Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Moving to Rush

• 26-08-2005 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭

What thinks ye of this bold move? Please don't say don't as we're already sale agreed :p

Not so much of a problem for me as I'm self employed and kinda work my own hours. Herself on the other hand has got to journey to Donnybrook daily and then there's the small matter of finding a creche for the wee one also!

Anyone living/lived in the area that can offer some advice?
    I'm wondering about commuting times to and from, taxi fares, trains etc......
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Herself on the other hand has got to journey to Donnybrook daily
    I think a train is a must, but it can be an awful walk from Lansdowne Road up to Donnybrook in the rain. There are a few busses, but not frequent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Thanks Victor,

the train would be of no use to her sometimes, as every second week she has to be in work for 7am :eek:

We're lucky that we both have cars I suppose, anyone any idea of the commute time to get to Donnybrook for 7am?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Thanks Victor,

the train would be of no use to her sometimes, as every second week she has to be in work for 7am :eek:

We're lucky that we both have cars I suppose, anyone any idea of the commute time to get to Donnybrook for 7am?

You could easily get to Donnybrook for 7 am by bus but it would mean leaving at 5.15.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

What thinks ye of this bold move? Please don't say don't as we're already sale agreed :p

Not so much of a problem for me as I'm self employed and kinda work my own hours. Herself on the other hand has got to journey to Donnybrook daily and then there's the small matter of finding a creche for the wee one also!

Anyone living/lived in the area that can offer some advice?
    I'm wondering about commuting times to and from, taxi fares, trains etc......
    Thanks.

Check out the Northern Commuter line on www.irishrail.ie The first train in the morning is 6.40 from Rush and it goes all the way to Bray stopping off in D4 (Sandymount) around 7.20.

The first bus leaves at around 6.20 from Balbriggan/Skerries in the morning all the way into town, 33. There's 33A's which go to Swords.

You've also got the 41xpresso from Swords to UCD/Belfield.

Rush (and Lusk) trainstation is a few miles out of the town, a fiver by taxi.

Not too bad getting to the quays, once you get to the quays it'll get a big hectic.

Try a trial run on September 5th :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Bluetonic wrote:
    Check out the Northern Commuter line on www.irishrail.ie The first train in the morning is 6.40 from Rush and it goes all the way to Bray stopping off in D4 (Sandymount) around 7.20.

The first bus leaves at around 6.20 from Balbriggan/Skerries in the morning all the way into town, 33. There's 33A's which go to Swords.

You've also got the 41xpresso from Swords to UCD/Belfield.

Rush (and Lusk) trainstation is a few miles out of the town, a fiver by taxi.

The first train from Rush at 0640 only goes to Pearse - connect there for a DART. It's the 0726 ex-Rush that continues south.

The 33/33A timetables are changing this weekend with virtually all buses becoming 33's again. I don't think that the virtual demise of the 33A will be something missed by the residents of North Dublin. The first bus is at 0450 ex-Balbriggan (say 0510 in Rush) and the next at 0605 ex-Skerries.

trainuser wrote:
    I don't think that the virtual demise of the 33A will be something missed by the residents of North Dublin.

It never served north Dublin, only north county Dublin ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭Thomond Pk

Rush is a good spot, the only option looks like driving but at least there would be little traffic at that time of the morning. Irish Rail should look into a 530 Drogheda departure arriving Pearse c 0630 so as that people can be at their desks for 7am, a feature that is becoming more common with the entry of the newer EU states.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Thomond Pk wrote:
    Irish Rail should look into a 530 Drogheda departure arriving Pearse c 0630 so as that people can be at their desks for 7am

That would be kinda sweet allright, thanks for all the replies folks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Bluetonic wrote:
    The first bus leaves at around 6.20 from Balbriggan/Skerries in the morning all the way into town, 33.

In fact the first bus leaves Balbriggan at 05:00 and will get you into town for 06:30,so loads of time to get out to Donnybrook

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭enterprise

trainuser wrote:
    The 33/33A timetables are changing this weekend with virtually all buses becoming 33's again. I don't think that the virtual demise of the 33A will be something missed by the residents of North Dublin. The first bus is at 0450 ex-Balbriggan (say 0510 in Rush) and the next at 0605 ex-Skerries.

NOte: FIRST BUS now at 0450 Dub 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Indeed Enterprise 0450 it is from Monday next!

Advertisement