Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW M's Secret Underground Garage!!

• 05-04-2011 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

qyqZC.jpg
    EALjE.jpg
    vwDL4.jpg
    nf9cZ.jpg
    K3LlA.jpg
    JGxq4.jpg
    i6fkK.jpg
    uTh19.jpg
    Q3PXl.jpg
    VzyAU.jpg
    mYtqz.jpg
    hnRCL.jpg
    rRu9H.jpg
    qd2Wm.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Nice! Looks like they were planning on doing that M3 pickup April Fool's joke during e30 times :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Nice pics, though its not much of a secret now :).

I think most of those cars have appeared at some show or another over the years, and are sometimes on show in the BMW museum in Munich. Some such as the M8 and E60 M5 have been test driven by car magazines and the X5 variation was considered but they eventually settled for the X5 4.6is.

The two cars they should have built in my opinion out of all of them were the E34 convertible (with any engine option) and the M8.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Wonder why they never put the M3 Touring into production considering you can/could get an M5 touring. Surely it would have made some sense as a proper S4/RS4 Avant rival?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Number Nine

Top Dog wrote: »
    Wonder why they never put the M3 Touring into production considering you can/could get an M5 touring. Surely it would have made some sense as a proper S4/RS4 Avant rival?

iXcVtl.jpg
    ZlLBQl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭Top Dog

That high-top 5-series looks hideous! :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

Top Dog wrote: »
    That high-top 5-series looks hideous! :eek::eek::eek:

Looks like it hit a Legacy........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

reminds me of a hearse

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JohnnyMustang22

first time I've seen these pics......

Has anyone any more info on them? Private collection or BMW stash?

iXcVtl.jpg

Looks like a wheelchair or a couple of bicycles in the back of that. Could have been a one off for a BMW sponsored team.

The collection belongs to BMW and is in their M development buildings in Munich. Its out near the new Bayern Munich stadium. You can't normally get in but the cars are sometimes on view in their museum and sometimes in the showroom of the BMW sales HQ. This is the place where you go when you decide to pick the car up yourself instead of at a dealers.

BMW also have another storage facility in Munich for other cars that are not (or never will be) on display such as ex-F1 ex-DTM etc cars, concepts, experimentals, one offs and so on. Again access is impossible.

I'm not sure why they never built some of those models, the only M5 estate they ever built was the E34 and then they only built less than 900 of them.

bijapos wrote: »
    Looks like a wheelchair or a couple of bicycles in the back of that. Could have been a one off for a BMW sponsored team.

The collection belongs to BMW and is in their M development buildings in Munich. Its out near the new Bayern Munich stadium. You can't normally get in but the cars are sometimes on view in their museum and sometimes in the showroom of the BMW sales HQ. This is the place where you go when you decide to pick the car up yourself instead of at a dealers.

BMW also have another storage facility in Munich for other cars that are not (or never will be) on display such as ex-F1 ex-DTM etc cars, concepts, experimentals, one offs and so on. Again access is impossible.

I'm not sure why they never built some of those models, the only M5 estate they ever built was the E34 and then they only built less than 900 of them.

Thanks for the info. Very interesteing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Just saw that apparently they used that e30 M3 pickup as a way of bringing around parts. lol

K9nkK.jpg
    HOWhk.jpg
    vfQ6y.jpg
    x3yAj.jpg

DSXir.jpg
    jPh0E.jpg
    jPh0E.jpg
    W8H19.jpg
    UJesf.jpg
    PsuwU.jpg
    qLNlr.jpg
    REhaI.jpg
    YZ7mn.jpg
    GgtB8.jpg

y5Cor.jpg
    zLUH2.jpg
    SSpaf.jpg
    FnuGx.jpg
    BYXJI.jpg
    on0TM.jpg
    gHnl3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

Although my pics are very slow to appear, they should also be an M7 from the early 1990s and not sure if there was an M8 series convertible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

M3 Touring looks fantastic imo. i'd have that before the coupe!!

Note that the M8 has no pop up lights. The car could supposedly hit 325 km/h and they reckoned the car travelling at that speed with the lights up would eventually damage the pop up motors.

The E30 M3 pick up was built by BMW apprentices and does not have the full running gear of the M3, it has neither the flared arches for the wider track nor does it have 5 stud wheels. As it has no homolgomation number for German roads it can only be driven on private land such as the factory grounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Nice video of the V12 BMW X5. Sounds fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ants09

also seen pictures of a E30 M3 rhd one red one black omg i would love to have one of those as only two were built

• Registered Users Posts: 12,740 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

This would sell by the ship-load, even now:

PsuwU.jpg

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I see it is a 1984 Dublin reg :D

YZ7mn.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

MercMad wrote: »
    I see it is a 1984 Dublin reg :D

Registration MZS86
    Make RENAULT
    Model R4
    Description 4 F6 VAN
    Fuel Type PETROL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

@ OP how did you get to see these cars? You've made my day posting these pics!

That E34 Convert is just gorgeous

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 282 ✭✭Caddyman

I remember an M1 leaving one of my classmates to school in Dundalk back in 78/79
    Can anyone guess who the owner was?

Caddyman wrote: »
    I remember an M1 leaving one of my classmates to school in Dundalk back in 78/79
    Can anyone guess who the owner was?

Phil Monaghan !

Phil Monaghan !

Give the man a Cigarrr!

Phil Monaghan !

they still have that car i beleive.....

One of the Monaghan's called up to me in it a few months ago...prob the same car...

they still have that car i beleive.....

One of the Monaghan's called up to me in it a few months ago...prob the same car...

If its white then Bingo!
    Can't remember if it was put on Louth plates but I do remember the German plates it had on!

Advertisement