Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eeek... Boxer consumed Vaseline :-/

Options
  • 05-01-2011 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm sittin here at my computer trying to do an assignment while my boxer Bailey who'll be 2 in March chews on her Kong bone.

She just barked and when I looked around, here she was staring at my little green EMPTY pot of vaseline, you know the pocket size ones?

Will this harm her? Should I ring the vets or keep an eye on her and see if she gets ill from it?

She's taken to stealing random things lately and she has perfected it to a fine art at this stage. That pot of vaseline was sittin in front of me underneat the computer screen, how she got it I have NO idea.

Any suggestions welcome xx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

it wont harm her, after effects may be a little runny if you catch my drift

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

i doubt it would hurt her as its used on babies. maybe to put your mind at easy just give your vet a quick call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

I hear ya.. lol

She loves my Burts Bees and I'm literally tortured if I even open the cap of it. She does steal the odd kiss and licks my lips but she's actually licked this pot clean. :-/

Currently, she's lying on her mat, as close to the radiator as physically possible and giving me the 'I'm sorry but unbelievbaly cute and funny' look ;)

Gotta love dogs eh!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

mmmm the joys of young boxers :)My Bruno ate phones,shoes,remotes,doors,tables etc etc when he was a pup hehehe

Bailey has eating an item of my eh,, underwear.. and re-produced it again.. we found it in the garden as she'd decided to chew on it again :eek: She's got an unbelievable fetish for tissues and cotton wool. Eugh! lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

My friends boxer has eaten a whole packet of the pill and her husbands fake eye:eek:, which they managed to recover when she puked it back up again, lol.

Omigod a fake eye!? Jeeeeebus.. that's a bit mad now.

Oh well, it'l be a miracle if I get this assignment done at all because she's a pure 'play with me' torture! I just don't have time to take her out for her walk just yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

andreac wrote: »
    My friends boxer has eaten a whole packet of the pill and her husbands fake eye:eek:, which they managed to recover when she puked it back up again, lol.

One of mine ate a months supply of the pill. The Vet told me, amongst hilarious laughter from everyone in the surgery, that eating the whole pack was fine. It would of been potentially more serious if he'd eaten one every day !.

Boxers are very intelligent - don't be fooled by the clowning. Your dog has eaten something disgusting - check the socks, underwear etc. It knows that some Vaseline will ease the digestive process & provide a bit of lubrication !.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

I'm sorry OP, I've no advice for you, but honestly, it's just made me laugh so much, as have some of the other stories!

I hope she's ok, and thanks for giving me a giggle!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

My jrt loves the stuff, shes beyond obsessed with getting it/plotting how to get it. We have to hide it well and up very high and if she sees it at all she goes mad. If its left down even for a second she will have it gone in a shot.

She managed to eat half a large tub once. No ill effects that I could see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Isn't the green one the aloe vera one? Be ready for some runs...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

aoife2k wrote: »
    Bailey has eating an item of my eh,, underwear.. and re-produced it again.. we found it in the garden as she'd decided to chew on it again :eek: She's got an unbelievable fetish for tissues and cotton wool. Eugh! lol

Haha, typical Boxer! Rodge use to eat socks, underwear, tissues, Jay cloths, sponges, stones, basically everything! It's amazing he lasted 10+ years without any serious stomach problems! Lunatic of a dog! As soon as you caught him with something rather then give it up he'd try to swallow it!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fishfoodie

aoife2k wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I'm sittin here at my computer trying to do an assignment while my boxer Bailey who'll be 2 in March chews on her Kong bone.

She just barked and when I looked around, here she was staring at my little green EMPTY pot of vaseline, you know the pocket size ones?

Will this harm her? Should I ring the vets or keep an eye on her and see if she gets ill from it?

She's taken to stealing random things lately and she has perfected it to a fine art at this stage. That pot of vaseline was sittin in front of me underneat the computer screen, how she got it I have NO idea.

Any suggestions welcome xx

Start putting down some newspaper, in fact lots of newspaper ..... everywhere.

Paraffin is remarkably effective laxative, & has been used in the past for this medicinally. Gentle, but very, very effective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Keep him at home for the next few days... you don't want your neighbours seeing your dog with a greased up arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Meteoric

Vaseline is essentially solid Liquid Paraffin which is what I feed to my dogs if I think they have eaten something I want out of them sooner rather than later :D so put down papers but should all be fine. Green just adds the Aloe Vera which people take to cleanse their systems. Again make sure access to outside or lots of paper.
    If there were any danger there would be keep out of the reach of kids warnings all over the packaging

Boxers are very good at telling you when they have an upset stomach. All of mine would hunch up & develop a real hang dog, I am ill look, in a vain effort to get sympathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

Keep him at home for the next few days... you don't want your neighbours seeing your dog with a greased up arse!

HA! Love it! :D:D:D

It's even worse when they look through the window & see you checking for testicular tumours :D

Advertisement