Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help Needed

• 15-07-2014 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Howye lads, am seriously considering going on a protein supplement in order to increase muscle gain (yeah i know, im one of them) but i was wondering what the disadvantages are and if anyone who is on them now can give me feed back on whether they are worth even going on... Ive tried to introduce more protein to my diet naturally but one can only eat chicken sambos and poached eggs for so long before youd rather starve than eat them... I dont really have the money to be eating steak morning noon and night either :(

My main question is really, Is it better to go on protein or suck it up and keep naturally adding it? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Pros - good source of readily available protein, generally tastes nice if you're willing to spend.

Cons - expensive up front investment so to speak, but technically quite cheap in a protein per euro kind of way.

If you have the money then work away, there's absolutely no downsides whatsoever. You obviously don't need it if you can eat enough protein from natural food but if as you say you're sick of eggs and chicken then it would be a decent alternative. Maybe try eating a bit more fish in your diet if you can't stomach chicken but if you're trying to put on weight then yeah I find it's easier to stomach what is pretty much a chocolate/strawberry milkshake than it is to horse another chicken fillet into ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AsylumWaffle

Pros - good source of readily available protein, generally tastes nice if you're willing to spend.

Cons - expensive up front investment so to speak, but technically quite cheap in a protein per euro kind of way.

If you have the money then work away, there's absolutely no downsides whatsoever. You obviously don't need it if you can eat enough protein from natural food but if as you say you're sick of eggs and chicken then it would be a decent alternative. Maybe try eating a bit more fish in your diet if you can't stomach chicken but if you're trying to put on weight then yeah I find it's easier to stomach what is pretty much a chocolate/strawberry milkshake than it is to horse another chicken fillet into ya.

Nice one pal

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

The chicken doesn't have to be in sandwiches
    You can get cheaper cuts of beef
    Fish, tuna, boiled eggs

But yeah they're handy enough esp as a dessert

Advertisement