Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guitarist seeks open minded musicians

Options
  • 06-11-2011 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭

Hey

29 based in Dublin

Looking for musicians/vocalist who are interested in a somewhat experimental rock band. Musicians who are curious and broad minded about their instruments and their playing. Not necessarily looking for genius composers, simply looking for musicians who are curious about sound, have an open mind and who like to step out of the verse chorus, 4/4 rhythm, etc.
    Band influences are very broad - The Police, Early U2, the Smiths, Tool, Qotsa, Nirvana, Roxy Music, ELO, Kate Bush, The Strokes, Queen, Romeo Void, Fatso Jetson/Yawning Man, Prefab Sprout, Led Zep etc. A lot of electronic, ambient, chillout, early Dance....etc.
    The sound would simply the sharing of ideas, thats it. Its primarily to act out your musical curiousities be it acoustic, electric, heavy or soft, should be more fun than anythin else :pac:

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Alan biffy

Hey man, Im 28 and from limerick originally but based in dublin now. Been playing in a band the past couple of years but im a very open minded guitarist singer songwrite. i like pop/rock to radiohead, instrumental, singer songwriter stuff. basically jam and bounce ideas around cos its exciting that way. plenty experience in studio and gigging too so id just like to see if we could have a chat if ya wanted maybe? PM me sure if your interested. cheers

Alan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 seifer.

doesn't sound a million miles away from how i'd like to write music, i know the post was a while back but if your still interested pm me, based in north kildare area but i drive and don't mind travelling a bit, i have plenty of equipment, and a pretty decent bit of free time with the hrs i work. been playing guitar about ten yrs and can play to a decent enough standard(i think), most of what i play are things i've written myself and like trying out different things with dynamics, also learning to play the drums for the last 2months and getting on pretty well so far, it's something i'm pretty determined to get good at.

Advertisement