sorting just these two problems out would mean the IEC saves time, money and resources from not having to go through "new" applications from a person they just rejected a few weeks earlier.

the easiest thing for you to do is send a screen shot of your bank account showing the €105 coming out of your account. Thats what we did :)

Didn't work for me. After the rejection mail for non-payment, I sent a picture of my wire ransfer receipt which clearly shows the money paid, bank charges paid by me, my name, the bank, the account, IBAN and the date I made the payment. I also sent a screenshot of the money that left my Canadian bank account.

Eutow wrote: »
    Didn't work for me. After the rejection mail for non-payment, I sent a picture of my wire ransfer receipt which clearly shows the money paid, bank charges paid by me, my name, the bank, the account, IBAN and the date I made the payment. I also sent a screenshot of the money that left my Canadian bank account.

The problem is though that the reference line changes when it enters their account. It is a problem with the embassies account and i was told that they said they are currently seeking a resolution to the problem. I have been talking with different people at aib for the past 7 days and even if you send a sreenshot of your details they still cant find it because all of the info which is on your statement changes when its in their account( crazy i know) but thats what seems to be happening!:eek:
    I have sent off all our new info today which i got aib to trace into their account so hopefully they can find ours now.

So I finally got my payment accepted :D Just over 3 weeks after paying!!

If anyone else is having similar problems, you basically have to talk to someone in AIB and get it traced. You need the reference number that appears on the IEC statement that corresponds to your payment.

It will be EXTREMELY SIMILAR to the ref that appears on your own statement but it IS different. The two ref numbers were only different by 3 characters. The one that appeared on my statement was like this GTSONUD******84 but the corresponding one on the IEC statement read GTSONUC******2C. This is the one they need.

That is why simply sending them a copy of the payment log will not work. The only way, I can see, to get that ref is by talking to someone in AIB. I was able to get it by calling my local branch - although it took them a day to find it!

I then sent that ref number, along with my name and LDN to the IEC and they got back to me in about 90seconds saying they found my payment :D

If anyone else is having similar problems, you basically have to talk to someone in AIB and get it traced. You need the reference number that appears on the IEC statement that corresponds to your payment.

It will be EXTREMELY SIMILAR to the ref that appears on your own statement but it IS different. The two ref numbers were only different by 3 characters. The one that appeared on my statement was like this GTSONUD******84 but the corresponding one on the IEC statement read GTSONUC******2C. This is the one they need.

That is why simply sending them a copy of the payment log will not work. The only way, I can see, to get that ref is by talking to someone in AIB. I was able to get it by calling my local branch - although it took them a day to find it!

I then sent that ref number, along with my name and LDN to the IEC and they got back to me in about 90seconds saying they found my payment :D

90 seconds very quick!! sent my new info off this morning hopefully we'll hear soon:eek:

What e-mail address did you send it to?

fc04 wrote: »

I just replied to the payment email which came from - re-ldn.iec@international.gc.ca

I have since gotten my "passed on to the 2nd phase" email so the LOI should be just around the corner hopefully!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I just replied to the payment email which came from - re-ldn.iec@international.gc.ca

I have since gotten my "passed on to the 2nd phase" email so the LOI should be just around the corner hopefully!!

YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE GOOOD!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭hellothere1

Same here, got the 'passed on' letter today, now for more waiting! Still in a panic though cus I just sent the form and didn't include the extra page with the work history on it because it said don't include any supporting documentation. So just have to wait it out and see!

how long did it take for them to reply once you emailed them?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 conorhaugh

I'm IEC eligible, have paid the €105 and am now in the second phase of my application. They say I'll either get my LOI or rejection ''within six weeks'', anyone have any idea idea how long it actually takes? It'll hardly take the whole six weeks will it? The pain of this process never ceases to amaze me...

conorhaugh wrote: »
    I'm IEC eligible, have paid the €105 and am now in the second phase of my application. They say I'll either get my LOI or rejection ''within six weeks'', anyone have any idea idea how long it actually takes? It'll hardly take the whole six weeks will it? The pain of this process never ceases to amaze me...
    i got my LOI a week after my receipt of payment, and my hubby is still waiting, turning into 5 weeks waiting tomorrow! very frustrating since we both received our receipt of payment on the same day!

how long did it take for them to reply once you emailed them?

The first time i emailed them, I asked them if they had found my payment. They got back to me in about 4 hours saying they couldn't find it.

The second time I emailed them, I was sending them my correct payment info, and they got back to me within 2 mins saying they found my payment!! They then emailed me again within about 4 hours with my "passed on to 2nd phase" email.

Lets hope that sort of speed continues :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 conorhaugh

i got my LOI a week after my receipt of payment, and my hubby is still waiting, turning into 5 weeks waiting tomorrow! very frustrating since we both received our receipt of payment on the same day!

Thanks! Can I just ask one more thing? :) The €105 was requested and paid, then the next thing I heard from then was that I was IEC eligible and my application had been sent to the CIC. Will I receive a 'payment accepted' email next and then a LOI/rejection, or was the last email they sent me more or less confirmation that my payment had been accepted because it said the process was moving forward? Thank you!

we got the passed on to the next phase email aswell yesterday thank god:D

Same here, got the 'passed on' letter today, now for more waiting! Still in a panic though cus I just sent the form and didn't include the extra page with the work history on it because it said don't include any supporting documentation. So just have to wait it out and see!

I did the opposite to you i sent off my extra page with work history, i wouldnt have thought that was a supporting document just your imm1295 in full, maybe im wrong.Anyone else in the same boat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

we got the passed on to the next phase email aswell yesterday thank god:D

Are the emails sent in the morning or can you get it whenever?

Just want to get payment off as soon as get the email and am expecting it any day now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 trasla7

Hey,

I am just about to apply for the working holiday visa. I have a Garda Cert but i didnt put all previous addresses I had on it.

Is this likely to affect my application?

Advertisement