Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Australian Skilled Migration Visa - Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Sorry that sounds like a scam - never give any money to people to sort out your visa.

There are so many stories about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭radharc05

MANY MANY MANY thanks for you speedy reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭LizOHagan

radharc05 wrote: »
    Apologies for posting this if it is out of place, please do advise.

We are looking to Emigrate later this year. My OH is Trade qualified. We did have a would be sponsor, but this would be FIFO and is not suitable as we have 2 small children.
    We spotted some adverts on a site earlier and there was a guy there called Niall Minogue, he looks for €300 and will get visa sorted and find work as well?!
    Just wondered if anyone knows anything about him or his service?
    Would much appreciate it if anyone can help.

Hello... some general advice

- you won't get a visa for a family unit for 300 euros
    - recruiters should not charge to secure work for you the job applicant
    - only seek advice from a visa agent registered with mara.gov.au
    - get some written advice on what the 300 euros covers
    - you secured one sponsor so why not try again?
    - consider permanent skilled visas but act quickly before the July 1st changes
    - there are alot of people (and this is a general comment) getting in on the 'australian job/visa bandwagon' who have little or no experience but see it as an opportunity to scam vulnerable people in the current times....in all honesty if it was that easy I would be a retired millionaire

Research and double check all information before you part with your hard earned cash and best of luck! Liz

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭metalwood

Hi All
    I have so many question but ill try to be brief

Im a trade qualified toolmaker but have my own small engineering shop for the past 8 years doing steel fabrication/welding and machining doing very little at the minute so Im thinking moving the whole family over.

Would I be better looking for sponsorship or going skilled visa route?

As I can be skills assessed in 3 different areas - toolmaker - welder - machinist would I be better going for the one with trade papers or curent experience.

If I was looking for sponsors how would I go about it?

My wife is an Accountant Technician - Would we even be eligible for a visa?
    My preference is state sponsorship in WA as these occupations are still on the list.

I have 4 children ranging from 15 to 4 and im 40 this year:cool: Is it a difficult process to move the whole family? or should I keep dreaming:rolleyes:

Many Thanks MW

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rph1981

Hi Guys,

Very informative thread. Me and the GF are coming to the end of our WHV and are returning to Ireland as we have return flights. However, we are thinking of coming back to live permanently in Oz. She is on the list of skilled occupations, so we were thinking of applying for the PR before the rules change in July. The only trouble is that this means approx. 18 months in limbo. Our other option is for her to apply for a 457 and me to go de facto on that visa. My question is does the rule change for the PR affect those who are/will be on a 457 if they choose to apply for PR? Anotherwords, would we be better off waiting it out and getting full PR or chance the 457 and hope the rule changes do not make applying for PR more difficult? The regional visa or state sponsored is not really an option as Sydney was the only place I could get work.

Thanks in advance.

Ronan

• Advertisement

rph1981 wrote: »
    My question is does the rule change for the PR affect those who are/will be on a 457 if they choose to apply for PR? Anotherwords, would we be better off waiting it out and getting full PR or chance the 457 and hope the rule changes do not make applying for PR more difficult?

It will affect anyone who applies for PR, it doesn't really matter what visa you are on, the only affect a 457 on a visa is that you can get extra points (or did, not sure if still counts)

However if you are on a 457, after 2 years with one company you can apply for ENS, which is a lot quicker and easier and no need for skills assessment (you can apply before 2 years, but you'll need skills assessment)

One advantage of 457 is that you can apply for a PR while on a 457 and continue to work in Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Apologies for posting this if it is out of place, please do advise.

We are looking to Emigrate later this year. My OH is Trade qualified. We did have a would be sponsor, but this would be FIFO and is not suitable as we have 2 small children.
    We spotted some adverts on a site earlier and there was a guy there called Niall Minogue, he looks for €300 and will get visa sorted and find work as well?!
    Just wondered if anyone knows anything about him or his service?
    Would much appreciate it if anyone can help.

Is that TheDealisYouhavebeenDone.ie? Similar to this one.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056511232

Is Niall Minogue Kylies Irish cousin that offers sponsorship for tractor drivers?

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Is that TheDealisYouhavebeenDone.ie? Similar to this one.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056511232

Is Niall Minogue Kylies Irish cousin that offers sponsorship for tractor drivers?

Now he did'nt mention it, but he could be. He's got ads all over D'deal
    Surely if he was a fake he would have come a cropper by now?
    Aparantly he's got offices in Kilkenny and everything.
    Is he legit? if not I am going to make some noise.

Many thanks also Liz for your post. Very informative.
    Niall Minogue does'nt sound professional over the phone either, he sounds totally unlike someone whos running a business, crude to say the least, a bit of a boyo.
    Says that he has links over, and that he will do up your c.v and find a prospective employer who will sponsor you, and for that service he charges €300?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

You mean like this one

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/others/2808255
    A COMPLETE SHORTAGE OF ELECTRICAL LINESMEM IN AUSTRALIA

WANTED IMMEDIATELY IMMEDIATELY FOR MAJOR DEVELOPMENT IN WESTERN AUSTRALIA HIGHLY SKILLED ELECTRICAL LINESMEN

THIS COMPANY EMPLOYS OVER 17,000 GLOBALLY FLIGHTS / ACCOMADATION FANTASTIC PACKAGE.

WE NEED 30 GUYS 457 VISAS CAN BE SECURED.

WELDERS - AUTO TECHNICANS/ COMMERCIAL / AGRICULTURAL MECHANICS / PANEL BEATERS /

REQUIRED IN AUSTRALIA ALSO.

INTERVIEWS TO TAKE PLACE IN OUR OFFICES IN KILKENNY.

VISAS CAN BE OBTAINED FOR SUCCESSFUL CANDITATES WHO HAVE THE RELEVANT QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE

Call NIALL MINOGUE

Mobile +353 86*************

Yeah I would consider this a scam

Edit A search for "jobs" "Australia" on donedeal exposed a fair few of these.

They all look to be written by the same guy

Zambia wrote: »
    You mean like this one

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/others/2808255

Yeah I would consider this a scam

I think thats totally disgusting. If anyone gets a chance, ring this guy, he can talk the talk, walk the walk - 'my offices in Kilkenny', 'I can get cha a job alrite boyh'
    '€300 quid for the service, we'll do your C.V and all. The Ozzies love C.V's with loads of details, tell em everything'

Seriously give him a buzz!:)

• Advertisement

Look it might be legit, maybe he just looked up jobs on Seek.com.au and is charging €300 search fee's.

So you could easily just try Seek.com.au yourself and save yourself the money.

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Look it might be legit, maybe he just looked up jobs on Seek.com.au and is charging €300 search fee's.

So you could easily just try Seek.com.au yourself and save yourself the money.

I've already done that. But we're getting no reply from them when we send C.V on. Aparantly they are inundated with them.

I just wondered if this guy Niall has contact with the companies in Oz and is checking people out for possible recruitment and is recommending people from here when he sees their qualifications, then companies in Oz are happy to sponsor upon his recommendation.

That said, why are'nt they paying him?!

I dont know what to make of it.:rolleyes:

I just wondered if this guy Niall has contact with the companies in Oz and is checking people out for possible recruitment and is recommending people from here when he sees their qualifications, then companies in Oz are happy to sponsor upon his recommendation.

Maybe he wants you to believe that.

Desperate times = Desperate People

That said, why are'nt they paying him?!

I dont know what to make of it.:rolleyes:

What if the employers interview you and are not intrested, do you get your money back?

Mod Guys let's drop the scam busting threads, this is about a skilled migrant visas.

As a warning to future users, please don't part with any money to people who promise to get you a job in Australia, unless they can provide some written contract.

Work agencies do not take money upfront.

hussey wrote: »
    Mod Guys let's drop the scam busting threads, this is about a skilled migrant visas.

As a warning to future users, please don't part with any money to people who promise to get you a job in Australia, unless they can provide some written contract.

Work agencies do not take money upfront.

I did say in my initial post that if posting was in the wrong place to advise me. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 fuzz11

Hi there,

have been reading yer thread and what a wonderful resource. fair play to all of ye!!
    partner and i currently in perth on WHV,and looking to stay here for a while longer. he is too old for 2nd WHV so looking into 487. he is a carpenter. 457 is unfortunatly not n option at the moment.

we have been quoted $11,000 from an agent to submit an application for 487, is this right? am i right that you do NOT get this money back if you are not granted this visa?

could anyone recommend an agent based in perth?pm details if necessary

confusing times!!!

any advice appreciated. thanks icon11.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 drummer157

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone out there has done the skills assessment for motor mechanics for skilled migrants visa for oz? If so could you explain what it entails? From what I can see it can take the form of a practical assessment or a technical interview depending what assessing body you use? Any info greatly appreciated......

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sweetie20

Hey just looking for some help as i dont have a skill but have an australian partner and just had a baby together, we are thinking of emigrating and would love if anyone could advise what type of visa we need, is there a partner one and hard to get and how long do you have to wait. We did look into it a while back and told we would have to contact the Australian Embassey in london, it costs a fortune to ring them, like a pound a minute... would be grateful for any advice thanks a mil

sweetie20 wrote: »
    Hey just looking for some help as i dont have a skill but have an australian partner and just had a baby together, we are thinking of emigrating and would love if anyone could advise what type of visa we need, is there a partner one and hard to get and how long do you have to wait. We did look into it a while back and told we would have to contact the Australian Embassey in london, it costs a fortune to ring them, like a pound a minute... would be grateful for any advice thanks a mil

Have a look at http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/ for a start anyway, there should be a simply form you can fill out and will tell you the visa

drummer157 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone out there has done the skills assessment for motor mechanics for skilled migrants visa for oz? If so could you explain what it entails? From what I can see it can take the form of a practical assessment or a technical interview depending what assessing body you use? Any info greatly appreciated......

Hello...in most case the Vic Uni option is the quickest and simplest option. The technical interview is via skype at a designated location. The Vic Uni website contains all the information on what to expect. You will need to move quickly if you hope to apply under the existing skilled visa program which is due to change on July 1st.

Good Luck, Liz

• Advertisement

sweetie20 wrote: »

You should look at a Partner Visa on Immigration website. Irish residents need to lodge the application by post to the Australian High Commission in London and processing is currently 5 - 6 months from date of lodgement. You need documentary evidence of your relationship and prove it is a genuine, long term relationship. The Immigration website has detailed information on the Partner visa categories. It is important to understand the criteria fully before you apply as no embassy will provide you with guidance on your eligibility as they can only provide general information.

Hope that helps! Regards, Liz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 drummer157

Hello...in most case the Vic Uni option is the quickest and simplest option. The technical interview is via skype at a designated location. The Vic Uni website contains all the information on what to expect. You will need to move quickly if you hope to apply under the existing skilled visa program which is due to change on July 1st.

Good Luck, Liz

Was just wondering if you could help? You replied to my post in relation to the mechanics skills assessment for oz visa. I have over 20 years experience as an Aftersales Manager, many of those years have been spent in a hands on mechanical role but probably 50/50 with my managerial duties. Is in your experience the Vic Uni skills assessment via skype an easier route than the vetasses hands on skills assessment? I just have a niggling doubt that I may not fair as well with the hands on assessment..Any help or advise would be gratefully appreciated..

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭saraj14

Hi
    My boyfriend and I are looking to apply for the 175 visa. Immigration told us that it is taking up to 18 months to process. If we go through an agent will it be any quicker?

Also how difficult is it to apply yourself?

We are currently in Oz on a 457 visa, which expires in July 2014.

Thanks in advance for any help.

saraj14 wrote: »
    Hi
    My boyfriend and I are looking to apply for the 175 visa. Immigration told us that it is taking up to 18 months to process. If we go through an agent will it be any quicker?

Also how difficult is it to apply yourself?

We are currently in Oz on a 457 visa, which expires in July 2014.

Thanks in advance for any help.

It's not very difficult, the difficulty is gathering the evidence and skills assessment - that to me was the hard bit.

what area of work are you guys in, is there any chance of getting work to sponsor you - that will improve the timeframe a lot.

thanks Hussey
    We could go through his work but they want us to use a particular agent and she is quoting huge money. So we are thinking of doing it ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Going through his work means it is a different visa, an END visa not a 175.

What fee is she quoting?
    If you think you can do it go for it. But you ahve to be sure.
    It's not soemthing you can just have a go at and hope for the best.

Mellor, I understand that they are different visas. I was just replying to Hussey that the option to go the employer route was there.

She is quoting $8k and that does not include, medicals, clearance, skills assessment etc.
    I'm going to try and get all the documentation together and I can always change my mind before i submit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

hi guys
    The wife and i were talking and its looking like we may decide to head out to her sister in Australia. She has been there for a few years and we might sell up and move over to them.

To move a family out to Oz (4 of us, including 2 small kids) what is the best option.
    I passed a skilled migrant test on a website and am in the area of online operations and customer service management. Any pointers would be a great help to start us on our way.

cheers
    Darren

Firstly have a read of the entire thread, there is a lot of helpful advice from various agents here.

Secondly make sure the website you are checking is immi.gov.au rather than a visa agents 'click here to see if eligible'.

It's pretty much a 3 stage process, apply for skills assessment, if successful apply for migrant visa (though after July this will be by invite, so enter pool, after invite apply), and last stage is having a lot of patience.

Is there any specific questions?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Immanuel_CAN

Hi all, great thread. I have completed 2 years of a bricklaying apprenticeship and have merits in the tests took in Fas up to phase 3 of the 7 phase apprenticeship.

I continued to work as a Bricklayer after this but never returned to complete the apprenticeship. Besides not officially completing the apprenticeship I would consider myself a good Bricklayer and I have ex employers who would verify this.

Considering this and the fact I would easily be as good a bricklayer as someone with papers, what are the chances of me getting to the practical assessment stage?

Any and all opinions on this appreciated.

Advertisement