Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

thanks pushki x I have a scrap book made up already, a councillor suggested i make one up after her passed away,

baby won't let me sleep a full night anymore :-( i wake to pee , i wake to turn over, i wake for no reason just for one night i would like to get a few hours

hope everyone is keeping well x

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

hey Ladies, just back from town and picked up all my hospital bag bits for myself in Pennys. I took a look in Michael Guineys in Limerick but the place is so messy and dusty it put me off.

Spent yesterday painting , we are doing the whole upstairs so everything up in a heap. I slept soundly last night due to exhaustion.

Lower back ache been niggling me, and standing all day in work isnt helping.
    Doctor offered to put me on sick certs yesterday but work is finishing up in two weeks as it closes for six weeks so I will try to stick it out.

Got very depressed yesterday, money is so tight and I'm worrying and mood swinging, anyone else feeling like the hormones are making them extra emotional?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

tishandy wrote: »
    hey Ladies, just back from town and picked up all my hospital bag bits for myself in Pennys. I took a look in Michael Guineys in Limerick but the place is so messy and dusty it put me off.

Spent yesterday painting , we are doing the whole upstairs so everything up in a heap. I slept soundly last night due to exhaustion.

Lower back ache been niggling me, and standing all day in work isnt helping.
    Doctor offered to put me on sick certs yesterday but work is finishing up in two weeks as it closes for six weeks so I will try to stick it out.

Got very depressed yesterday, money is so tight and I'm worrying and mood swinging, anyone else feeling like the hormones are making them extra emotional?

Yep, getting v hormonal...crying at the most stupid little things, mostly at the tele but things like my sister said she was going to call the other day and didn't, got me in an awful state!!Its ridiculous, I see her all the time ha ha. In regards to money, I am exactly the same! I haven't been working properly for the last year and majorly stressed about money, but look, it will be tight(i presume same for nearly everybody) but we'll all muddle through! How did they do it years ago :D I find sitting with a hot water bottle behind back makes the world of difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Gee_G wrote: »
    Yep, getting v hormonal...crying at the most stupid little things, mostly at the tele but things like my sister said she was going to call the other day and didn't, got me in an awful state!!Its ridiculous, I see her all the time ha ha. In regards to money, I am exactly the same! I haven't been working properly for the last year and majorly stressed about money, but look, it will be tight(i presume same for nearly everybody) but we'll all muddle through! How did they do it years ago :D I find sitting with a hot water bottle behind back makes the world of difference!

I am same so emotional especially last week, seem to have picked myself up a bit this week, I ended up bawling my eyes out because my sister didnt ask me on an outing she had planned on sunday with brothers girlfriend, i felt so left out, like no one cares about me. ordinarily i would just think oh well be like that but i just cant help but think of all the support i have offered others through their pregnancies and now i feel on my own.......rant over but good to vent all the same...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

Ya i'm definitely more hormonal too in the last few days , was crying for 2 hrs solid the other night, so i guess its normal?! The tiredness is overwhelming and i make any excuse to go to my bed, just had my dinner in bed !
    Im a bit thrown as i was getting on fine but the ex just. Texted. Me there wanting to know how me and baby are doing. I haven't replied... Don't know what to do :-(

• Advertisement

Oh pushki, what are you going to say to him?

The tirdness is killing me too, normally im off on a wed morning and i get to have a bit of a rest but this morning i had to go to a funeral, a woman who is in a band with me, her brother dies suddenly on sunday only 48years old leaving behind 5 children, eldest 17 and the youngest is nly 8 or 9 im not sure.

Rose35 wrote: »
    I am same so emotional especially last week, seem to have picked myself up a bit this week, I ended up bawling my eyes out because my sister didnt ask me on an outing she had planned on sunday with brothers girlfriend, i felt so left out, like no one cares about me. ordinarily i would just think oh well be like that but i just cant help but think of all the support i have offered others through their pregnancies and now i feel on my own.......rant over but good to vent all the same...

Ye, there is a few people in my life too that I feel have failed to step up through out the whole pregnancy! I haven't seen one of my friends since I told her I was expecting(@12wks!!) and I think I have received maybe one msg from her! It is always at times like this that you kind of realise who are sunshine supporters and who are the real friends!!:rolleyes: I don't really let it get to me anymore to be honest, another 9 weeks and I will have all I need :D ( cheesy or what!!) But this time last year I didn't even know if I would be able to have kids!!

Anyway, pushki, hope you're ok! Typical when things are settling down you get a message like that! Got the appointment for my scan, its next Monday, didn't take them long! Its a foetal growth and placenta localisation ultrasound...anybody else have this???

Gee_G wrote: »
    Ye, there is a few people in my life too that I feel have failed to step up through out the whole pregnancy! I haven't seen one of my friends since I told her I was expecting(@12wks!!) and I think I have received maybe one msg from her! It is always at times like this that you kind of realise who are sunshine supporters and who are the real friends!!:rolleyes: I don't really let it get to me anymore to be honest, another 9 weeks and I will have all I need :D ( cheesy or what!!) But this time last year I didn't even know if I would be able to have kids!!

Anyway, pushki, hope you're ok! Typical when things are settling down you get a message like that! Got the appointment for my scan, its next Monday, didn't take them long! Its a foetal growth and placenta localisation ultrasound...anybody else have this???

at my last hospital appt, my consultant checked foetal growth, measuring babys tummy i think he said gives them the idea and he said 'he is a fine size', placenta low so will have that checked again at 36 weeks. I dont actually get appts for scans Im usually lucky and get to see my consultant on every hospital visit and he always rolls over the scanner for a quick look, i know of women in my antenatal classes that havent had a scan since 12 weeks!!.

Pushki, he is bound to be concerned about his baby, its only natural, its amazing the minute you show you can cope without them they are back wondering whats going on, he may be feeling a little guilty too about his behaviour, i hope you dont mind me saying that, i dont like to judge anyone as everyones circumstances are different but i hope he is feeling guilty, you deserve support or even a bit of interest in how ye are doing, think about what you are going to say to him, thats if you even want to reply, i know with me I usually lash out without thinking but sometimes its good to stand back and think of a good response, because you sound so much more stronger these days, good on you!!!! xx

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Ugh don't even talk to me about the hormones, I'm a wreck at times!

Meant to say yesterday- for anyone planning to breastfeed Dunnes have some button down nighties that would be perfect for breastfeeding. Took me ages to find some nice ones, everywhere seemed to just have summery string top and shorts type pyjamas. Some of the ones in Dunnes are a bit granny-ish but they have some nice ones too, and easy on the pocket at only 8 euro each :) Word of warning though the sizes are massive, the size 8-10 was big on me even with bump so try em on first! Just thought it would be handy for anyone picking up stuff for their bag xx

Thanks girls for the support, i thought of what to reply for the day and in the end i just said short and sweet were ok. He then text again but i have Decided not to reply. He can't expect me to be all pally with him after everything that has happened.

So exhausted today i slept for about 6hrs after my dinner and im just fit for the leaba again now :-)
    Must check out those nighties in dunnnes October . Really must get my act together and start thinking about packing the bag!!

• Advertisement

I only bought some of them nightdresses today the sizes are excellent, really comfortable too.

Had my last anti natal class tonight, have to say i found them good a lot of information given too

Ugh can't sleep my head has been tormented by him contacting me today and i feel the progress I've made is waning away:-( think ill ask the mat to arrange a meeting with a social worker to help me deal with issues.
    I am so angry at him the way he just drops an ol casual text to me after everything he put me through. Its not fair. I didn't. Reply to him but im shocked at the way he is trying to nuzzle. His way into my life again!! I don't want him at all, im so confused!!
    Was worried about little bab not kicking but she's on a role now .
    Need to get rid of the stress (ie. Him)

I find when im stressed too my tummy gets so tight and i dont feel my babs either, so try and relax, its not your problem that he is now feeling guilty, let him deal with his own issues cos i would say he is feeling guilty, relax and deep breaths, rub your tum and talk to your baby, thats all that matters now. xx

pushki, try and relax and not to get stressed, you and the baby are the important ones at the moment, so remember that.

back is killing me today, my doc is off on thrusdays, i might see can i see her before work tomorrow, and as for being hormonal, this morning me and oh were trying to decide what to have for dinner tonight and i wanted spag bol, took meet out and went to the press to see what sauces were there and there was none, and i cried, now it would be very easy to go to the shop on the way home from work and get some but it just upset me so much,

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

To the ladies who have lost a parent, I also understand, lost my mam at 16 and 15 years on there are days when it cuts me to the core the pain of it just takes my breath away. Especially now being pregnant knowing she's missed the wedding and now the baby, it's heartbreaking. And MIL is a nightmare just totally disinterested, even though it's her first grandchild. She has my head well and truly wrecked I have had enough of her antics, been very stressed the past week about it to the point that I went to GP on Monday as I was feeling light headed and wanted to check my BP. It was fine but mine and baby's pulse were raised, and that nearly made me worse i was furious with myself for letting the oul bat get to me so much. I know a certain amount of it is hormones, but she was like this in the run up to the wedding too, so it's mostly her than my hormones.
    Funny that we are all going through similar situations feeling let down by other people, and hormonal, and missing relatives. I find I'm worse as I live an hour away from my dad and just a mile from MIL, and if I was able to be a mile from my dad he'd be thrilled, yet she has us on her doorstep and she never ever visits, unless it suits her. Feel a bit lost being so far away and I don't know many people where I live either. Oh sorry I really went on a bit there, my apologies. :o

Pushki, hon you need to get some arrangement where you don't hear from him unexpectedly. Maybe give him a certain time and day that he can contact you (like tell him you will only communicate with him about the baby on a Sunday), or else maybe tell him you will text him when you want to, and for him not to contact you unless you start. That way you either know when to expect a text from him, or else you can control when to contact him. If you remove the possibility of the surprise aspect maybe you will be more relaxed and thats much better for you that getting anxious just receiving a text from him? Just a suggestion now, hope you don't think I'm overstepping the mark.

Sounds a bit like my MIL to be, she never calls over to our house, we are living togther nearly 6years and maybe 3visits in that time, this is her 1st grandchild too and she never asks anything about it or how am i etc, and my FIL would always ask how i am and always call over to see us they are so different, maybe she is excited but just dont want to show it i dont know, im the same hour and half away fom my mother and she is always on the phone or on the bus up to me, she loves the days that i havee the hospital as its halfway between us both and we get to go shoping and for lunch or coffee,dont get me wrong though she wrecks my head too haha

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

SSFG wrote: »
    To the ladies who have lost a parent, I also understand, lost my mam at 16 and 15 years on there are days when it cuts me to the core the pain of it just takes my breath away. Especially now being pregnant knowing she's missed the wedding and now the baby, it's heartbreaking. And MIL is a nightmare just totally disinterested, even though it's her first grandchild. She has my head well and truly wrecked I have had enough of her antics, been very stressed the past week about it to the point that I went to GP on Monday as I was feeling light headed and wanted to check my BP. It was fine but mine and baby's pulse were raised, and that nearly made me worse i was furious with myself for letting the oul bat get to me so much. I know a certain amount of it is hormones, but she was like this in the run up to the wedding too, so it's mostly her than my hormones.
    Funny that we are all going through similar situations feeling let down by other people, and hormonal, and missing relatives. I find I'm worse as I live an hour away from my dad and just a mile from MIL, and if I was able to be a mile from my dad he'd be thrilled, yet she has us on her doorstep and she never ever visits, unless it suits her. Feel a bit lost being so far away and I don't know many people where I live either. Oh sorry I really went on a bit there, my apologies. :o

Thanks SSFG. I have the same with the MIL. She has no interest in the boys or this pregnancy. She lives less than a mile away too and I am and hour and a half away from my Dad. It must be the hormones as the MIL's seem ten times worse during pregnancy and after the baby comes. I try to bite my tongue for OH's sake, even though the way my hormones are I could blow at her one of these days lol. :mad:

OH says I am way more hormonal this time and I am just cross. He said he is getting me one of the scratch posts for cats so I can sharpen mt claws - charming! Wonder does it mean I am having a girl this time?

Ha maybe so Kiniori it's after taking me a good 5 days to cool off after the latest incident, but she's getting to my husband too, so at least he can understand where I'm coming from, makes it seem less hormonally charged!
    I'll let rip at her one of these days I'm sure I will, but she's so silly it's like water off a duck she just genuinely doesn't realise that she is so insensitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

My OH always takes her side, that drives me crazy. Its tough being away from family too. Would love to live nearer my home place.

I am trying to let things go at the moment for the baby's sake. Its not worth letting the MIL's get so under our skin that we become stressed. x

I know I was disgusted with myself that she affected me so much that me and baby were feeling it. :mad: Not nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

Hey ladies! Hormone central here! Holy moly, I'm an emotional wreck these days, crying about everything! Although went to a spa today and had the most amazing pregnancy treatment. Scrub and massage, just pure bliss and feeling alot more relaxed now.
    Got the bags packed last night, it's mad how the weeks are in single figures now and because I know it's a planned section I don't have to wait the full 40 weeks.Great! Can't wait to meet them now!
    Sleep is improving the last couple of nights but pelvic pain is getting bad. Hopefully they won't decide to make an early appearance!
    Loads of Braxton Hicks too and all the time. My belly goes rock hard and they are getting a bit more uncomfortable in the past fews days.
    We really won't feel the time going now!!! Whoop whoop :)

Sounds like everyone is the same with the hormones so!!Bloody disaster!:)
    Not sure if I have been getting any Braxton Hicks yet...would I def know it if I was?? Absolutely killed with back pain the last few days, not sleeping, peeing every 2 minutes and crippled with heartburn! Apart from that....I'm flying :D:D

Although in general I have been very lucky with the pregnancy and everything going well in regards to sickness etc. I am ready for d-day to come now! I am feeling like a beach whale and it really didn't help when i tried on a dress today that I bought for a wedding and I also resembled one in it!!!:o

Also, I am sick looking out at this bloody rain. its depressing!! Now.....I am done giving out for today!:D Anyone anything nice planned for the weekend??

Gee G the Braxton Hicks are when your belly gets really hard and tight. Mine are lasting about 30 seconds each and I go rock hard and then it goes back to normal, more soft. They're not really sore but in the last coupe of days mine are getting more uncomfortable probably because I'm quite big now. I'm the same size now as I was the week I had my daughter eight years ago and she was 9 days overdue! I still have 8 or 9 weeks to go til a section at 37 or 38 weeks! Huge.com!!!!!!!
    Oh yea and forgot about the heartburn earlier when I was typing. Seriously horrendous! I must have gone through three big bottles of gaviscon in a little over a week! And it's so rotten! My daughter asked me why I gag when I drink it and the girl on the ad looks so happy when she drinks it :D

I gag when i take gaviscon too i really can't stand it, and th just feel like rennies are not helping any more,

baby is flat out moving tonight, Im up to pee what feels like every 2seconds too which i getting difficult now, oh was watching my tummy earlier laughing. It was like a slow motion move from one side to the other and he thought it was so funny

Ya SSFG i think it would be good to tell him i will contact him first if he bothers me again. The stress of him contacting me just isn't worth it.
    I haven't been feeling any bh (that i know of anyway) feel my tummy has got a bit softer in the last day or two though.
    Feeling some movements but they are not as sharp as they were before . I think the baby has moved position (?)
    I have a mat app on Tuesday so hopefully it will put my mind at ease that baby is happy and healthy.
    Edit!
    I think what i have been getting the last hrs or so are braxton hicks. Feel my tummy tightening for a min or so and getting cramps(?) or else its that galfer i took yesterday :-P

could be either pushki, did you ever get pains like that from galfer before?

im awake since 4am fell back asleep at 6.45 only for alarm to wake me up at 7.00 :( feel awful now,

Awful night's sleep last night! I felt like I had no room at all in the bed, husband said I tossed and turned alot...I was like, yes I know I did!!
    Bit cranky when I got up, hips were sore again so no point lying in.
    Have a spa day on Sunday with my sister so hopefully that will help with the stress from MIL and the sleeping.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

It's so hard to get comfortable in bed isn't it? Driving me insane... Feeling very crampy today, different from the braxton hicks I had before. Kind of unsettling cos OH and my mam are both away at the moment, I'm paranoid its more than braxton hicks! But they're not regular or getting stronger so thats a good sign.

Haha I was at the GP the other day and she was trying to listen to baby's heart beat but baby kept kicking her away! It was hilarious, little rascal :D

Have my antenatal classes next weekend. Just wondering for those of you who've had them what they went through? Is there much info on breast feeding?

Aaaaalso- got my exam results, passed em all!! :D So delighted cos it means no repeats just after having baby which is a GIANT relief. On such a buzz now, hope everyone has a lovely weekend! xxx

Sleeping is strangely improving over the past few nights, which is great because I haven't been sleeping properly for months!
    Just stopped in Mc Donald's for a milkshake! Mmmmm, new heartburn cure
    The galfer is horrible too! Is anyone else on two a day? I've to take one in the morning and one in the evening but to be honest I keep forgetting about the evening one! It's tight going though. One of the many things I'll not miss about pregnancy!
    Ah there's a baby in the ribs!!!
    For anyone who is going to formula feed, what are ye considering using or has anyone thought of it yet? Any recommendations or suggestions? My daughter was put on a special feed when she was only 7 weeks old so I only used Cow & Gate for a short time and that's 8 years ago. Just wondering what ye ladies are thinking?

• Advertisement

Am very very uncomfortable last night and today. Not sore, but I am getting twinges in my sides, just cannot get comfortable anywhere.
    Also serious decrease in movement I'm a bit bothered because usually I don't even need to count because she is so active. Though maybe I have just been spoilt. Had 2 pints of cold water while I lay down earlier and after about an hour I had some gentle movement so I'm hoping this monkey is just having a quiet day.

October congrats on the exams. Re the antenatal classes we haven't covered BFing yet so can't help you I'm afraid.

And new look I'm hoping to BF so haven't given any thought at all to which formula I'll be using :o

Advertisement