Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

btea plc scond level?

• 13-09-2011 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

plc course second level letter say 3rd level
    hi,
    i started a course level 5 fetac in business studies in my local secondary school.i applied for btea and got approved today pending confirmation off the registrar of the school that im attending as a full time day student, but on my letter from social welfare office it says approved for tlo (third level option) but i wrote on my btea form that it was second level as that's what it says the fetac website. Now i taught i would just say nothing and hand in the letter(which the school said il have this friday) but i read on welfare.ie

Second Level Option

You can attend a second level course of education at any community, comprehensive, secondary or vocational school.

The course must be:

full-time, and
    lead to a certificate recognised by the Department of Education and Skills, or
    lead to a certificate approved by the Further Education and Training Awards Council (FETAC),

Now thats fine but

Third Level Option

You can take a third level course at any university, third level college or institution as long as it is:

a full-time day course, and
    approved by the Department of Education and Skills for the
    Higher Education Grant Scheme,
    Vocational Education Committee's Scholarship Scheme, or
    Third Level Maintenance Grant Scheme for Trainees, or
    recognised by the Higher Education and Training Awards Council (HETAC).

Which does not apply to me as i dont meet the guidelines for it. what should i do tell them and possibly have to reapply or say nothing and just hand in the letter from the school on friday and see what happens
    Tagged:

Advertisement