Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with planning 3 Year Anniversary

• 02-09-2015 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello Boards!,

I need some help sorting out a anniversary present/day/weekend for my lovely Girlfriend.

I'll give you all a bit of background on the situation.

We are together 3 years in october, So I want to make it a big one. I am willing to travel anywhere In Ireland that a bus/train will take us.

Last week she took me out for my birthday, which included, a treasure hunt around Dublin(which you guys helped her to create the riddles), which ended up in a swanky Hotel ( The Gibson) follow by a designer watch, dinner in a unbelieveable restaurant, and then on to the Laughter Lounge(Eden Quay).

This was genuinely the best day of my life and I want to return it x10 to her. SO, over the years we have been to a lot of nice places for our anniversary. Last year I took her horse riding around croke patrick, followed by a 2 night stay in the westport woods hotel.

She loves Animals, so I try my very best to involve them in any big day out I have planned. The circus is out of the question as she feels they are mistreated.

My original thoughts were based around Dublin zoo, I tried emailing them to see if I could get her in to help feed some of the animals, but unfortunately they still havn't replied.

SO finally my question(s) are,

1. Would any of you lovely people know of a way for me to get her for a tour/help feeding of the animals in Dublin Zoo?

2. If not, Would you have any other ideas based around this theme? (Animals)

I don't want to just do one thing with her, I would like to make the Animal part only a small part of the bigger picture. So any ideas after that would be greatly appreciated.

Just want to take this moment to thank you all in advance. I really appreciate any time you have put into replying.

Regards
    R

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Are you not afraid she'll see this thread if she's a boardsie? Glad you enjoyed your birthday, sounds amazing!

I'd give Dublin Zoo a call, would be better than emailing.

Otherwise what about trying a farm? There's Causey Farm in Navan, you could make a weekend of it with a hotel, spa, bit of sight seeing?

Good luck with your planning!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rheridan

Are you not afraid she'll see this thread if she's a boardsie? Glad you enjoyed your birthday, sounds amazing!

I'd give Dublin Zoo a call, would be better than emailing.

Otherwise what about trying a farm? There's Causey Farm in Navan, you could make a weekend of it with a hotel, spa, bit of sight seeing?

Good luck with your planning!

Thank you for your reply, She uses the site, but not often. I never really thought of it to be honest.

But thank you for the info, I will definately look into seeing if there is any hotels/spas in the area.

R

Advertisement