Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Consumption Volumes & Treatment Costs

• 20-10-2009 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi

I am looking for statistics about the use of water in Ireland, namely the total consumption and ideally the breakdown between indoor usage and outdoor usage...

There is plenty of facts out there about how much water we use in the shower etc so I am sure that these sorts of statistics exist but haven't a clue where they are hiding!

I am also looking for some information on the cost of water treatment in Ireland.

Anybody who can lend me a few ideas, that would be very much appreciated.

pentesh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

My research looks at the impact of water fluoridation, rather than total comsumption or cost, but I've always found the water dept of the city and county councils very helpful. You may have to contact them individually as water from each unique source tends to be managed separately, but once you make contact with the water curators they generally have a very in-depth knowledge of the system they manage. I find the best source for contact details is the coco websites. Best of luck!

Advertisement