Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Whats your favourite TV Programme

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Comedy: Black Books, I.T.Crowd - good aul Graham Linehan (Misspelt?)
    really enjoying Campus too but it needs to improve, which I feel it will.
    Drama: Shameless USA
    Current Affairs: good aul V.Brown
    Doc/general: Dual Survival (a barefoot hippy and a war veteran show survival techniques). They have a tendency to take the sensible route like going around waterfalls - unlike Bear Grylls who skydives naked into Piranha infested pools with worms tied to his privates from the highest point of the waterfall where, just off camera, there is a elevator with tourists eating popcorn and buying souvenirs. I have learnt how to survive the Tundra, the Desert and the mangrove swamps of Louisiana. Very useful indeed.
    & Ax Men - a bit more posed than the first series, but still great watching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

As it's not been mentioned yet I will say The Shield. Awesome television.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Eastbound and Down, Arrested Development
    All class shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Lost, BSG, Firefly are the only ones that stick out for me. There hasn't been much on lately that's shining out for me. would go for the first seasons of 30 Rock for my comedy, it's kinda strayed a bit in the last season or two :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Of all time? Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Currently airing: Fringe, Shameless Us, Dexter & Nikita.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

The Wire, The Sopranos, The Shield, Breaking Bad, 24, Criminal Minds, CSI Vegas, Boardwalk Empire.

The Wire and 24 are my personal favourites, followed by The Sopranos and The Shield - watched all 7 series' in about a month!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    Mine has to be modern family, absolutely addicted to it latelt, might start getting into boardwalk empire soon,

Watched Modern Family last weekend and this weekend and must say it's bleedin' brilliant :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Favourites..... Hmmmm...

Oz, The Shield & 24 are the ones that immediately jump into my head. Utterly fantastic shows.

But seriously, it's like asking what my favourite song it, it just depends on how I'm feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Nicoleye

How I met your mother :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Of All Time...

The Wire
    15 Storeys High
    Brasseye
    Father Ted
    The Soprano's

Currently

Delocated

Limmys Show

Mad Men

Rev/ The Thick Of It...

Dexter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 smorgasbord

All-time -
    • Arrested Development
    • The Larry Sanders Show
    • Freaks and Geeks
    Currently running -
    • 30 Rock
    • Parks & Recreation
    • Mad Men
    • Boardwalk Empire
    • Breaking Bad
    • The Good Wife

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 sara_q

It absolutely has to be, without a shadow of a doubt MAD MEN. I think it was the last episode of season 4 last mon. on RTE 1. I've Sky plus-ed it as its broadcast quite late on a Mon (could never understand this). So still enjoying my fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭Dull and Boring

Buffy, Lost, True Blood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭LondonIrish90

Currently, Celebrity Juice.

The most stupid, yet utterly hilarious show on telly at the moment!

Keith Lemon :D

Advertisement