Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

House of Lies [Showtime]

Options
  • 08-04-2011 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 84,974 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.hitfix.com/articles/showtime-orders-house-of-lies-homeland-to-series

It's a day of domestic pickups at Showtime, as the premium cable network has ordered House of Lies to series.
    The 12-episode order are the first new series order under David Nevins' watch as Showtime Entertainment President.

A half-hour dark comedy, "House of Lies" comes from writer/producer Matthew Carnahan, with a pilot directed by Stephen Hopkins ("Californication"). Oscar nominee Don Cheadle stars as Marty, a cutthroat consultant, willing to do anything for his clients. The pilot also stars Kristen Bell ("Veronica Mars"), Ben Schwartz ("Parks and Recreation") and Josh Lawson ("Romantically Challenged") as members of Marty's team, with Dawn Oliveri, Glynn Turman and Donis Leonard Jr. as members of his family.

And also the first image from "House of Lies":
    houseoflies_gallery_storyimage.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,974 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Griffin-Dunne-House-Lies-1034460.aspx

Griffin Dunne has joined Showtime's upcoming House of Lies, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
    Based on Martin Kihn's tell-all House of Lies: How Management Consultants Steal Your Watch and Tell You the Time, the dark comedy stars Don Cheadle as Marty, a cutthroat consultant who uses any means necessary to procure information for his clients. Dunne will play a renowned consultant who teams up with Marty's firm.
    He joins former Veronica Mars star Kristen Bell who stars as Jeannie Van Der Hooven, a bright Ivy League graduate at the firm.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Yes! Kristen Bell on Showtime. This has to work!
    And Jean-Ralfio as well :D

http://www.tvguide.com/News/House-Lies-Rady-Stahl-1035013.aspx

Kristen Bell is getting not one, but two love interests for her latest foray into series TV.
    Bell's new Showtime comedy, House of Lies, has cast Melrose Place alum Michael Rady and Carnivàle's Nick Stahl as romantic possibilities for Bell's character, a corporate consultant named Jeannine, TVLine reports.
    Rady, 29, will recur as Wes, a wealthy golden boy who may be a tad too conservative for Jeannie. Stahl, 31, will appear in one episode as a musician named Kurt who makes Jeannie question what she wants out of life and love.

tumblr_lkofszxYst1qadspko1_500.jpg
    House of Lies (Showtime) - photo promo

Still no sign of a promo trailer yet

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ben Schwartz? Don Cheadle? Kristen Bell?

I'M IN!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

it better be damn funny after all that

HOUSE OF LIES

Premiere: Sunday, January 8th at 10:00 PM ET/PT

HOUSE OF LIES is SHOWTIME’s new half-hour comedy series from the hit tell-all book House of Lies: How Management Consultants Steal Your Watch and Tell You the Time by Martin Kihn. It’s a scathing look at a self-loathing management consultant from a top-tier firm. Oscar® and Emmy® nominee Don Cheadle (Iron Man 2) stars as Marty, a highly-successful, cutthroat consultant who is never above using any means (or anyone) necessary to get his way with and for his clients. Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars) plays a razor-sharp, Ivy-League graduate who works on Marty’s team, along with Emmy® winner Ben Schwartz (Parks & Recreation) and Josh Lawson (Romantically Challenged); Dawn Olivieri (Vampire Diaries, Heroes) is Marty’s acerbic ex-wife; Emmy® winner Glynn Turman (In Treatment) is his psychoanalyst father; and Donis Leonard Jr. (The Fresh Beat Band) rounds out the cast as Marty’s young son. Created by Matthew Carnahan, HOUSE OF LIES is executive produced by Jessika Borsiczky, Matthew Carnahan, Stephen Hopkins and Don Cheadle.

It appears a screener of the first episode is out.

• Advertisement

ok wow, showtime, its not that funny.

It was all a bit bleh..

.. even with that cracking cast!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Have been watching this and it's pretty good.

Some fairly obvious product placement for Virgin America and Lenovo...!

The incident with Cat Deeley in the airport lounge was hilarious.

there not enough there to like despite ourselves, the how clever and dastardly we are thing gets old quick

I really, really wanted to like this but after six episodes I have to say it's simply terrible. A tragic waste of talent.

Thought the first episode was dull.. and said I'd wait to hear if it got better before continuing.

Probably won't bother.. shame with such a great cast!

Don't, you'll just end up getting annoyed at the abysmal writing, absence of plot and inane supporting characters. Bell comes out of it all right but Cheadle is worth so much better than this. It's like they get episodes of Lie to Me, discard the thin storylines that are in it, shoehorn in some sex and pad the rest of the half hour out with DC talking gibberish.

Starts Tuesday 2nd of October 2012 at 10pm on Sky Atlantic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Season 2 opener was good! A bit short and it was a bit strange how there really wasnt a story but at 30 minute recap of the characters and their situation

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Anyone else think that the Dell product placement was a bit over-whelming?

• Advertisement

That episode with Matt Damon was gold!

Anyone else still watching this? Forgot totally about S3 until today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

miralize wrote: »
    Anyone else still watching this? Forgot totally about S3 until today.

S3 is terrible so far.

I like the changes so far. Jeannie is much more ruthless :)

I've no idea why but I keep watching this despite it being one of the least likable shows I've ever seen.

I've no idea why but I keep watching this despite it being one of the least likable shows I've ever seen.

It's because of the strong cast for me. It's hard to like what they do for a living, or the script, but the characters make something work..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Writing has been on the cards for a while now, hopefully it's a decent send off for the team

House of Lies is a comedy that has frequently been ahead of the curve,” said Showtime president David Nevins in a statement. “Over the course of its five seasons, it has tackled such hot-button topics as gender identity, wealth inequality, white privilege, police brutality, interracial relationships, and code-switching with honesty and a biting sense of humor.
    Surely he's the only person on earth who believes that. Kristen Bell has a new show coming up with Ted Danson. Hopefully it's a return to something decent.

• Advertisement

If that was the last episode what a load of s**t, it just came off as a big tourism video for Cuba

Advertisement